Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    suzyb wrote:
    Surely you could still cycle. I mean it's only 50 miles :wink:

150!!! No... I am happy to miss it, I don't mind..... honest!! What I don't want to do is chase it down relentlessly and get hurt (so much terrible road conditions) or just do it for the sake and not enjoy it. I love my cycling, and I will keep it that way. :D
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Right, that's me done. And passed 8,000 miles, too. Get in. I had a quiet moment to myself when I clocked that 8,000th mile.

@ITB - you'll need to do it a bit more than you might have planned. 'Ave some of that, matey. :twisted: :lol:

To CIB and the nutters who clocked over 9,000 miles:

chapeau.jpg

Beer time.

Happy New Year, folks.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    If the weather had been better and my cold had been less severe this month then the number of miles my legs had suffered would have been average for the league of gentlemen. I wanted to get the mileage upto an average of 10/day for everyday of the year but failed with the snow and cold I've had. It was possible a fortnight ago :(
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Well done CJCP ;-)

I'm done to at 8001 properly shattered now

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • MIW
    MIW Posts: 5
    Hurray all done for 2010 - started in April ((in about 100th)with no 'goals' but ended having to get to 6k - just managed - but no thanks to the snow.
    Well done all, thanks for ensuring I get the bike rather than the car - and special thanks to CIB.

Beer time
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    itboffin wrote:
    Well done CJCP ;-)

I'm done to at 8001 properly shattered now

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

Congrats fella, victory from the jaws of defeat.

Have a good new years people, I'm off to get rather drunk while sitting down
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    There.... I'm done!! Trust me - I am shattered. Very cold and tired by the end of today. In hindsight probably not my best idea of the year!! :D

It's been great battling with you these past few weeks CP - and if you have a few more miles up your sleeve still to post then good luck to you - you've been a great motivator!

Have a great New Year everyone.
    Still breathing.....
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    It's been fun watching the battle for 10th go down to the wire&may be another twist yet.

Thanks to TRM for giving me something to chase.I know you had some bad luck&i'm sure it would've been nip&tuck to the end but for that.

Happy New Year to all the other nutters on here&thanks to CIB-your baby has become a monster :lol:

Over&out...........!!!!
  • itboffin
    Well done Hambones sterling work.

You ALL know if I hadn't been injured I would have kick ALL your buts :roll:

I intend to no drink my own body weight in wine :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    'er indoors is now laid out on the sofa with duvet and her soaps on recuperating from the flu so I'm about to crack open a beer and write some stats code perched on the very end of the sofa with the laptop resting on the side table :lol:

and so long as I don't succumb to the lurgy I'll be out on my first official stats ride tomorrow morning before she wakes up. It's not even 2011 and already it's started :lol:

edit: spoke too soon, sausage sandwiches have been demanded so I'll be cooking those before I can get going :(
    Hat + Beard
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    hatbeard wrote:
    'er indoors is now laid out on the sofa with duvet and her soaps on recuperating from the flu so I'm about to crack open a beer and write some stats code perched on the very end of the sofa with the laptop resting on the side table :lol:

and so long as I don't succumb to the lurgy I'll be out on my first official stats ride tomorrow morning before she wakes up. It's not even 2011 and already it's started :lol:

edit: spoke too soon, sausage sandwiches have been demanded so I'll be cooking those before I can get going :(

Hats off to all of you for some donkety-boot riding activity this year.

I'm stunned at the way stats panned out into this finalé; good luck to H&B with new improved Stats. I'm in.

CiB

Chapeau tout le mond. :)
  • Clever Pun
    hambones wrote:
    There.... I'm done!! Trust me - I am shattered. Very cold and tired by the end of today. In hindsight probably not my best idea of the year!! :D

It's been great battling with you these past few weeks CP - and if you have a few more miles up your sleeve still to post then good luck to you - you've been a great motivator!

Have a great New Year everyone.

Cambridge and back chapeau sir and yes it's been tough I thought I'd pass you no problems but it reignited your mileage, glad I helped....kinda.

I had a 30 miler in reserve and once you posted your mileage I saw I was 1 sodding mile behind you. V was getting ready to go out so I quickly explained the situation (that wasn't easy) I legged it out on the brompton for a quick 3 laps of my house. We were late out cause of this, again hard to explain but when I said my total mileage people seemed impressed and a few "You're mad" etc. If you'd done the 100 I think I'd have let it lie but since it was only a mile.... Like ITB has siad if you'd been on form all year you'd be way up there, you going again this year?

I'm knackered and I'm bloody glad the madness has finally ended.

Well done everyone
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    CP goes the extra mile. What else can we expect from the reigning SCR champeen?

Congrats all round, chaps. I faded badly after the mid-season madness...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • cjcp
    *tips hat to Hambones* - a truly stupendous last-day effort, sir. I calculated roughly how many miles I'd missed out this year for a number of reasons and they still wouldn't have got me any higher than you and CP.

@SBezza - I thought I had you at one stage. I got up at 5.25 yesterday morning for a pre-brekkie loop of 22 miles, then did an extended commute into work, and an extended route back. Dagnabbit! :-) Good work.

A mate who's training for an Alpine ride this year sent me a very enthusiastic text last night asking if I fancied a training ride tomorrow. Not so much.

I suggested Monday instead.

Here we go again.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    Legs are killing me
  • itboffin
    2011 will be all about the turbo
    http://turbotraining.co.uk/

Why not join me for a new year spin? http://turbotraining.co.uk/indoor_cycli ... php?id=813

Guaranteed to sweat off that hangover
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Hatbeard, will you import the users etc from CiB's site to yours or will we ned to register again?
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Well my year ended with a bang, so much for 6500 miles. Nothing for this year yet, seems like I've been sick since November.

Ho hum, I think I've registered for the new site, not sure if it worked properly. Is the old one dead now?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    itboffin wrote:
    2011 will be all about the turbo
    http://turbotraining.co.uk/

Why not join me for a new year spin? http://turbotraining.co.uk/indoor_cycli ... php?id=813

Guaranteed to sweat off that hangover

I'm up for that

Waiting for mine to be delivered this week :D

If my career plans go as I'm hoping, I'll be spending much more time indoors than out anyway. Not sure which is better.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    jimmypippa wrote:
    Hatbeard, will you import the users etc from CiB's site to yours or will we ned to register again?
    you'll need to re-register but it's going to be a while before i get a chance to finish the upload bit it as I'm dying of advanced onset manflu at the moment.
    Hat + Beard
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    MUST resist joining again this year!!!
  • Clever Pun
    andy83 wrote:

Feels weird not putting my miles in, was nice just hooning it in for 13 miles though rather than thinking must hold some back
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • cjcp
    Clever Pun wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

Feels weird not putting my miles in, was nice just hooning it in for 13 miles though rather than thinking must hold some back

Go on, do it!

I'm recording, but not going to the silly lengths of last year.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

Go on, do it!

that's how it starts...
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Clever Pun wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

Go on, do it!

that's how it starts...

+1. I'm currently 5th....that can't last! :D
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • itboffin
    I'm doing the anti-stats this year. Shortest distance, longest time.

I think I have it in the bag ;-)
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    itboffin wrote:
    I'm doing the anti-stats this year. Shortest distance, longest time.

I think I have it in the bag ;-)
    Don't count on it :wink:
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    hatbeard wrote:
    jimmypippa wrote:
    you'll need to re-register but it's going to be a while before i get a chance to finish the upload bit it as I'm dying of advanced onset manflu at the moment.

Bung the link in your sig will you, I always forget it. Ta
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • salsajake
    salsajake Posts: 702
    Just bought a month's train pass, and no intention of trying to get near the 4000 miles of last year, but will still participate to log my miles. Is the new improved page going to have height gain on it too...?