Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Only just realised that 9 of us completed over 1000 miles in May.

Well done chaps!! 8)
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Chapeau runningman, 1500 miles in one month is awesome. I'll look forward to seeing you fly by me at the Dragon :oops:

I'd be well back by now with my measly 4200 for the year, at least I'm still ahead of ITB :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Rich158 wrote:

I'd be well back by now with my measly 4200 for the year, at least I'm still ahead of ITB :lol:

Do you want me to enter that on the table for you?

Are you in or not?
  • will3
    Only just realised that 9 of us completed over 1000 miles in May.

Well done chaps!! 8)

Squeaked in there for May. Should be better this month though - none of those pesky bank holidays.
  • Rich158
    will3 wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:

Do you want me to enter that on the table for you?

Are you in or not?

Nah it'd just be putting temptation in my way :? This is one addiction I'm definately staying away from.

I do like to keep tabs on the old fella, just to make sure he's not getting too big for his boots, but you lot seem to be doing a good job keeping him in check.
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Rich158 wrote:
    I do like to keep tabs on the old fella, just to make sure he's not getting too big for his boots, but you lot seem to be doing a good job keeping him in check.

Please don't tell us of such personal information again - what you do with your "old fella" is not stats table worthy... I hope. :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Ah Rich - there you are .... I expect to see your back wheel disappearing into the distance while I'm still crawling up the Rhigos :)

Tell you what - May was tough and I'm not going to be in any tearing hurry to repeat the exercise :oops:

July is full of promise though .... I wonder ...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Ah Rich - there you are .... I expect to see your back wheel disappearing into the distance while I'm still crawling up the Rhigos :)

Tell you what - May was tough and I'm not going to be in any tearing hurry to repeat the exercise :oops:

2000 or I'll call you girls names
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Rich158
    Ah Rich - there you are .... I expect to see your back wheel disappearing into the distance while I'm still crawling up the Rhigos :)

nah, that'll be JG, the mans a monster on hills :shock:

June promises to be a good month, the Paris jaunt is still on, and the Dragon. It looks like the Magnificat is a bit dodgy at the moment so I'll just be happy to hit the 1000 again.

Revised FCN - 2
  • will3
    Rich158 wrote:
    so I'll just be happy to hit the 1000 again.

Not that you're counting your miles, keeping track of your position if you were on the table or anything. Oh no :lol:

[re] join usssssss
  • Rich158
    Just keeping an eye on you all :wink:

Revised FCN - 2
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    With my regular commutes I am starting to crawl up the standings from the mid 130's
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Longer, faster rides at weekends = shorter rides through the week. :cry:

Still at least I managed to pass my 600 minimum target.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Need a sneaky wee 11miles tonight on the MTB to get up to 900 for the month....

Jesus H Christ! 900!! If you told me this time last year I would be cycling 900 miles in a month I would have laughed you out of town!!! :shock: :shock:

What had happened to me???

How can I get 1,000 in June..... :wink:

Due to stupidity, and lack of basic arithmetic, have made 890 for the month! I somehow thought 900-879 = 11 and last night doing two laps of the local estate after a short MTB run, just to get over the 11 miles was a tad desperate!!

Ah well, my target was 700 so cant complain at all!!

Lets see what June brings.....

It's okay I understand I went out to do .5 mile just to tip me over the monthly goal, actually did 2.6 but you get the point :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Rich158 wrote:
    Chapeau runningman, 1500 miles in one month is awesome. I'll look forward to seeing you fly by me at the Dragon :oops:

Are you...? are you really...! :twisted:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    Only just realised that 9 of us completed over 1000 miles in May.

Well done chaps!! 8)

why thank you, but you are now my inspiration lol

there were actually only 8 as ex pat scott put in his miles for april into may, not being pedantic :P
  • Rich158
    itboffin wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:

according to dailymile I'm still 400 up on you old man :lol:

Revised FCN - 2
  • itboffin
    Rich158 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:

according to dailymile I'm still 400 up on you old man :lol:

Who says I've been completely honest :roll:

Edit: you know your messed up when my statement above is implying that I have MORE miles in my pocket rather than faking miles, jeez I need a hobby :lol:
  • Rich158
    There's no hope for you dude, that's why I quit when I did :wink:

Revised FCN - 2
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    First MTB miles on the board.

And boy were they hard :( 10 MTB miles =was like 30 hilly road miles.
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    Some of that is the MTB but you are right off road miles are much harder. I end up going 1-2mph slower when I switch from tarmac to gravel and mud even on the same bike.

Maybe there should be some sort of bonus. (Says the person who's commute could be classified as off road for much of its length) :twisted:

Mike
  • MonkeyMonster
    RP based question - does the north exit allow access post car closure or do I have to use one of the others?
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    RP based question - does the north exit allow access post car closure or do I have to use one of the others?
    May depend which gate you mean. The most northerly one is Sheen gate and there is a ped gate there. Not sure about Roehampton gate as I've never had to use it...

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=52 ... 74525&lm=0
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,166
    IIRC there is a ped gate at Roehampton, although it might be of the kissing variety so a bit of a pita to get a bike through.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • MonkeyMonster
    Heh, I've always used Roehampton and to me its the most northerly... :D

That sheens has an exit is fine, I can likely get in before 9pm its the getting back out!
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    suzyb wrote:

No chance.... I will give that they are harder, yes, but 1.5 to 2x, never 3 :)
    With MTB hills are usually shorter, but sharper.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    suzyb wrote:

No chance.... I will give that they are harder, yes, but 1.5 to 2x, never 3 :)
    With MTB hills are usually shorter, but sharper.
    It was 3 for me :( After the 10 miles last night I felt as I had after the first time I did 30 miles on the road bike. In fact I think I may have felt worse.

Mainly due to those shorter but sharper hills you mentioned. I'm kinda of an Ulrich on the road bike, grinding my way up the hills whilst seated. Couldn't seem to do that as much on the MTB.
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    6 miles today, had 40 planned but bottom bracket snapped :(

hopefully pick up bike tomo and enforced days rest will enable we to claim the miles back tomorrow
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    Another night ride for me (albeit a gentle one), following on from last night's TT - and here's me supposedly tapering before a big ol' effort on Sunday! :roll: :D
    Still breathing.....
  • itboffin
    Tapering sucks :evil: