Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    CiB wrote:
    It might be a bit easier soon - I'm lining up another purge to trim out those who signed up since [probably] March, but who haven't added any miles since [probably] June. They're just noise and don't add anything to the Stats board other than making the headline total miles figure slightly higher.

Anyone who reckons they might be caught in this purge and doesn't fancy being terminated, add a token half mile asap or you'll be out.

Too late. 16 more shirkers who signed up full of enthusiasm since March 1st have been terminated for not troubling it since the end of June. Ha. I could get brutal with it... :twisted:
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    CiB wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    It might be a bit easier soon - I'm lining up another purge to trim out those who signed up since [probably] March, but who haven't added any miles since [probably] June. They're just noise and don't add anything to the Stats board other than making the headline total miles figure slightly higher.

Anyone who reckons they might be caught in this purge and doesn't fancy being terminated, add a token half mile asap or you'll be out.

Too late. 16 more shirkers who signed up full of enthusiasm since March 1st have been terminated for not troubling it since the end of June. Ha. I could get brutal with it... :twisted:
    Devil takes the hindmost?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    CiB wrote:

Surprised you didn't take the opportunity to round down everyone who's done, say, over 3360 miles on the basis that obviously they are fibbing :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Clucking bells that's a right jump for me and merriman to get into the 90's...

Bastards... its like you want me to get on my bike for more than just the commute or something!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    a certain thoughtless lass hasn't updated since February, nor has someone who wonders why he is here, updated since March
  • rolf_f
    And speaking of the above poster - I am well and truly stuck now. The gap from me to Mr gbsahne is 1381 miles - that's almost 3 times the next biggest gap :shock:

There isn't even anyone currently between 7 and 8000 miles.......

(So please stop and wait a bit.........)
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    CiB wrote:
    Did the Dunwich Dynamo yesterday / today; ~120 miles, prob a bit less in reality. What with the 8 mile amble across town to the start in Hackney, and a trip to Southwold after the event whilst waiting to be collected that's added 153 miles onto my Stats. Whoosh 54th --> 49th. And the kids are off school now so I can have a bit of the 5 days per week back again for a week or three. Wacth out...

:!:

I have to admit now that I got so pi55ed off at missing the DD this year due to a combination of violent motorist action and toothache - also probably induced by violent motorist action - that I stopped regularly cycling for a month and nearly packed it in for good.

Back up to 4 days a week now - but no longer feel able to contribute to this little competition. :(

There's always next year...
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Rolf F wrote:
    And speaking of the above poster - I am well and truly stuck now. The gap from me to Mr gbsahne is 1381 miles - that's almost 3 times the next biggest gap :shock:

There isn't even anyone currently between 7 and 8000 miles.......

(So please stop and wait a bit.........)

Sorry work stops for no man, although I feel the same frustration above me, now that the family's back my mileage is likely to be restricted to commuting, so I can see the 3 above extending beyond where I can catch them.
  • CiB
    Wondered where you'd got to Porgy. The DD was fantastic, just a bit of a logistical PITA to get to London and then home to here from Dunwich. Next year...? Probably.

I'm with gbsahne here - kids are back at school, wife now working 3 days a week so that's 3 days instead of 2 that I have to do the school run and therefore don't have time to cyclie in. 2 days a week (80 mls) isn't going to get me far up the leaderboard. Hey ho. Maybe RolfF's suggestion a few posts up is the answer. :idea:
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    But Chris, you must realise that with great power comes great responsibility...

;-)
  • rolf_f
    jimmypippa wrote:
    But Chris, you must realise that with great power comes great responsibility...

;-)

What's the point of power if you don't abuse it? :D
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I've just moved up 24 places with Seattle to San Francisco trip !!
    exercise.png
  • CiB
    You utter git. I've been steadily clawing my way back up and you've undone that effort, pushing me back a place. :wink:

Good effort, 1094 miles.

I see the updates are thinning out now that summer's over. It means that those with empty September & October columns are up for grabs for those if us keen to keep going over the harsher weather. FixedWeasel & malstonbury are next in my sights. Brace yerselves lads.
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    pick new road bike up tomorrow,

5 days off work and 3 cycling :)

hopefully miles be coming back now i have another option other than my fixed
  • CiB wrote:
    You utter git. I've been steadily clawing my way back up and you've undone that effort, pushing me back a place. :wink:

Good effort, 1094 miles.

I see the updates are thinning out now that summer's over. It means that those with empty September & October columns are up for grabs for those if us keen to keep going over the harsher weather. FixedWeasel & malstonbury are next in my sights. Brace yerselves lads.

yup I've been moving up of late, since I don't mind weather. and have been doing a few MTB rides as well.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Oh dear i've sent myself quite a challenge, more later :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    CiB wrote:
    Wondered where you'd got to Porgy. The DD was fantastic, just a bit of a logistical PITA to get to London and then home to here from Dunwich. Next year...? Probably.

Me and three friends did the DD route a couple of weeks back, set off at midnight- a few more were going to do it but bailed on account of the weather forecast. Might well be a re-run sometime...
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    First sportive last sunday and first ever 100 miler, unfortunately 2 weeks holiday wiped that gain out completely, down and out of the top 30, rats.

Still nearly at 5000 miles now, can I make 6500 by the end of the year? Hmmm.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Think I'll be up for this when next year's starts - assuming you're going to be doing this next year.
    Hello! I've been here over a month now.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    prawny wrote:
    First sportive last sunday and first ever 100 miler, unfortunately 2 weeks holiday wiped that gain out completely, down and out of the top 30, rats.

miles in december will be hard to find... go for it... I'm on 6500ish and I'm perilously close to getting 8k I think.. will keep on keeping on just in case
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • CiB
    Think I'll be up for this when next year's starts - assuming you're going to be doing this next year.
    Oh we'll keep doing it, even if it's just me and my dog.

Worth noting that new user sign-ons are blocked from the end of October so that the keener members who've been riding themselves into oblivion all year aren't suddenly demoted by some Johny-come-lately stealing their thunder. Advice here is either to sign up before November, or wait until January.

:)
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    prawny wrote:

You can do that....you're only 140 miles behind me at the moment, and your monthly totals have been higher than mine most of the year. I reckon 6500 is probably beyond reach for me, would have definitely been on course for that if I hadn't had a couple of weeks enforced time off the bike. I've only got six weeks before work takes up all the non-commute riding time though. 6k definitely within reach nonetheless.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • andy83
    As can be seen my miles have dramatically dropped,

Im still riding but just a lot of fixed and also training in the gym a lot.

Also due to personal circumstances mileage reduced and I wont be signing up next year :(
  • itboffin
    andy83 wrote:

Also due to personal circumstances mileage reduced and I wont be signing up next year :(

there's a next year ...? oh dear god Nooooooooo :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • andy83
    itboffin wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

there's a next year ...? oh dear god Nooooooooo :roll:

lol

realistically I would love to challenge again but I cant. As you can see up til august I was flying, miles dramatically dropped since though

Although think I may look into racing properly so dont want to get sidetracked with the stats table lol
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    1000 miles for the year :D
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    andy83 wrote:
    Although think I may look into racing properly so dont want to get sidetracked with the stats table lol

Take it from me dude, training for racing and the stats table don't mix dude. If you've a competitive bone in your body the stats table is just too much temptation to keep knocking out the low intensity miles. And there'll always be a little devil known as ITB sat on your shoulder egging you on :roll:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • andy83
    Rich158 wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

Take it from me dude, training for racing and the stats table don't mix dude. If you've a competitive bone in your body the stats table is just too much temptation to keep knocking out the low intensity miles. And there'll always be a little devil known as ITB sat on your shoulder egging you on :roll:

To be honest that is my problem, I have a very addictive personality and am competitve in certain things. That is why im definitely staying away from it. I know you pulled out this year didnt you (of the stats table not riding lol)

How long have you been racing for? Any tips? Im prob aiming more towards the TT and track racing due to my build, not really a slim build but not fat either if that makes any sense at all.

Im not part of a clun at the minute, so would this be my first port of call to join up with a club.

to be honest I want to race to stop me having to do so many miles, ie want quality not quantity. some of my mileage was stupid and at times I wanted to rest but thought of the stupid stats table lol
  • itboffin
    Rich158 wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

As soon as the ground frost clears i'm out there baby!!!! got hit that week PB miles target :?
    My body does feel pretty beaten up at the moment, still one more ride and CJCP will be dropped :twisted: mwwwhahahahaha

Not that i'm counting or anything.
  • andy83
    itboffin wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

As soon as the ground frost clears i'm out there baby!!!! got hit that week PB miles target :?
    My body does feel pretty beaten up at the moment, still one more ride and CJCP will be dropped :twisted: mwwwhahahahaha

Not that i'm counting or anything.

I found myself riding for hours when I didnt want to sometimes just because of miles for the table. I was fighting with people I never met to get above them lol

As long as i finish top ten I can retire gracefully this year :)