Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 358
    Is it just me or does everyone purposefully do more riding when logging it against others to try and get up the leader-board?

I set myself a target for the year of 2500 miles which doesnt seem alot at around 50miles a week but 10 weeks into the year the 500 miles I should have done to hit target is already at over 700 and the extra miles of the summer havent even started yet? :roll:
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    chunkytfg wrote:
    Is it just me or does everyone purposefully do more riding when logging it against others to try and get up the leader-board?
    Well yes, obviously. You might as well ask us what religion the pope is, or where bears go for a dump.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 358
    Fair enough as long as i'm perfectly normal then!
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    chunkytfg wrote:
    It's me that's the freak because I don't do more miles because I'm logging them against others.
  • suzyb wrote:
    chunkytfg wrote:
    It's me that's the freak because I don't do more miles because I'm logging them against others.

I'm equal in freakishness, Suzy. I just do the miles I'm going to do.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    chunkytfg wrote:

Don't know what you're talking about
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I am off the mark!

Despite spending all winter on the turbo, it seemed bloody hard this morning.

Not sure I'll be repeating my efforts of last year, I can't afford the spare parts this year.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Just completed my highest mileage week ever - 221.4. Not loads and loads, but it's a lot for me! Got a few niggles, left knee and right ankle ache the most, but generally feel fine. Today's 66.9 was pacey and tough going, almost finished me off...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Damn - thought a 100 miler would give me a some breathing space in the stats to take it easy next week. Anyone fancy calling a temporary truce?
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    JZed wrote:
    Damn - thought a 100 miler would give me a some breathing space in the stats to take it easy next week. Anyone fancy calling a temporary truce?

Good luck with that :)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • jzed
    StuAff wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Thought as much - just going to have to MTFU and increase my mileage.

EDIT: StuAff - think having to bail on the fnrttc - what time do you reckon they'll get to Southend? I need to get to Reading by 11.30 Saturday for a Segway thing the missus has organised.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JZed wrote:

:lol:

These Stats table folk are ruthless
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    cjcp wrote:
    JZed wrote:

:lol:

These Stats table folk are ruthless

CJ - plan for next week is 4 x 50 commutes plus back to back 100's on the weekend. Enjoy keeping up*

*This could of course all be made up....
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    It's been a while since I've posted. I just thought I'd point out that there's not too long before my 2000 mile month which should boost my Stats position! :D
    Still breathing.....
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I have some time on my hands and i'm pretty much already in the top 15, i'd quite like to see what a 2000 miles month does to the human body :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • hambones
    itboffin wrote:
    I have some time on my hands and i'm pretty much already in the top 15, i'd quite like to see what a 2000 miles month does to the human body :lol:

I have my own concerns on this score - I have already shed 17 lbs since New Year as part of my preparation for Lejog but not actually done a lot of miles!

For those who might recall my post re: Work Christmas parties and the receptionist - this situation has really complicated the planned trip as it turns out one of my fellow Lejog riders has been having it away with her since January and is rather smitten. If he discovers the truth things could go pear shaped . . . :D
    Still breathing.....
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    hambones wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

I have my own concerns on this score - I have already shed 17 lbs since New Year as part of my preparation for Lejog but not actually done a lot of miles!

For those who might recall my post re: Work Christmas parties and the receptionist - this situation has really complicated the planned trip as it turns out one of my fellow Lejog riders has been having it away with her since January and is rather smitten. If he discovers the truth things could go pear shaped . . . :D

How the fook did I miss that??? link please :lol:

I love receptionists - it's sort of like a hobby of mine :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • stuaff
    JZed wrote:
    StuAff wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Thought as much - just going to have to MTFU and increase my mileage.

EDIT: StuAff - think having to bail on the fnrttc - what time do you reckon they'll get to Southend? I need to get to Reading by 11.30 Saturday for a Segway thing the missus has organised.

We should be there about 7.30-8.00 (Simon usually has to hold everyone up on this run up so we don't get there too early, but the longer route for this one will avoid that problem). Having checked the timetables, Reading's doable by 1130. 8.50 from Southend Victoria, 50 odd mins to get to Paddington, 10.45 will get you in 11.09. And still time for brekkie :)
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • stuaff
    edited March 2011
    hambones wrote:

1640 miles not actually a lot? You serious? I have this coming week off work, so planning rather a lot of road work by way of prep for my own LeJOG (also eight days, setting off May 28 ). I'm reasonably certain I'm ready for it, but I'd like to know I'm ready for it.
  • cjcp
    itboffin wrote:
    hambones wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

How the fook did I miss that??? link please :lol:

I love receptionists - it's sort of like a hobby of mine :roll:

:lol: Yes! Link please!!!!
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    Mmmmm - everyone seems to be doing LEJOGs - these stats are serious - also means you guys will neutralise my LEJOG miles.
  • cjcp
    JZed wrote:
    Mmmmm - everyone seems to be doing LEJOGs - these stats are serious - also means you guys will neutralise my LEJOG miles.

You doing it, too???
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    cjcp wrote:
    JZed wrote:

You doing it, too???

Yeah I have to keep in front of you somehow....
  • cjcp
    JZed wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    JZed wrote:

You doing it, too???

Yeah I have to keep in front of you somehow....

:twisted:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Mean while back in the real world of mere mortals who aren't even considering a lejog! :)

Having finally got the tandem back on the road, we've just done our first tandem miles of the year so how do I stand with tandem miles? Am I allowed 100% or is 50% more fair? In my defence (and I can say this because Mrs Sausages isn't reading this!) I'm definitely putting at least 70% of the effort in so maybe it should be 70% :D

I need all the miles I can get I'm slowly sliding down the table!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    LEJOG?

Meh. Everyone is doing that. If you were taking the table seriously you'd do the points of the compass:

Lizard, Cornwall for most Southerly, Ness Point, Lowestoft for most Easterly, Ardnamurchan for most Westerly and Brough on the North coast of Scotland for the last.

Default Bikely = 1245 miles, 13,000 feet of ascent (not too bad over the distance!)

You know, if a jobs worth doing.......Just sayin'......... :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    JZed wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

you poor creature.. it's just starting to warm up... mileage goes up now
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Mean while back in the real world of mere mortals who aren't even considering a lejog! :)

Having finally got the tandem back on the road, we've just done our first tandem miles of the year so how do I stand with tandem miles? Am I allowed 100% or is 50% more fair? In my defence (and I can say this because Mrs Sausages isn't reading this!) I'm definitely putting at least 70% of the effort in so maybe it should be 70% :D

I need all the miles I can get I'm slowly sliding down the table!

miles on a bike count. if you ride it, mark it down
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Even I'm doing LEJOG :P I'll never be in contention for a top 10 finish this year though so I'll leave you high mileage nutters to fight it out at the top :wink: I'd be very happy with a top 20 finish though...
    Rolf F wrote:
    ...1245 miles, 13,000 feet of ascent (not too bad over the distance!)

13000 ft ascent over 1245 miles is very good. I done almost that last week over 221.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • hambones
    Rolf F wrote:

Default Bikely = 1245 miles, 13,000 feet of ascent (not too bad over the distance!)

:

That's an interesting stat - our Lejog is working out at 1080 miles (and that's before we've got lost) and 40,000ft of ascent according to Bikely
    Still breathing.....