Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    suzyb wrote:
    Where about did you go?

Started in Stirling, from there out past Doune to Aberfoyle. Up over the Dukes Pass, round Loch Katrine to Stomlachlacher, back to Aberfoyle, towards Glasgow, via Balfron and Killearn, took left at Strathblane, and at Lennoxtown, up Crow Road, up again to Carron Valley, still more up and over to drop back down to Stirling. Lots of ups! :shock: Downs were on shocking roads so no real benefit. Loved it! :lol:
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I didn't think that post had worked :wink:

Good effort.

(btw the date in your signature seems to be wrong, it says 22nd June)
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    I rode so many miles this weekend i broke the stats league
    SCR Stats wrote:
    Service Unavailable

Sorry!
  • redvee wrote:
    @Bounce Armstrong :lol:

Is that a catch I have made? :wink:

I would suggest a really long ride tomorrow or I doubt you will get near me again this year :twisted:

I've got miles to add. Namely three figures 2.54 to be exact :lol: Might end up doing the weeks mileage so far again today.

Nice update you did. Shame is was not good enough :twisted:
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    redvee wrote:
    @Bounce Armstrong :lol:

Is that a catch I have made? :wink:

I would suggest a really long ride tomorrow or I doubt you will get near me again this year :twisted:

I've got miles to add. Namely three figures 2.54 to be exact :lol: Might end up doing the weeks mileage so far again today.

Nice update you did. Shame is was not good enough :twisted:

ahem scuze me fellas but you appear to have logged too many miles. Would appreciate it if you could correct them and resume your normal position behind me.

Ta muchly
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    I need to MTFU. I have 127.9 miles to the next place up.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    amnezia wrote:
    I rode so many miles this weekend i broke the stats league
    SCR Stats wrote:
    Service Unavailable

Sorry!
    That's the bit of code I added to cope with that sort of thing. Can't trust you lot sometimes...
    public void YeahRight(float inMiles)
            {
                if (inMiles > CONST_NEVERTHATMANYSURELY)
                {
                    this.system.Abandon;
                    return;
                }
            }

:)
  • Well done Will : cracking effort fella!!

1500 for the month??
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Just done my first Ton! Trossach's Ton - 103miles in total for me. Not sure what the climbing was but it was a lot! Especially near the end. Just a shade over 6 hours in the saddle. Excellent weather, well organised. What with Mallaig to Durness later this week I should hit 350 for the week! :shock:

Lost my good shades though, hope someone finds them and hands them in!

4000m of climbing, I think. Well done Wallace!!

Must have been Seriously Hot...

Cheers,
    W.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Well done Will : cracking effort fella!!

1500 for the month??

Likewise.........

not sure about the 1500. It's certainly going to be anoyingly close, trouble is that work has got silly and next weekend isnt' looking so free. Still If I can drag my arse out of bed early every day it might be on.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    will3 wrote:

1500 for the month??

Likewise.........

not sure about the 1500. It's certainly going to be anoyingly close, trouble is that work has got silly and next weekend isnt' looking so free. Still If I can drag my ars* out of bed early every day it might be on.

Are you going to log those miles for the TFL challenge or were you planning on dropping them all at the last minute?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • I did the Great Western Sportive on the weekend and it was a cracking ride.

107 miles of hilly bits of Wiltshire and Oxfordshire. A pal from the club and I went round in 5:51 which we were pretty pleased with given the route.

I've also just signed up for the Tour of Britain South West "etape" in September which looks pretty evil as well so there should be plenty to keep me interested til the Autumn at least.

:):):)
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • will3
    edited June 2010
    Well done Gbsahne!
    You are now in the 'special' league for fruitcakes :wink:
  • will3
    Completed one of my year goals yesterday:
    100 miles and a full day at work on the same day.
    phew
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I did the Great Western Sportive on the weekend and it was a cracking ride.

107 miles of hilly bits of Wiltshire and Oxfordshire. A pal from the club and I went round in 5:51 which we were pretty pleased with given the route.

No no no - I think you'll find it was a very poor sportive: http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12709922 :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    will3 wrote:
    Well done Gbsahne!
    You are now in the 'special' league for fruitcakes :wink:

TVM, months not over yet and I've a trip to the parents planned at the weeked; give the wife a 4 hour head start in the car, got to be sporting at least.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    will3 wrote:

1500 for the month??

Likewise.........

not sure about the 1500. It's certainly going to be anoyingly close, trouble is that work has got silly and next weekend isnt' looking so free. Still If I can drag my ars* out of bed early every day it might be on.

feel free to log those on the tfr thingy... well done btw
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Well done indeed Gbsahne!

Corking effort and there's still 5 days of riding left :

Welcome to the madhouse :D
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • @ Rolf F : Yes I saw that thread too ....

The general consensus appears to be that the OP was a random idiot looking for an accomodating village ..... I think it's down to a restricted gene pool .......

It really was a cracking day and if someone enters a sportive without the physical capacity to finish it or the nutritional wherewithall to sustain themselves over the distance then frankly my dear I don't give a damn :)
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • salsajake
    salsajake Posts: 702
    not quite at 2000 miles at half year, but target is 4000 for the year so I think I am still on for it, given the winter we had. June affected by Le Mans for a week and a week allowing my body to recover from the lack of sleep - back on it now though!
  • Harveytile
    Harveytile Posts: 227
    Just checked my logbook (sad, I know) and I have cracked 3000 commuting miles this year :lol: ! I am a happy chap.

I am sure I can up it in the second half of the year. Looking towards 7000 miles. If I start adding in weekend rides I should hit 8000 miles with ease.
    Beep Beep Richie.

FCN +7 (Hanzo Fixed. Simple - for the commute)
    FCN +10 (Loud and proud PA)
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    Harveytile wrote:
    Just checked my logbook (sad, I know) and I have cracked 3000 commuting miles this year :lol: ! I am a happy chap.

I am sure I can up it in the second half of the year. Looking towards 7000 miles. If I start adding in weekend rides I should hit 8000 miles with ease.

your not sad at all, this is coming from people who log stats on pc and online

and chapeau gbshane, think i may need to do a jogle or lejog soon, hopefully ill join the mad house next month, got a week off work so chance for plenty of miles
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    andy83 wrote:
    Harveytile wrote:
    and chapeau gbshane, think i may need to do a jogle or lejog soon, hopefully ill join the mad house next month, got a week off work so chance for plenty of miles

Do it, do it! It's great fun, and something to look back on and think 'yay...I've done that'!

Currently going through my photos and making up a photobook with all my blog entries alongside so I've got a bit of a momento in years to come.

I have had a month off the bike since though...only just getting the numbness out of my little fingers and inside of my ring fingers. Anyone would think you shouldn't embark on a 12-day LEJOG after averaging 400 miles a month for the five preceeding months. Sigh.

size=9]* - although I can pretty much categorically say I'll never do it again. Done it now, no need![/size]
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • andy83
    to be honest im a very strange person and need to be individual so it doesnt appeal to me that much as its well known ride. Im currently raising money for chairty by doing 6k, i had planned to do it by end of november but im actually on track to get it done end of next month, my mileage has started to get quite scary, had a 50 mile ride on fixie today
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    [quote="andy83"need to be individual so it doesnt appeal to me that much as its well known ride[/quote]

Amend it to something different - I did take in Lizard and Dunnet's Head to make it a 'true' top to bottom ride but considered doing the four points.

Lands End > Lizard > Lowestoft > Corrachadh Mor > Dunnets Head > John O'Groats

The 'as it flies' on google throws it up as a 1,250mile trip but reckon if you planned it properly it'd be along the lines of 1,500.

Quite like the idea of the west coast of the Americas now, or perhaps around Canada.
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • andy83
    im contemplating doing something next year but not sure quite what yet, was thinking some stupid ridculous 24 hour non stop ride or summin but im not quite sure yet. would love to cycle the americas but just logistically could prob never do it
  • andy83
    i clearly didnt check the mileage properly, got back all changed bikes locked away and put stats in to find i have done 999.3 miles for the month.

long ride tomorrow so not overly worried, if it was last day of month id be straight out again lol
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    OK i want to join the loony brigade. So i have the 1st 3 weeks off in August 1500 is for sissies im going for 2000. Should hit 1000 next month then its the big one.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    good ride to Sussex yesterday; now got to find some energy to get back!

I think I get a weekend off the bike next week, as we're doing something car orientated; I have been asked whether I want to take the bike with me though but think the rest is probably long overdue
  • andy83
    gbsahne wrote:
    good ride to Sussex yesterday; now got to find some energy to get back!

I think I get a weekend off the bike next week, as we're doing something car orientated; I have been asked whether I want to take the bike with me though but think the rest is probably long overdue

u take as many rest days as you like lol

to be honest i think im going to do this next week, got a 100 mile ride planned but then got car related stuff to do, havent had a day off the bike for over 20 days now, god i hate this stupid stats table.

on the plus side got a lovely ride of 65 miles in today, and got a big week next week mileage wise hopefully. 3 more days of cycling, hmmm i wonder if i can get some extended commutes in??