Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    itboffin wrote:
    hmmm I'm 20 miles behind cjcp and 84 behind cp - tonights trip to the Morpeth and back will give me 45 or so :twisted:

No doubt they'll be some form of hangover tomorrow and we all know the best cure for a hangover is .....cycling :twisted:

Oddly enough I have nothing planned this weekend and a day off on Monday :twisted:

I hope you two have extended commutes planned mwmwhahahaha!!!! :twisted:

Good. You'll burn yourself out trying to bridge the gap this weekend. I'll then hit the turbos on Monday after a good rest and serve up an extra large plate of fresh dust for you to chew on. :twisted:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    you're assuming you'll cycle home tonight? pedalling while lying on your side doesn't count

Not much cycling for me this weekend, but then again I'm cycling right through till the 31st so do your best.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    Clever Pun wrote:
    you're assuming you'll cycle home tonight? pedalling while lying on your side doesn't count

Not much cycling for me this weekend, but then again I'm cycling right through till the 31st so do your best.

Damn! I didn't need to read THAT!!! :P
    Still breathing.....
  • cjcp
    hambones wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

Damn! I didn't need to read THAT!!! :P

:lol:

Better go for more night rides, young man.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    2 miles ahead AGAIN

:twisted:

Edit: make that 24 mwmwmwmhahahah!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    itboffin wrote:
    2 miles ahead AGAIN

Edit: make that 24 mwmwmwmhahahah!

Aaaaaaand you're BEHIND.

AGAIN.

Fair play, you're getting closer. How's the body holding up? Creaking much?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    I was thinking i've done 1000 in a month, 300 in a week now is it possible to do 207 miles in 3 days ?

What do you reckon hambones?

Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    I meant to ask this a while ago.

As confirmed Silly Commuter Stat'ers how have your machines fared? how many new chains, cassettes etc?

This has to be the first year i've not changed anything apart from 2 inner tubes and a rear mech due to a crash.

Oh I had one cassette (Miche) break but to fair it still had plenty of life in it just poor quality and several teeth fell off.

Last year I was buying inner tubes and tyres what seemed like daily, so that must mean I quids in this year :lol:

New bike
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    itboffin wrote:

As confirmed Silly Commuter Stat'ers how have your machines fared? how many new chains, cassettes etc?

Apart from numerous pairs of brake blocks on the rear thanks to a bad rim no other major components have worn out on my bikes. The SS suffered with above and droplets of lube here and there, the Allez was brought into action mid-season so apart from a new brake cable from a longer cable routing that is as I bought it.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • cjcp
    itboffin wrote:

Have used three bikes this year. Cassettes, chains and brake pads, so far, but I've just checked the the rim on my Open Pro rear. That will soon become a turbo wheel, I think.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Bike 1 (CX) : Summer / fair weather usage; 1 set tyres, 1 set pads, 1 chain

Bike 2 (hybrid) : main bike - 2 sets tyres, 2 chains + 1 cassette; current sets needs to be replaced now though, 1 BB, 1 chainring, 2 sets pads, 1 saddle, 2 sets wheels (although one has chunky winter tyres on it now in case of deep snow), 1 front mech, rear mech needs to be replaced, front mech cables; inner & outer (front brake cable cut through it)
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    So far i had 4new chains,1 cassette,2 pairs of brake blocks i'm on my 4th set of tyres.One change of handel bar tape,new pedals,a rear wheel on the winter bike.Must be around 3 gear cables at least.Some times i feel i'm running a fleet of Ferraris,it might be cheaper in the long run :lol:
  • itboffin
    Airwave wrote:
    So far i had 4new chains,1 cassette,2 pairs of brake blocks i'm on my 4th set of tyres.One change of handel bar tape,new pedals,a rear wheel on the winter bike.Must be around 3 gear cables at least.Some times i feel i'm running a fleet of Ferraris,it might be cheaper in the long run :lol:

I have no sympathy for you :lol:

:evil:
  • itboffin
    After a looooong day in the saddle I thought id treat myself to a bottle of cheap wine and an all over hair removal :shock:

50% of me is once again very very sans hair

Rich i'm blaming you!!!!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    itboffin wrote:

50% of me is once again very very sans hair

Rich i'm blaming you!!!!

Left side or right side? :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Well thats me done for the year. A combination of parties interviews and shopping trips has confined me public transport until the new year, damn you john!

On the subject of spares, 2 sets of brake pads 1 chain and 1 back tyre cables are my vice, probably 2 rears 3 fronts and front and rear brakes god knows what that's about.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • itboffin
    The stats the stats, damn those bleeding stats!

My cals show I only need 173 miles to hit my target BUT ...

3.5 x commutes left @ 45 miles a day = 157.5

Leaving me 15.5 miles short!!!!!

That's just not fair ;-(
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    *whispers*Lunchtime Boris biking
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Clever Pun
    itboffin wrote:

That's just not fair ;-(

lunchtime rides... got the trophy with you today? meet at borough market for lunch?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • itboffin
    sorry no my bag was fully today, sitting at my desk suffering for carrying it too :(
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,158
    edited December 2010
    itboffin wrote:

That's just not fair ;-(

Yeah, New Labour were obsessed with targets and look where that got them :twisted: .

As an alternative to lunchtime rides, could you jump off the train one stop early, or is one stop early an extra 50 miles?

EDIT: Sorry, that first bit sounds unnecessarily arsey. I was just meaning that 7984.5 miles isn't really any less impressive than 8000 miles (if 8000 miles was your target, that is). Mind you, scalping CJ is a whole different kettle of fish.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Clever Pun
    itboffin wrote:
    sorry no my bag was fully today, sitting at my desk suffering for carrying it too :(

bringing it tomorrow?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • itboffin
    Will do, I'll email you details ;-)

CJ scalp is well and truly mine now, would also be nice if I could beat him and CP to 8000 :twisted:

I can't help myself :roll:
  • itboffin
    seriously cjcp 2.1 miles, how can you live with yourself :lol:

Shouldn't you be in the Alps anyway ...?
  • cjcp
    Unfortunately for you, not yet. I'm toying with you, letting you think you've got it nailed. Then...

BAM!

Your shoulders and knees will all go at once.

And your scalp shall be mine.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    See my post over on the road forum, seems this old itboffin has finally cracked this cycle commuting lark, lucky for you I stayed on the train as long as I did, I came very close to getting off 1 stop early ie an extra 30 miles :twisted:

The thought of not being able to ride is making my miles more enjoyable than normal. I feel an epic journey coming, perhaps I'll ride all the way home on Thursday :twisted:

Tomorrow is a new day.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    How far do you commute if you cycle that far after getting the train.
  • itboffin
    suzyb wrote:
    How far do you commute if you cycle that far after getting the train.

45 miles a day

20 train 2.5 work then the same on the way home, my train only stops 2-3 times with the first 2 stops being pretty damn far apart.

95 miles door to door which takes about 3 hours each way, when the weather is good :?
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    :shock:
  • cambs
    cambs Posts: 235
    :lol:
    Have you had an off?