Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Need to do ~650 miles in December to reach 6k. Don't think it's going to happen. I've been so lazy since July :(
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    and so the week of utter madness has started ......

:?

Zero miles logged this week so far - you'll have to do better than that! :lol:

Not so but I can promise you all this even if it snows i'm ready, stud tyres and mtb is prepped, CX with 2700 lumens of light at the ready, new windproof and waterproof clothing bought.

it's on ...............

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

£1 says you get to 5 miles and turn around :twisted:

Remember, cold isn't good for the knees...

Shouldn't you be on a beach somewhere sipping "non" alcoholic drinks?

Worried about your hard earned place in the league? nice of you to keep it warm for me, old man.

:twisted:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    JonGinge wrote:
    Need to do ~650 miles in December to reach 6k. Don't think it's going to happen. I've been so lazy since July :(

Pah why that's only 100+ laps of RP, simples for a man like you :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Gah. No chance of 300 miles in a week. I'll be lucky to do 300 before the end of the year as I'm off games for the forseeable while I recover from a hernia operation.... BOO.

You poor thing, I hope the cause wasn't cycling.
  • itboffin wrote:
    Gah. No chance of 300 miles in a week. I'll be lucky to do 300 before the end of the year as I'm off games for the forseeable while I recover from a hernia operation.... BOO.

You poor thing, I hope the cause wasn't cycling.

Not really sure what the cause was. Wikipedia says they are normally caused by obsesity, multiple pregnancies, lifting heavy things and coughing. The doc said it was more likely to be just one of those things. I like to blame my very tough pilates instructor.
  • Not really sure what the cause was. Wikipedia says they are normally caused by obesity,

Yep, can see that.
    multiple pregnancies,

Can see that one too.
    lifting heavy things

And this one. It's the tats on your forearms that give it away.
    and coughing.

Full house! I've told you to cut down on the fags.
    The doc said it was more likely to be just one of those things.

Not exactly House when it comes to diagnoses, is he? :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973

Feeble excuse (but get better soon) : was still clocking up the miles last week whilst suffering with kidney stones.
  • gbsahne wrote:

Feeble excuse (but get better soon) : was still clocking up the miles last week whilst suffering with kidney stones.

You are hardcore dude. BUT I have been specifically told to not do sport while the stitches / glue settle in or else I'll be back for more hospital fun. So I feel I should probably be obedient for the moment anyway.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I've lost my chance of hitting 6500 for the yearm a dose of tonsillitis has kept me at home for a week, and i'm signed off till friday, i'm sure gettin straight back on the bike would be a genius idea then either hmmm :-/
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • itboffin
    I feed off YOUR pain

Mwwwhahahaha
  • jonginge
    Yeah. Oh well, how sad, never mind. Only 50odd miles behind you.... :twisted:
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    You are hardcore dude. BUT I have been specifically told to not do sport while the stitches / glue settle in or else I'll be back for more hospital fun. So I feel I should probably be obedient for the moment anyway.

Hope you get better soon! You were ill with something else as well for a while weren't you? I recall we were level pegging for several months earlier this year til you went off sick and I went bonkers with the mileage :?

Hard run back tonight - did the full length commute but wasn't in the mood. The dark bit of the ride was fog and rain bound too. Luckily I got past that back into fairly clear weather but it was tedious. Only 190 miles to 1000 for the month though.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    gbsahne wrote:

That's dedication...you nutter :lol:
  • rolf_f
    Airwave wrote:

No, it's fear. He's only 34 miles ahead of Will3 :lol:
  • prawny
    JonGinge wrote:

Enjoy it while it lasts, I'll be back soon :P
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • jonginge
    prawny wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

:D I know. I'm under no illusions. Hope you get better soon
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • prawny
    JonGinge wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

:D I know. I'm under no illusions. Hope you get better soon

The wife's taking the youngest for a check up tomo, inlaws are looking after the other one might go round the block :wink:
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Rolf F wrote:

Hope you get better soon! You were ill with something else as well for a while weren't you? I recall we were level pegging for several months earlier this year til you went off sick and I went bonkers with the mileage :?

Hard run back tonight - did the full length commute but wasn't in the mood. The dark bit of the ride was fog and rain bound too. Luckily I got past that back into fairly clear weather but it was tedious. Only 190 miles to 1000 for the month though.

Yup, I remember that - lots of leapfrogging which I got quite competitive about. I haven't even dared look at rankings this week! And you're right, I had a trapped nerve in my shoulder back in June. There's probably a moral in this somewhere...sport is bad or something?

Good luck with the last 190!
  • gbsahne001
    Rolf F wrote:
    Airwave wrote:

No, it's fear. He's only 34 miles ahead of Will3 :lol:

We've been swapping places regularly but I'm fairly sure he'll end up in 3rd, as I'll be off the bike for 2 weeks at the end of December, well unless I can get hold of one and cycle in Istanbul.

The only downside to that plan is that the traffic there makes London look like a village.
  • gbsahne001
    Airwave wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:

I think the last bit is correct, so did the nurse when I checked into A & E, I was at that point inclined to agree with her though, the pain had caused the ride to A&E to be slightly hallucinogenic.

Upon leaving a few hours later (pumped full of drugs), the same nurse commented how are you getting home; to make her feel better said that, "My wife is picking me up." Then got on the bike for a gentle 8miles home.
  • Well, I may not be up for 300 miles a week. My commute sees 200 miles and that's it. Frankly I'm quite happy to see the end of the week.

Anyhow the big news is I have passed 6000 miles for the year this fine morning. Only commuting, no sneaky weekend rides included here... :roll: That's the target done a month early. May have to adjust it to 7K for next year.

Yay me! :!:
    Beep Beep Richie.

FCN +7 (Hanzo Fixed. Simple - for the commute)
    FCN +10 (Loud and proud PA)
  • rolf_f
    Harveytile wrote:
    Anyhow the big news is I have passed 6000 miles for the year this fine morning. Only commuting, no sneaky weekend rides included here... :roll:

Nothing 'sneaky' about weekend rides :wink:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Damnit I seem to have activated Hambones competitiveness again.. booo.

Just have a rest fella
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • rolf_f
    Clever Pun wrote:

Make the most of it - just tell him you are planning a LEJOG over the Christmas holidays :lol:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Rolf F wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

Make the most of it - just tell him you are planning a LEJOG over the Christmas holidays :lol:

I've got a couple of days off here and there the rest is all cycling... to the wire
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Clever Pun wrote:

Just have a rest fella

Just console yourself with the fact that Boffin's knees have gone BANG!, so I might just stay here on the beach to give the old knacker more time to catch up
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

Just have a rest fella

Just console yourself with the fact that Boffin's knees have gone BANG!, so I might just stay here on the beach to give the old knacker more time to catch up

Have you checked lately ??

:twisted:

I'm 75 miles behind you now fella, at my current rate your scalp will be mine mid commute Friday morning :lol:

If the snow stays away I might even push the boat out Thursday night :twisted:
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Harveytile wrote:
    Anyhow the big news is I have passed 6000 miles for the year this fine morning. Only commuting, no sneaky weekend rides included here... :roll: That's the target done a month early. May have to adjust it to 7K for next year.

Yay me! :!:

excellent riding Harvey, I'm almost at my target for the year but you have shown me up...
    FCN = 4
  • itboffin
    day 4 in the big boffin house and ...

moral is very low, esp as i'm still 36 miles short of todays target :cry:

it's getting dark and man-o-man is it cold :cry:
  • itboffin wrote:
    day 4 in the big boffin house and ...

moral is very low, esp as i'm still 36 miles short of todays target :cry:

it's getting dark and man-o-man is it cold :cry:

Such nonsense is reserved solely for long balmy summers days. Right now its get to work and get home again as direct as possible for me.

On orders of her indoors...