Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    don't forget to say you worked late, leave on time and sneak a few miles in... careful with this one though.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Clever Pun wrote:
    don't forget to say you worked late, leave on time and sneak a few miles in... careful with this one though.

Better is to leave early and tell her you're getting to work early. Fewer questions get asked about that for some reason.
  • Clever Pun
    will3 wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

Better is to leave early and tell her you're getting to work early. Fewer questions get asked about that for some reason.

that involves getting up early... which as it happens I did this morning; squeezed another 5 out of the commute.

I've got to pop to condor for some bits, going tonight makes the most sense, but going the long way on Saturday makes the most miles
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • will3
    will3 wrote:
    All this too much for you lot then?

This year's targets were as follows:

Standard route commute in 1 hour (either direction) : Completeted on 24th August (58 minutes 36 seconds)
    100 miles on a full working day: Completed 24th (102.7) and 28th (101.9) of June
    1000 miles in a month: Completed March (1246.9) April (1129.6) May (1006.4) June (1509.6) August (1045.6) September (1023.5) and looking good for October also.
    10000 miles in 10 months : completed 28/10/10

!

And there it is. 10000 miles in 10 months hurrah,
    Some bonus stats for you:
    Completed on the 301st day of the year, 212 days ridden on, 89 days with no riding at all giving an average milage per day ridden of 47 miles.
    7.6% of the miles were done at the weekend, the rest mostly commutes of one variety or other.
    For anyone still reading, there are 46 weekdays left in the year including today and Christmas etc.

Well it is a thread about stats. :oops:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    will3 wrote:
    will3 wrote:

Standard route commute in 1 hour (either direction) : Completeted on 24th August (58 minutes 36 seconds)
    100 miles on a full working day: Completed 24th (102.7) and 28th (101.9) of June
    1000 miles in a month: Completed March (1246.9) April (1129.6) May (1006.4) June (1509.6) August (1045.6) September (1023.5) and looking good for October also.

!

Completed on the 301st day of the year, 212 days ridden on, 89 days with no riding at all giving an average milage per day ridden of 47 miles.
    7.6% of the miles were done at the weekend, the rest mostly commutes of one variety or other.
    For anyone still reading, there are 46 weekdays left in the year including today and Christmas etc.

That's top bombing.

I've left myself with a lot to do to get 8,000 miles. I've been knocking out five more miles in the morning recently, but it's still touch and go. I may have to do a Clever Pun and take a 30-mile round trip to pick up an inner tube on weekends.

Actually, I do need a new inner tube: in my attempt to squeeze out another mile this morning, I p**ctured on the cobbles near work. Plums.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    edited October 2010
    will3 wrote:
    will3 wrote:

!

Doffs cap to your OCD level of stats & cycling :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clever Pun
    I didn't extend the commute this morning.. a skin full last night, running late etc

and I'm fine with it as I'm ahead of schedule for 8000 which is nice

Oh yes it seems easier to justify a couple of hours on the bike at the weekend if you're going to do something specific rather than going round in a circle
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • will3
    itboffin wrote:
    Doffs cap to you OCD levels of stats & cycling :lol:

Put it down to my "target for tonight" spreadsheet.
    I feed the numbers in one end and it tells me how I'm doing vs targets, plots graphs of daily, 7 day average and yearly milage, and tells me how many miles I have to ride on the way home to meet the daily milage needed to hit the target.
    Bad isn't it?

For example, I can tell you that the most milage I've done in 7 consecutive days this year was 412.6 (23rd June to 29th June inclusive) and that since the 10th January, there haven;t been 7 consecutive days without riding.
    :roll:

Having said all that I'm now putting all the extra milage to one side to concentrate on other non cycling related stuff, so Rolf, you put the hammer down and you might catch me! :wink:
  • Well done on cracking the 10,000 barrier Will : shows a real sense of application which is a welcome and refreshing alternative to some of the other lightweights here ....

:roll: :roll: :roll:
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • itboffin
    will3 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Doffs cap to you OCD levels of stats & cycling :lol:

Put it down to my "target for tonight" spreadsheet.
    I feed the numbers in one end and it tells me how I'm doing vs targets, plots graphs of daily, 7 day average and yearly milage, and tells me how many miles I have to ride on the way home to meet the daily milage needed to hit the target.
    Bad isn't it?

For example, I can tell you that the most milage I've done in 7 consecutive days this year was 412.6 (23rd June to 29th June inclusive) and that since the 10th January, there haven;t been 7 consecutive days without riding.
    :roll:

Having said all that I'm now putting all the extra milage to one side to concentrate on other non cycling related stuff, so Rolf, you put the hammer down and you might catch me! :wink:

Wow you have issues :lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clever Pun
    a fu<king graph :lol: holy shit
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • cjcp
    Clever Pun wrote:
    a fu<king graph :lol: holy shit

+1000! :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    Bet he doesn't drink either :roll:
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    not as bad as me. I made a small device that listens to my garmin cadence sensor telling me how far i have gone. But the best bit is i have a program which parses the stats table and dumps it to the device. I now have mobile stats as i cycle along. It gives me a count down to the next scalp.

Im so sad :oops:
  • will3
    itboffin wrote:
    Bet he doesn't drink either :roll:

Relatively speaking I probably don't.

Relatively, that is.

Thing is it's no good having a target and having no idea how you're going to get there or how you're doing as you go along is it?
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    will3 wrote:

Gotta get past me first :wink: and I've just got a new MTB; so the weekends are planned for the next month or two. Might even get to 10k this weekend but that's probably going to be pushing it, 1000 for the month might be achievable though.
  • will3
    gbsahne wrote:
    will3 wrote:

Gotta get past me first :.

That's one way of looking at it, though I strongly suspect that he won't need to get past you to get past me, IYSWIM :lol:
  • Clever Pun
    I'm not sure if people are dropping off the pace or not updating that much but I'm getting within a sniff of the top ten again

I'm sure expatscot will come in with a bit hit shortly
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • cjcp
    Sooooo, I went a bit will3 this evening and counted the number of working days I have left this year taking into account work trips and holidays. 30 days.

At 30 miles a day, that's 900 miles, which leaves me some way short of 8,000 miles.

Excluding weekends, I have to average over 40 miles a day.

Hmmm.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    Sooooo, I went a bit will3 this evening and counted the number of working days I have left this year taking into account work trips and holidays. 30 days.

At 30 miles a day, that's 900 miles, which leaves me some way short of 8,000 miles.

Hmmm.

Sounds to me like you need a couple of big weekend rides, would be a shame now to miss the 8k mark.

I need to do 2 x 700+ mile months, simples :wink:
  • cjcp
    itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Hmmm.

Sounds to me like you need a couple of big weekend rides, would be a shame now to miss the 8k mark.

Correct. When I have no idea. This will involve early starts in addition to a good few laps around Regent's Park during the week.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Hmmm.

Correct. When I have no idea. This will involve early starts in addition to a good few laps around Regent's Park during the week.

I have every faith in you champ.
  • cjcp
    itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Hmmm.

I have blind faith in you champ.

FTFY. :wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    Oh dear I appear to have lost my mojo

Prep for a 43mile ride this morning, headed out straight into roads covered with farm something or other (no mud guards) wet leaves and a healthy sprinkling of sharp stones washed of the fields. Wind picked up, headwind natch!

Given the road conditions I altered my route to avoid some of the dead certain PF zones, then a couple of miles in the phone rings, had to stop and struggle through all the layers only to miss the call, called the Mrs back "oh sorry i called you by mistake" :twisted:

That pretty much killed any remaining enthusiasm, headed for home having covered less than 10 miles at that point, 1/4 from home psssst! - meh! I just headed offroad and leant over the bars, simples!

knobbly tyres have been retired, the hardshell are now on the CX.

Might try some anti-puncture tape or even tubeless :shock:
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    itboffin wrote:
    Oh dear I appear to have lost my mojo

Prep for a 43mile ride this morning, headed out straight into roads covered with farm something or other (no mud guards) wet leaves and a healthy sprinkling of sharp stones washed of the fields. Wind picked up, headwind natch!

Given the road conditions I altered my route to avoid some of the dead certain PF zones, then a couple of miles in the phone rings, had to stop and struggle through all the layers only to miss the call, called the Mrs back "oh sorry i called you by mistake" :twisted:

That pretty much killed any remaining enthusiasm, headed for home having covered less than 10 miles at that point, 1/4 from home psssst! - meh! I just headed offroad and leant over the bars, simples!

knobbly tyres have been retired, the hardshell are now on the CX.

Might try some anti-puncture tape or even tubeless :shock:

That was a bugger. Did 34 miles this afternoon, in similar conditions- fortunately for me, nothing other than the Squadra needing a good clean. I might want to put those Crud Roadracers on though......!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • will3
    cjcp wrote:

Hmmm.

See?
    If you'd been working that out all along, you'd have been able to put in the miles when it was warm and sunny. Now you're stuck having to do it in the fog/rain/ice/dark. :cry:
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    and there's the 10k
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    will3 wrote:

Lawks! Don't encourage me! :shock:

As it happens, despite my poor month in total, I haven't slowed down yet. My 706 miles was done in 17 days what with about 10 lost to a trip to Barcelona and this weekend just gone off in Wales. That makes my average 42 miles a day which, for about 26 cycling days in a normal month, is equivalent to a rate of 1079 miles in the month. 1000 is my total target for November so I'll just have to see how I get on with keeping to my long homeward commute in the dark.

No idea what the target for December is yet......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • itboffin
    Oh it Sooooooo on!

Bring it!!!!

Mwwwhahahahaha :twisted:
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    mkirby wrote:
    not as bad as me. I made a small device that listens to my garmin cadence sensor telling me how far i have gone. But the best bit is i have a program which parses the stats table and dumps it to the device. I now have mobile stats as i cycle along. It gives me a count down to the next scalp.

Im so sad :oops:
    Missed this being away etc, but yo; how good is that, even as an idea? <doffs cap>.