Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• cambs
    cambs Posts: 235
    ?

e/w means each way for the avoidance of doubt.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Well done CP but .... he has a point you know, do you really want to reach your target by pushing your bike ....? :roll:

:lol:

I have no hope of getting there, i'm signed off work for 2 weeks at least, even sitting on my turbo makes me feel dizzy, plus the heavy extra snow we had yesterday.

I'm going no where fast!

Come on CJCP you're so close. do et!!!!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I think my year's now finished at 4728. Target was 5000. I can blame the snow, but lazy around christmas, so probably wouldn't have made it.

Same target next year, but all focused on the Marmotte.
    exercise.png
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Clever Pun wrote:
    facepalm2.jpg

More importantly - less than 10 miles (or maybe 11 :lol: ) to scalp Hambones and claim the last coveted slot in the top 10 :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • itboffin
    Rolf F wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    facepalm2.jpg

More importantly - less than 10 miles (or maybe 11 :lol: ) to scalp Hambones and claim the last coveted slot in the top 10 :wink:

Quite!

It's just lazy CP lazy :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    cambs wrote:
    ?

e/w means each way for the avoidance of doubt.

not you.. that was for RolfF...

my base commute is 13e/w but I've been extending it in the mornings to 16 and on the way home one of 13/16.7/20.3

I feel a bit guilty when I go the short way now... quite odd. Not so much when it's snowing now though

It's a lot easier to take the longer route repeatedly now, it was kicking my @ss for the first 2 months
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Clever Pun
    itboffin wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    facepalm2.jpg

Quite!

It's just lazy CP lazy :roll:

I'm very aware of that... I wasn't pushing that angle as I don't want him riding off again and delaying the inevitable *crosses fingers*
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • rolf_f
    Clever Pun wrote:
    I'm very aware of that... I wasn't pushing that angle as I don't want him riding off again and delaying the inevitable *crosses fingers*

You've broken him. He's there for the taking. Go destroy - lunchtime ride; off you go! :lol:
  • Clever Pun
    Rolf F wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

You've broken him. He's there for the taking. Go destroy - lunchtime ride; off you go! :lol:

I thought that last time.. I'll ill at the moment, so conserving my energy as much as I can

riding through to nye, more dribs and drabs now though
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    CiB wrote:
    2005	  38 rides	  303.73 mls
    2006	  69 rides	  449.93 mls
    2007	  57 rides	  720.43 mls
    2008	  79 rides	 1717.81 mls
    2009	 197 rides	 4438.24 mls
    2010	 156 rides	 3964.33 mls

Pffft - first time in 5 years that my year on year mileage hasn't increased; must try harder next year. I blame Mrs CiB for working 3 days a week now instead of 2 and putting the mockers on my commute options.

[this is my proper logging and doesn't include all the pootling about and school runs that I add to Stats in a desparate attempt to get the numbers up on there]

But at a quick glance, your mileage per ride is up.
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    @CP - good skilz. 8)

@ITB - yesterday, I saw one of these. Now, if I hired one of these for an afternoon, do the miles count? :wink:

frontview.jpg
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Does it have pedals?! I don't see pedals, so I'm going with no!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • cjcp
    Bugger. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Morning all : stranded on 12k and a bit.

SWMBO has been quite adamant over the last coupe of weeks that I am not allowed to ride into work on the ice and snow hence my pretty poor showing on the stats front. I guess she has a point. Last year I had 3 pretty painful falls on the ice all at fairly high speed and I whined like a beeeatch so I've done as I'm told.

It's been so frustrating though that I have finally succumbed to the temptations of the treadmill. I just couldn't face the horror of the turbo and to be honest there's been a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that my pelvis might just be stable enough now to start again : and indeed that's been the case thankfully.

I've done about 25 miles a week of treadmill running and it's been interesting to see how strong my basic engine is even though the undercarriage has taken a bit of time to get used to the weight bearing. Next is to get out on the roads when it's safe and see how the legs respond to "real world" pounding.

Saying all that I'm hoping our club ride across Salisbury plain through Imber goes ahead on Boxing Day as the military only open the village a couple of times a year and it should be great fun.

But I'm desperately missing the commute. I'm trying to think of a way to combine the two now. My physio always used to tell me I'm a natural duathlete (but maybe that's because I loathed swimming so much :D )

In case I'm not online over Christmas a quick note to everyone on the stats league. Have a fab Christmas and New Year and well done to everyone who's put the miles in : especially Airwave who has shown us all the way. Stay safe and upright where at all possible. See you all in 2011.
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • itboffin
    Hey RM glad to hear from you again. 12k is nothing to sniff at for sure esp as running is your main sport.

Imber should be interesting, I cycled through there a couple of weeks ago.
  • Clever Pun
    TommyEss wrote:

might allow uphill miles?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • rolf_f
    TommyEss wrote:

You could fit pedals - would that help? Not sure what the pedals would do though......!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Chapeau on reaching the 8k target, CP
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,158
    Now something like this would count.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    jimmypippa wrote:
    I'm on course for just over 4,000 miles on my new bike (since April - bike to work). Currently on 3952 on that, with three days left.

4024-miles on the new bike since April. Did I imagine that there were some additional guidelines for CTW if the bike has had heavy use?

I have been looking after my bike, but it has still taken a pounding.

Another 1300 miles on the old bike before that.

And I'm finished for the year.
  • itboffin
    Ah Christmas eve spent waiting in out patients for my first physio session, the shoulder is nothing compared to the man flu I appear to have picked up.

:(
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    itboffin wrote:
    Ah Christmas eve spent waiting in out patients for my first physio session, the shoulder is nothing compared to the man flu I appear to have picked up.

:(
    What a litany of excuses for not doing more miles. Kuh eh? Kuh. :)
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    A while ago I said that the SC Stats pages would disappear at the turn of the year, then Hat+Beard & MKirby made noises about taking it on; in response I said I'd leave Stats up until theirs was ready.

My home PC is now dead and to be frank I can't be ar$ed to fix it - the only reason it had Windoze was so that I could run Visual Studio & SQL Manager to look after the Stats thing. As I can't do any changes for now nothing will change and SC Stats will continue on into the new year and beyond, until I get back on the DB to make the raw data available to whoever does pick it up & run with it.

The hosting thing runs out in about February IIRC so as long as something is in place by then the legacy data will be ready to hand over. Probably.

I'm off in a little while :) Happy Christmas all.
  • itboffin
    Thanks CIB you've done this thread and our collective OCD proud.

FYI the physio says i'm good to get back on the bike :twisted: and there a 7 days of this year left :twisted:

It's on !!!!
  • itboffin
    A massive extra 1.61 miles even with stud tyres the bike slid everywhere.

Caught the rear wheel in the track gate, almost shunted myself off. Bloody stupid idea really, my lungs and throat are burning, no doubt the shoulder will fall off later.

:x
  • rolf_f
    A fiver says ITB doesn't make it to the new year :lol:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I really should have MTFU a bit more earlier in the year as there is now way I can get the 200 miles I need to average 10 miles per day this year, the situation hasn't been helped by the cold I'm suffering with.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Clever Pun
    Nearly finished this ridiculous thing... this morning was great, nice a rested and no traffic so I got to extend my ride in. lovely.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • cjcp
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Nearly finished this ridiculous thing...

Amen to that. Broke through 7,900 this morning. 92-odd miles to go.

Wanted to extend the commute this morning, but an exploding light bulb in the kitchen delayed my departure from the house. Twisted my ankle last week, too, so am loving the fact that I have to extend my commute this week....
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Am aiming for 4000 miles, but can't log in anymore - no idea what my password is and I must have changed it! Who is the keeper of the passwords?!