Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• It's distinctly possible itb. I've been out your way quite a bit over recent months. I love that climb up Hackpen and the drop down into Rockley.

I've also been out over to Burbage and Pewsey on my own and with the club a few times recently.

Must remember to bring my pasport in case I'm stopped by border control .....
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    It's distinctly possible itb. I've been out your way quite a bit over recent months. I love that climb up Hackpen and the drop down into Rockley.

I've also been out over to Burbage and Pewsey on my own and with the club a few times recently.

Must remember to bring my pasport in case I'm stopped by border control .....

Look out for speed traps with dodgy looking "fake" cops :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Ouch! Get well soon, TRM.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • itboffin
    I have a new mini SCR challenge for those that like that sort of thing, some of you already do this but I thought you might like little healthy extra competition.

How about next week we have a who can do 300 miles in a week competition? I came close a couple of times this year, a 290 and even a 295.

Who's in?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    All the best for a speedy recovery TRM.

I don't think that anyone could predict that 1/2 a ton of shit would be strewn across the road on a blind bend.

Take it easy mate.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    itboffin wrote:
    I have a new mini SCR challenge for those that like that sort of thing, some of you already do this but I thought you might like little healthy extra competition.

How about next week we have a who can do 300 miles in a week competition? I came close a couple of times this year, a 290 and even a 295.

Who's in?

I'm aiming to do 60 (5x12mi) this week and that's a push :(
    Hat + Beard
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    itboffin wrote:

Who's in?

pfft

been there, done it, wasn't that great.
  • will3
    Make it more intersting :
    300 miles 5 days monday to friday inclusive.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    will3 wrote:

5 days? Surely you only need one? :)
  • will3
    Aidy wrote:
    will3 wrote:

5 days? Surely you only need one? :)

indeed, but since this is commuting stats, it's taken as a given that you'll also be going to work on those days...................
  • itboffin
    will3 wrote:

mmmm I like your style :lol:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    300 in a week in this weather.. sounds awesome

I'm well ahead of schedule (well actually I've broken my target of 7000 easily) so frankly no... I might even take next friday off to hit the sauce for a gig
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I do 300 a week already....just by car :wink:
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    itboffin wrote:

Who's in?

For a working week, that's a real challenge. I did 501 at end of August/beginning of September, but I was off work.....
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    itboffin wrote:

Who's in?

Doable - I did 268 last week and a few 300s when the weather was better. Trouble is I keep having to go to Birmingham, which is bad enough anyway in general terms, but also means catching the 8:11 train from Leeds and getting home late - so a potential 50 mile round trip becomes, like tonight, a hopeless 27 miles. If I could get 5 50 milers in I'd only need another 50 at the weekend. But I can't see it happening.

In the mean time, less than 1000 miles to go before the big 10k. I'm trying to encourage myself by raising a few quid for water aid so if anyone likes the thought of me cycling through the wind and gale blown bleak extremities of Leeds, then please have a look at my just giving page wot I just set up! :D
    Clicky
    Faster than a tent.......
  • itboffin
    @SBezza am I annoying you yet ...? :wink: :roll:

I have a plan, so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel

I need 900 miles to hit my target for the year, I could go with 250 for the rest of this month then 750 next month, which will see me just meeting my target and cycling right up to Christmas day.

mmmm

or I could knock out another 1000 for this month and take it very easy next month, that would mean I need to do 44 miles a day for the next 11 days.

Doable just :?
  • itboffin
    Nice try SBezza but no dice i'm afraid.

@CP & CJCP i'm coming for you BOTH!!!!!

:twisted:
  • rolf_f
    Can't be accused of a lack of consistency - managed 268.1 miles last week. I was down to 267.6 this week :lol:
  • itboffin
    Rolf F wrote:
    Can't be accused of a lack of consistency - managed 268.1 miles last week. I was down to 267.6 this week :lol:

Still time to pop out for a spin around the block, you wouldn't want last week to beat this week would you ..? nice clear night and all that :wink:

:lol:

Dooooo et!
  • rolf_f
    itboffin wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Still time to pop out for a spin around the block, you wouldn't want last week to beat this week would you ..? nice clear night and all that :wink:

:lol:

Dooooo et!

Bugger......
  • itboffin
    and so the week of utter madness has started ......

:?
  • rolf_f
    itboffin wrote:

Zero miles logged this week so far - you'll have to do better than that! :lol:
  • itboffin
    Rolf F wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Not so but I can promise you all this even if it snows i'm ready, stud tyres and mtb is prepped, CX with 2700 lumens of light at the ready, new windproof and waterproof clothing bought.

it's on ...............

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    itboffin wrote:
    Nice try SBezza but no dice i'm afraid.

@CP & CJCP i'm coming for you BOTH!!!!!

:twisted:

yeah good luck with that old man

Seems Hambones noticed my gradual creep and kicked on at the weekend... bugger
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • rolf_f
    itboffin wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Not so but I can promise you all this even if it snows i'm ready, stud tyres and mtb is prepped, CX with 2700 lumens of light at the ready, new windproof and waterproof clothing bought.

it's on ...............

I think you should be keeping SCStats up to date this week then. Bit boring if not :D

I'll probably make a good start this week but a trip to Brum on Thursday will damage the totals. And the full extended commute is a bit hairy in really bad weather. Hopefully I will have one studded tyre arrive this week but of course that will need conditioning before it goes out in the cold. And how long the second tyre will take to arrive is anyones guess.
    Clever Pun wrote:

Caught you napping good and proper :twisted:
  • itboffin
    Oops trip to the shop at lunch time :wink:
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    Clever Pun wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

:wink:

Still trying to muster support for weekend rides - buddies thin on the ground round these parts. This has left me about 1000 miles behind where I was expecting to be by now. :(

Saturday's ride was interesting - I punctured 15 miles from home but had forgotten my pump(!!!) so was on the rim the whole way. The noise and rubbing were horrendous and to make it worse I was scalped twice....grr!
    Still breathing.....
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    itboffin wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

it's on ...............

£1 says you get to 5 miles and turn around :twisted:

Remember, cold isn't good for the knees...
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Gah. No chance of 300 miles in a week. I'll be lucky to do 300 before the end of the year as I'm off games for the forseeable while I recover from a hernia operation.... BOO.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Gah. No chance of 300 miles in a week. I'll be lucky to do 300 before the end of the year as I'm off games for the forseeable while I recover from a hernia operation.... BOO.
    Booooo! Take it easy LL, get better soon.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides