Chapeau to you and CP

CP this is partly why you are SCR of the year

Hambones I look forward to meeting you one day for you sir are a player

Let battle commence ....

it's like spock & Kirks battle of the hot tub

Kirk-and-Spock-Save-Some-Bathwater.jpg

:lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    ITB the fact you know of that picture is upsetting.. I post this knowing I'm in 10th right now*

*waits for reposte
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I'm just about spent. If I don't fall asleep at tonight's party, it'll be a miracle.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    cjcp wrote:
    I'm just about spent. If I don't fall asleep at tonight's party, it'll be a miracle.

ha yeah 10.30 I'll either fall over as the legs will have given up or be asleep.

I'm actually feeling a bit sick
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • cjcp
    hambones wrote:
    Alarm is set....

Permission has been granted....

(Legs are saying NOOOOOOO!!)

Bring it on baby....... :twisted:

Well, come on, whaddya do? whaddya do? Did you set the alarm for 3am or something nuts like that? :D
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • where are the stats? lots of talk about them but where do I find them?
    forgive my question if its a stupid one, though I do claim that no question is stupid if you don't know the answer :lol:
  • cjcp
    where are the stats? lots of talk about them but where do I find them?
    forgive my question if its a stupid one, though I do claim that no question is stupid if you don't know the answer :lol:

Here you go: :)

http://www.startfarm.co.uk/aspStats/
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    For those who are planning on doing stats next year the new db isn't ready yet as I was planning on doing it the past few days but a flu-ridden missus demanding my attention and the fact i had to come into the office today hasn't left me enough time.

keep your stats on a bit of paper for now. the new year of course begins with any rides after midnight tonight.

there's a shiny new domain name for the stats and for now you can pre-register your account so when the stats logging is up and running you can jump straight in to it.

http://sillycommuter.com/
    Hat + Beard
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Clever Pun wrote:
    ITB the fact you know of that picture is upsetting.. I post this knowing I'm in 10th right now*

*waits for reposte

Sorry old bean i've been busy CYCLING :twisted:

damned if i'm going down without a fight, 2 x 11.44 laps this morning, just did an hours slow turbo to check i can still breath / walk.

Now it's off to the post office to collect something :roll:

Then I have to join Mrs itboffin & co at the in-laws which is 25 miles away but I have a canny 40 mile "short cut" :roll: :?

That will leave me 2.6 miles to do as I feel fit or not 8)
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    hatbeard wrote:
    For those who are planning on doing stats next year the new db isn't ready yet as I was planning on doing it the past few days but a flu-ridden missus demanding my attention and the fact i had to come into the office today hasn't left me enough time.

keep your stats on a bit of paper for now. the new year of course begins with any rides after midnight tonight.

there's a shiny new domain name for the stats and for now you can pre-register your account so when the stats logging is up and running you can jump straight in to it.

Are you mental!? do this for a third year? I think NOT!
  • hatbeard
    itboffin wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:

it's quite funny that you just hit 8000 posts given your previous post :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • itboffin
    hatbeard wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:

it's quite funny that you just hit 8000 posts given your previous post :lol:

It's a sign

"follow the gourd"
  • cjcp
    itboffin wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

*waits for reposte

damned if i'm going down without a fight, 2 x 11.44 laps this morning, just did an hours slow turbo to check i can still breath / walk.

Then I have to join Mrs itboffin & co at the in-laws which is 25 miles away but I have a canny 40 mile "short cut" :roll: :?

B*ugger. You're a determined little sod, aren't you? :lol: I thought you were finished. You're going to pass me at this rate and I have to leave early - no extensions tonight; I'm under strict orders to get home to help get the house ready.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    why hasn't hambones posted yet... ? He better not still be cycling

no I'm not worried at all... honest
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • hatbeard
    edited December 2010
    Clever Pun wrote:
    why hasn't hambones posted yet... ? He better not still be cycling

no I'm not worried at all... honest

i think you're only posting this to try and remove yourself from suspicion when it turns out he's been pulled into a panel van and had a bag put over his head while waiting at a set of lights and kept in a remote location only to be released without harm at the stroke of midnight tonight. :lol:

edit: ok maybe a slight hobbling too to give a headstart on the year to come as well
    Hat + Beard
  • cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

*waits for reposte

B*ugger. You're a determined little sod, aren't you? :lol: I thought you were finished. You're going to pass me at this rate and I have to leave early - no extensions tonight; I'm under strict orders to get home to help get the house ready.

surely a phantom PF could delay you on the way home....? :wink:

maybe I'm just a wierd gf but I'd be encouraging you to beat the others :lol:
  • cjcp
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

*waits for reposte

Tempting. But it would have to be a visit from the PF and her extended family to buy me the time needed to stay ahead of Boffin.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    If only you could see me right now, stuffing my face with peanut buttered toast, drinking OJ and desperately trying to upload the route in my garmin for it's maiden voyage.

what time does it get dark?
  • itboffin wrote:
    If only you could see me right now, stuffing my face with peanut buttered toast, drinking OJ and desperately trying to upload the route in my garmin for it's maiden voyage.

what time does it get dark?

when the sun sets....oh, you wanted a specific time...?! about 4.11pm
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    cjcp wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

*waits for reposte

Tempting. But it would have to be a visit from the PF and her extended family to buy me the time needed to stay ahead of Boffin.

Could you let the air out 50 yards from home and pretend you didn't have a repair kit and had to walk it back? :twisted:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

*waits for reposte

Could you let the air out 50 yards from home and pretend you didn't have a repair kit and had to walk it back? :twisted:

maybe something a bit more catastrophic that happens close to work....then a lengthy wait at the LBS....
  • dhope
    dhope wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

maybe something a bit more catastrophic that happens close to work....then a lengthy wait at the LBS....

If it was catastrophic he might have to come back with a new bike to back it up... hang on a minute, you might be onto something.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

If it was catastrophic he might have to come back with a new bike to back it up... hang on a minute, you might be onto something.

now there's an idea....
  • cjcp
    Hmm. Any objections if I give the "catastrophic" option a miss and maybe just put some chain oil on my face and just lie instead? :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • dhope
    cjcp wrote:
    Hmm. Any objections if I give the "catastrophic" option a miss and maybe just put some chain oil on my face and just lie instead? :lol:

No objections if you pass ITB, otherwise you'll need the new bike as penance I'm afraid.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

No objections if you pass ITB, otherwise you'll need the new bike as penance I'm afraid.

no objections here
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    hatbeard wrote:

Nice one, I've registered- I hope, didn't get any confirmation.

I've ended up in 28th, 6256 miles. Should have been a bit higher, but only myself to blame for that. Chapeau guys and gals!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    A decent 31st place, with 5,858 Happy enough despite not getting the 6,000.
    Being out with injury all of January and away most of July did not help.

But managed to break 1,000 in August.

I may have to work in Edinburgh for a while, so bike would be out of the question, but still determined to beat this years total, and an ambitious 7,000 should be within reach.

Happy New Year to all when it comes, and a big thanks to CIB for doing the stats, it has been an inspiration!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Surely you could still cycle. I mean it's only 50 miles :wink: