Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    ...and a lovely ride back as well; took it easy and just let the miles drift by; going to be close to the 2000 but don't think there are enough days left in the month or in my legs for that matter.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    mkirby wrote:
    OK i want to join the loony brigade. So i have the 1st 3 weeks off in August 1500 is for sissies im going for 2000. Should hit 1000 next month then its the big one.

Taking holiday to do it is for sissies. :wink:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    looks like I'll hit around 700 this month and that includes a weeks holiday... hmm seems my other months have been found wanting
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jochta
    jochta Posts: 3
    Broke 1500 miles yesterday with almost exactly half the year gone. So hopefully will make 3000 for the year.

Pretty pleased with that considering I did 3200 in 2009 which included a 1080 mile End-to-End.
  • @ Will :

Come on man : it's too close to miss now!!

:)
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • will3
    @ Will :

Come on man : it's too close to miss now!!

Cheers TRM - I need the encouragement frankly, I;m knackered.

However, a second ton haul inside 7 days (see knackered above) makes it pretty straightforward from here, barring disasters!
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    will3 wrote:

Taking holiday to do it is for sissies. :wink:

Yeah i know but i havent had any all year so i put my foot down.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Woot! Made my 6 month target; 4000 miles. Mind you, a couple of months back the target was only 3000 miles :lol:
    lastant wrote:
    Quite like the idea of the west coast of the Americas now, or perhaps around Canada.

Lots and lots of miles of very pretty but extremely slowly changing scenery. eg Ice Fields Parkway from Jasper to Banff is a stunning drive but I wouldn't want to cycle it!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    .....and that'll be 250 miles for the month

not much but it'll do for a (re)start

400 next month
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Another month I am over 800!! And that was with a long weekend in Ireland drinking Guinness and no bike. On track for average of 500 a month for the year (No cycling in Jan due to injury) Need to up miles in August/September as will have precious few in next two weeks, as away on holiday without bike.

Loving my touring, though my MTBing is suffering as a result. 80-90 miles with panniers is a lovely day in the saddle.

Contenplating getting rack for MTB and doing some rough track touring.... :D
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I'm finding the longer distances I would be travelling road biking is suffering due to my MTBing.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    suzyb wrote:
    I'm finding the longer distances I would be travelling road biking is suffering due to my MTBing.
    Pffft. Dump the MTB and do more miles then. Sorted.

• rolf_f
    A good end to the month all things considered!

Only managed two weekends of any cycling at all and one week of no extended commutes - so down a good 250 miles minimum. Made 808 miles for the month and 4030 for the year. Should be an easy 1000+ for July.....

Finished on a really high note with probable fastest ever out and back times - the 19 miles in 1:01:36 seconds; exactly 9 minutes quicker than yesterday! That's what comes of the mythical beast called the Tailwind Home (or, more to the point, absence of UFH - usual headwind).
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    suzyb wrote:

You just stick to the MTBing then

Hehe
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    1/2 Time report... I was aiming for 7000 this year looks like I could hit 8000... yey
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    suzyb wrote:

You just stick to the MTBing then

Hehe
    Wouldn't worry. There's no way I'll catch you if your going to be doing those kind of miles more than once a week.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Clever Pun wrote:
    1/2 Time report... I was aiming for 7000 this year looks like I could hit 8000... yey

I was thinking of 5000....think I'll have to aim at 6000 now (7 another matter), I'll pass 3k this week!

Thinking of aiming for 1k in September...If I do a couple of longish rides before L2P that could be a 500 mile week (though a little nuts, then doing 280 miles in four days isn't tapering!).
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Well done Will : top work ...

Now you can relax for the rest of the year :)
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • 5milestogo
    5milestogo Posts: 224
    After spending ample amounts of dough on chainrings, chains, cassettes, BB's & a full rebuild, this week got my goat and I've pulled 126m out of the bag - hopefully its north on the miles from here and (new baby and holiday (or is it paternity) aside) hope to reach the 3000 mile clock by the time the light goes in October and get back to a respectable position on the board! Keep looking behind!
    Rose Pro DX Cross 3000
    GT Edge Ti
    Ribble Audax
  • will3
    Well done Will : top work ...

Cheers. relax? wassat then?

Although I will deffinitely be freeing up some time to follow some other interests 8)

rounded off the 1500 with a pb time on both outbound and out and return commutes. No idea where the energy for that came from, blame the homegrown spuds :lol:
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    will3 wrote:
    Well done Will : top work ...

Cheers. relax? wassat then?

Although I will deffinitely be freeing up some time to follow some other interests 8)

rounded off the 1500 with a pb time on both outbound and out and return commutes. No idea where the energy for that came from, blame the homegrown spuds :lol:

Good stuff Will3,you deserve a rest now :lol:
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Just had a look at the stats for the first time in ages, good god where did all that mileage come from :shock: I'd be out of the top 5 by now with a paltry 5100 or so :cry:

Top work guys, I'll look forward to watching you all kill yourselves over the summer trying to get that top spot :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • holybinch
    holybinch Posts: 417
    2 months!
    2 months to get my knee back in shape (litterally) only to find out it wasn't my commuting bike causing most of the damage (but still a little) but my...working shoes.
    Let me explain...

The shoes I wear to work put pressure on a small point on the top of my foot.
    Not painful, just annoying.
    In order to avoid the annoyance, it seems I unconsciously changed the way I walked, slightly turning my knee.

Since the said knee was sprained ages ago, it didn't take too well to be twisted for repeated length of time. Hence swelling, grinding, and general pain that ended when... I went on holidays!

2 months, not visiting this lovely place because I was so annoyed I couldn't cycle I didn't even want to hear annything about it (well, apart from the Giro and classics of course)

Anyway, I'm nearly sorted now, going for my first ride this weekend, and I'm happy to be back!

Oh, and I'm waiting for the delivery of my Croix de Fer, so I can start commuting again :)
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    I think this month will be a rest month; maybe just keep it around 500, as last month was nuts and I'm paying for it now.
  • rolf_f
    Rich158 wrote:
    Just had a look at the stats for the first time in ages, good god where did all that mileage come from :shock: I'd be out of the top 5 by now with a paltry 5100 or so :cry:

Top work guys, I'll look forward to watching you all kill yourselves over the summer trying to get that top spot :lol:

Enough of this - very bad form, very bad form indeed. Either join back in or stop regularly telling everyone where you would be if you were still on SCS! Can't have it both ways old chap!
    Clever Pun wrote:

That's where I'm going - stay close, but a bit behind :lol:
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Rolf F wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:

Enough of this - very bad form, very bad form indeed. Either join back in or stop regularly telling everyone where you would be if you were still on SCS! Can't have it both ways old chap!
    Clever Pun wrote:

And there I was just congratulating Running Man et al for well and truly caning me in the mileage stakes, and I haven't commented for weeks by the way!!!!

Ah well, feck it then, I'll leave you lot to yourselves
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • will3
    Overtook a penny farthing today. Great stuff, but why on such a windy day?
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    Rich158 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:

Clever Pun wrote:

And there I was just congratulating Running Man et al for well and truly caning me in the mileage stakes, and I haven't commented for weeks by the way!!!!

Ah well, feck it then, I'll leave you lot to yourselves

To be honest its interesting knowing your mileage, i dont want you to rejoin as atm it would push me down a place lol

You had your reasons for coming out of the table and it was fully justified

Im very pleased as over 5000 for the year already, only managed 1900 the whole of last year, im going for 10k by the end of the year hopefully

got a target of 6k by the end of july for a charity ride and well on target
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Touch and go for 8,000 this year. Going to be very close again. How the heck are you guys at the top close to 7,000 already???? Chapeau, chaps.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • holybinch
    holybinch Posts: 417
    Another ride this weekend.
    Time to up the tempo a bit if I want to stand a chance of doing OK in September for London to Paris!
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris