Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Two weeks off the bike and I'm still in the top 30. I'm disappointed in all of you.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Asprilla wrote:
    Two weeks off the bike and I'm still in the top 30. I'm disappointed in all of you.
    t's hard work when only two commutes days are possible most weeks, and then two is often just one for many & various reasons some weeks. Top 30? I'm struggling to stay inside the top 70. Gutted.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    hambones wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Default Bikely = 1245 miles, 13,000 feet of ascent (not too bad over the distance!)

:

That's an interesting stat - our Lejog is working out at 1080 miles (and that's before we've got lost) and 40,000ft of ascent according to Bikely

I suppose the only real detour is Lowestoft and that takes you straight to the East and the flat stuff. TBH, I think points of the compass would be far harder than the small additional distance implies due to the relative tedium of the flatter route.

But note I just clicked on the four points - so Bikely would have sent you down the M4 and up the A1 (M) for a start :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Hi everyone,

I signed up to SC Stats at the beginning of March, having been told about it by my brother. I've just found where you are all hiding in this forum so thought I'd say hi!

be_green_recycle
  • Crawler2
    Crawler2 Posts: 29
    Yeah me too. Watch I as come crawling up the leaderborad with my 24-mile daily commute.
    My legs really ache.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I only joined in March too - is there anyway of checking the leaderboard by Month?
  • CiB
    The column headers invoke a descending sort so you can view the individual months by total. There's no means of breaking the whole thing down by date range though. Not yet anyway.

I might look at that - if it's pretty easy I might give it a go now that I've got the source & PC all in one place again (see thread passim...)
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Oh I see, cheers. I've just jumped to number 27.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    A few extra miles last night to do a tweed run recce... then cycled home, the ride in this morning with empty useless legs reminded me of last year...ahh those were the days
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Whilst wisely choosing NOT to participate in the stats league this year I have set myself an equal dumb challenge, namely to do more miles each month in fact it actually to do 300+ in Jan 400+ in Feb 500+ Mar and so on, this should make the end of the year interesting to say the least.

So I'm guessing i'll be out there in all weather, day & night half killing myself once more.

But then while out riding this morning I thought I know i'll play a mini version of this challenge/game.

Starting on Monday 30+ miles, Tues 40+ Wed 50+ see where this is going :shock:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • R_T_A
    R_T_A Posts: 488
    Agggh! I haven't updated for 2 months (work *sigh*), and no it says "invalid password"!

CiB - are you the gatekeeper? And if so, who is the keymaster?
    Giant Escape R1
    FCN 8
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    - Terry Pratchett.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    edited March 2011
    itboffin wrote:
    Whilst wisely choosing NOT to participate in the stats league this year I have set myself an equal dumb challenge, namely to do more miles each month in fact it actually to do 300+ in Jan 400+ in Feb 500+ Mar and so on, this should make the end of the year interesting to say the least.

So I'm guessing i'll be out there in all weather, day & night half killing myself once more.

But then while out riding this morning I thought I know i'll play a mini version of this challenge/game.

Whilst is an interesting variant

ImOut-main.jpg

EDIT: Isn't it easier just to play the normal stats - your variant means a minimum of 10,200 miles
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    77.1 miles yesterday - think that's the furthest I've ever been. It wasn't the distance that I found tough, it was the 4255ft total ascent that's the reason why my legs felt numb on this morning's commute. I'm on course for a reasonable monthly total though...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Whilst is an interesting variant

ImOut-main.jpg

EDIT: Isn't it easier just to play the normal stats - your variant means a minimum of 10,200 miles

and also an impossible mileage total aim for december

maybe make it a bell distribution upping 200 a month then backing down again after summer
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    It's not impossible at all very doable .... for a real man :lol:

yes yes i'm talking about me :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Grrr, I started putting miles on the SCS site, but my hip's still not right after being hit by a car a while ago. I don't want to aggravate it, but on the other hand I'm losing 31 miles a day just from commuting.

So, pain or failure? :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • CiB
    R_T_A wrote:
    Agggh! I haven't updated for 2 months (work *sigh*), and no it says "invalid password"!

Reset done - see your PM.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    bails87 wrote:
    Grrr, I started putting miles on the SCS site, but my hip's still not right after being hit by a car a while ago. I don't want to aggravate it, but on the other hand I'm losing 31 miles a day just from commuting.

So, pain or failure? :lol:

With a pinch of MTFU there should be no pain or failure :twisted:
    FCN 2 to 8
  • R_T_A
    R_T_A Posts: 488
    CiB wrote:
    R_T_A wrote:

I doff my cap.

I scream into 46th from 99th.

I got 15th place overall in 2009 :lol:
    Giant Escape R1
    FCN 8
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    - Terry Pratchett.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    R_T_A wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    R_T_A wrote:

I doff my cap.

Ya bastid! :evil:

:lol::lol:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Marcus_C
    Marcus_C Posts: 183
    R_T_A wrote:

I doff my cap.

Bugger, another one right on my tail....
    - Genesis Equilibrium Athena
    - Cannondale CAADX Force/105/Rival
  • CiB
    JonGinge wrote:
    R_T_A wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    R_T_A wrote:

I doff my cap.

Ya bastid! :evil:

:lol::lol:
    Concur. I wouldn't have reset his password if I'd thought it would drop me a place. Git.
    :wink:
  • itboffin
    Damn it's raining and I still need another 45 miles to hit this months target, interesting I not that this time last year I did 1100 miles in March, almost twice as many as this year :oops:

:D
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I need to get 45 in by the nend of the month for another target thet I set myself yesterday.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    Hmm that was crap, freezing cold torrential rain not the forecast drizzle and blowing a gale as the letter box on my front door proves, no there's no one at the door :evil:

I rode home into the wind and rain very grumpy not only did my waterproof jacket only last 6 miles but at the same time my overshoes started letting in water :evil:

Blah
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/76132450
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    Hmm that was crap, freezing cold torrential rain not the forecast drizzle and blowing a gale as the letter box on my front door proves, no there's no one at the door :evil:

I rode home into the wind and rain very grumpy not only did my waterproof jacket only last 6 miles but at the same time my overshoes started letting in water :evil:

Blah
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/76132450

Was it you who told me connect is rubbish and I should use something else? :?
  • itboffin
    It is and I did

I also however upload stats to many many sites, can't help myself :oops:
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    It is and I did

I also however upload stats to many many sites, can't help myself :oops:

Just not SC Stats :?
  • itboffin
    Yeh that sh*te will kill you :roll:
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    Yeh that sh*te will kill you :roll:

Only if you let it - come on in join the party - just for a little while - its not that addictive - you can always stop.

Out of interest, whilst your not playing, if you were playing where would you be......*

*Unsubtle attempt to try and hook him....