Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Yeh that sh*te will kill you :roll:

Only if you let it - come on in join the party - just for a little while - its not that addictive - you can always stop.

Out of interest, whilst your not playing, if you were playing where would you be......*

*Unsubtle attempt to try and hook him....

Dunno but you seem to be playing that silly game with CJCP that I played, it'll all end in tears :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    edited March 2011
    itboffin wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Yeh that sh*te will kill you :roll:

Only if you let it - come on in join the party - just for a little while - its not that addictive - you can always stop.

Out of interest, whilst your not playing, if you were playing where would you be......*

*Unsubtle attempt to try and hook him....

Dunno but you seem to be playing that silly game with CJCP that I played, it'll all end in tears :lol:

The one where he plays with your head, by diving under the radar ......silence.....nothing.....no stats....no bikeradar. Where's he gone...... maybe he's on holiday, busy at work.... good no time for cycling. I'm ahead and can ease off slightly

Ahhh there he is and he's spent the last 5 days out grinding 50 miles a day and is 60 miles ahead.
  • itboffin
    That's the one :lol:

enjoy BOTH of you :lol:

I'm so relaxed now I actually dont even bother logging any utility miles like trips to the shop etc wooohahahahaha :twisted:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Ooh I can add 15 MTB miles! That's erm 35 this year. Must try harder.

My head obviously isn't in the game this year, I did those on saturday without even thinking about the stats leaderboard :?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    After tomorrows commute I'll have done well over 750 miles this month. Quite happy with that.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • jzed
    I am reserving declaring my mileage until tomorrow.......keep CJCP guessing what I've have or haven't been up to :twisted:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    JZed wrote:
    I am reserving declaring my mileage until tomorrow.......keep CJCP guessing what I've have or haven't been up to :twisted:

really no point till you get to the business end of the year...

up to you though... but by doing this, he's winning
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jzed
    Ooohh - on Sunday I set myself a target of hitting 1000 miles for the month - 4 days 179 miles. I have 13.6 to go on the way home to make it but have just realised I am 35 miles from a nice round 2,500. Tempted to go for it but had planned on an evening sat in the bath with a nice cold bottle of beer.... :?
  • R_T_A
    R_T_A Posts: 488
    JonGinge wrote:

Ya bastid! :evil:

:lol::lol:
    CiB wrote:
    Concur. I wouldn't have reset his password if I'd thought it would drop me a place. Git.
    :wink:

I'd forgotten how much love there is on this thread. :P
    Giant Escape R1
    FCN 8
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    - Terry Pratchett.
  • jzed
    JZed wrote:
    Ooohh - on Sunday I set myself a target of hitting 1000 miles for the month - 4 days 179 miles. I have 13.6 to go on the way home to make it but have just realised I am 35 miles from a nice round 2,500. Tempted to go for it but had planned on an evening sat in the bath with a nice cold bottle of beer.... :?

Both targets done - roll on next month.
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Both targets done - roll on next month.

Good work, feel free to have a free april fools beer tomorrow :lol:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Beat my fairly easy target by 1.3 miles :lol:

Unfortunately, this afternoon I was 25.5 miles short and my long commute over the high Chevin was 26.8 miles. So I had to go home over the Chevin - that was an hour into winds that I think were gusting up to about 50mph. I was up to 15 mph down on normal speeds! At one point I was struggling to keep over 6mph. Route took 20 minutes longer than normal......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Rolf F wrote:
    Unfortunately, this afternoon I was 25.5 miles short and my long commute over the high Chevin was 26.8 miles

What's that beasty like? I've got family in Otley and have been considering bringing the bike on the next visit...
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Failed to hit 900 YTD by less than 1% :( I blame that on the tw@t in the Saxo who hit me on the roundabout just over an hour ago. With sensible drivers like that about I'm better off in front of the PC.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    Rolf F wrote:
    Beat my fairly easy target by 1.3 miles :lol:

Unfortunately, this afternoon I was 25.5 miles short and my long commute over the high Chevin was 26.8 miles. So I had to go home over the Chevin - that was an hour into winds that I think were gusting up to about 50mph. I was up to 15 mph down on normal speeds! At one point I was struggling to keep over 6mph. Route took 20 minutes longer than normal......

Yarp dude 6mph = win, I failed to even get out today, the freaking wind was so bad trees were bending in half.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    doesn't look much better out there this morning ... oh well
  • rolf_f
    itboffin wrote:
    Yarp dude 6mph = win, I failed to even get out today, the freaking wind was so bad trees were bending in half.

You do - I'm pretty sure my minimum was 6.2! :lol:
    davis wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Unfortunately, this afternoon I was 25.5 miles short and my long commute over the high Chevin was 26.8 miles

What's that beasty like? I've got family in Otley and have been considering bringing the bike on the next visit...

Full of options - there are a whole load of steep routes onto the Chevin from the Wharfe and the ridge further East from Otley; but I've only tended to go down them for various reasons! (Usually because I am heading over to Ilkley which means coming back via Menston - easy peasy, or the Cow and Calf - not easy peasy)

My route in the morning goes up York Gate which runs up from Menston to the West - it is a grim, straight drag up. That said, you can get to over 40 going down before jamming the brakes on for the T junction at the bottom. Last night I made about 22 mph :lol:

There's much better than that though - head north from Otley and there are about 3 routes that head towards Pateley Bridge and the infamous Greenhow Hill. You won't regret making a loop out of those (except when you are struggling up Greenhow!)

As for today - nice to see that the South Westerly that nearly killed me yesterday still gave me quite a surprising amount of headwind on the way in.......
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Rolf F wrote:
    helpful route advice.

Ta. That's gone in my "routes to try" folder for when I get back to verticality (and ooop North)!
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Pick up a new summer bike tomorrow. This will encourage lots more mileage over the coming months...

Top 20 all the way :twisted:
    FCN 2 to 8
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I'm at 1300 miles for the quarter. Keep this up that and it's 5200 for the year. Wahoo hay with that.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Aidy, you did 175 miles on a commute this morning?! :shock:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rolf_f
    davis wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    helpful route advice.

Ta. That's gone in my "routes to try" folder for when I get back to verticality (and ooop North)!

No probs! I went that way myself on Saturday - over to Otley, Blubberhouses, a really nice mini Stelvio pass type descent into Pateley Bridge I'd not been over before (a great climb I reckon), up to Middlesmoor and back via Kettlesing Bottom, Stainburn and Old Pool Bank. A really nice ride!
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    I'm pretty much on target. Got in a 75 miler yesterday up to Maesteg, Cymmer and up the Bwlch, managed to ride through Maesteg 3 times due to a routing input error on my mates Garmin.

My cycling buddy usually cane's me up hills but I seemed to hit a purple patch and thoroughly enjoyed the steady climb.

I was under orders to get back for 1 - 1:30 and had a bit of a panic when I noticed the time was 12:55 and my mate was just finishing his ice cream - at the Bwlch Ice Cream Van!

We got split (my mistake) near Tonyreveil and I gave it all I had to get home quick, got in at 2:30ish, fairly happy with a 16.9mph average as we weren't that quick on the way out.

Got some lighthearted stick from my boys when I got home.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    @Benno - how many brownie points are you now down after the late return? :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Got to try and get 61 miles on before close of play on thursday to grab 1k this year.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • rolf_f
    redvee wrote:
    Got to try and get 61 miles on before close of play on thursday to grab 1k this year.

Don't worry - you have plenty of time. There's almost 9 months left of the year!
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    cjcp wrote:
    @Benno - how many brownie points are you now down after the late return? :lol:

Hey CJ

Mrs Benno was very good about it fortunately. Her personal trainer (an MMA fighter) said she was like a "Mini Rambo" at the end of her last session - so I'd better keep an eye on the time next weekend :lol:

It was a really great route though, a nasty kick up from Cymer and then drop down to the start of the Bwlch.

Are you planning on a visit sometime soon?

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    bails87 wrote:
    Aidy, you did 175 miles on a commute this morning?! :shock:

Too lazy to update more than once a week.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    itboffin wrote:
    Cough cough didn't see any kind of change request for the most recent stats UI upgrade :roll:
    Me neither. I'll unwind it next time I'm faffing about on there. Still wanting paperwork tho? Tssk. Some people...
    Very nice but I have a couple of issues, listed here in OCD order :roll:

The colours are all wrong, seriously wrong! Jash back me up here...!
    Er you didn't import the existing data ie Mine - v important, it's always about me :wink:
    I've not seen a copy of the proposed solution SLA agreement, signed in scalp red by the wise ones (might take awhile) :lol:

Did I mentioned the colour scheme :shock: hello!

But generally v nice, clearly that time could have been spent cycling :P

Never happy some people. :wink:
  • itboffin
    @CIB your search-fu is strong :wink:

PS. I can not be held accountable for anything written or spoken that I can not remember ie everything older than 1 hour ago, Mrs itboffin does not understand this!