Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    andy83 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Bikes totally fine, the rider is somewhat more confused than normal.

how you feeling now?

why you not adding your miles? its just evident im going to lose a place. PM me if you dont want to put on here why, im just curious and nosey lol

finally got 1000 for the month, well 1006.8 to be exact. 34 mile commute home, would have been 4 if not for the stupid table as felt rubbish

ah well sat weather looks poo, ill take a rest day then :)

Hello matey i'm starting to feel better just, the ride home took 50% longer than usual as I just didn't have the energy.

As for my miles i'll add them at the end of each month as I really don't have time these days to update daily, in case you're interested i've had 11 days off the bike this month all in the first two weeks, then a slow week followed by this week which if it goes to plan should be 400 miles for the week alone 8)

Next week is super taper for the Dragon and Magnificat then I'm going to switch to hill work for the Alps in Sept. with some cyclocross training for good measure :roll:

It's almost like I have a plan :P

Edit: only 38 hrs in the saddle this month so far compared to 69 for each of the last two.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    itboffin wrote:
    andy83 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Bikes totally fine, the rider is somewhat more confused than normal.

how you feeling now?

why you not adding your miles? its just evident im going to lose a place. PM me if you dont want to put on here why, im just curious and nosey lol

finally got 1000 for the month, well 1006.8 to be exact. 34 mile commute home, would have been 4 if not for the stupid table as felt rubbish

ah well sat weather looks poo, ill take a rest day then :)

Hello matey i'm starting to feel better just, the ride home took 50% longer than usual as I just didn't have the energy.

As for my miles i'll add them at the end of each month as I really don't have time these days to update daily, in case you're interested i've had 11 days off the bike this month all in the first two weeks, then a slow week followed by this week which if it goes to plan should be 400 miles for the week alone 8)

Next week is super taper for the Dragon and Magnificat then I'm going to switch to hill work for the Alps in Sept. with some cyclocross training for good measure :roll:

It's almost like I have a plan :P

Edit: only 38 hrs in the saddle this month so far compared to 69 for each of the last two.

glad your feeling better, and prob best to take it easy for a few days.

a plan, never!

im interested to be honest as im on a bloody two year plan. im just trying to lose the weight (lost a stone since xmas and toned up loads) and just trying to eat the miles until early next year, then im going to spend next year doing lots of sportives etc and training properly, then im going to go after my racing license

it may be over ambitious but i need to set myself targets.

also how lucky am i, gf suggested we have our holiday in france next year to see a stage or two of the tour and i could even take my bike to ride a few :) (although will prob take me double the time each stage lol)

400 miles in a week is very impressive

I still havent reached 300 for a week but could do this week if i can get out tomorrow on the bike but maybe best i have a rest day
  • itboffin
    Rest is just as important as hard work, over do it and you're wasting your time. I'm afraid the best weight loss programme for me is NO booze :shock:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    OK, so targetting the top 30 could be a problem: gap between me (32) and ChuckCork (30) is 535!

That's over three weeks mileage! I hope some people are planning long holidays without the bike....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Asprilla wrote:
    I hope some people are planning long holidays without the bike....

:lol:

I'm chomping my way up though there are some who've not updated for ages... IP - watch out sonny :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Asprilla wrote:
    OK, so targetting the top 30 could be a problem: gap between me (32) and ChuckCork (30) is 535!

That's over three weeks mileage! I hope some people are planning long holidays without the bike....

I've noticed that- the 30s are all really close (I'm only 9 miles behind your total this morning), then there's quite a gap- I think I've been as high as 32nd, as low as 38, in the last few weeks. I'm taking the view that I'm just doing my miles to hit my targets, and if I carry on then I'll move up (September should see me pick up a few places). And if I don't, I don't, hardly worth worrying about!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    andy83 wrote:

400 miles in a week is very impressive/quote]

Watch this space then; only problem may be updating miles onto my mobile
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Am looking at a 30 something place.... have crept up to 41st so far.
    My target of 600 for April and 700 for May have easily been broken, now dare I think about 800 for June!!

Won't do near the same in July as away for over two weeks with no bike chances, so should make the most of now.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Nice gentle ride home Thursday evening - NOT!! Bloomin' flew home which was not part of the plan. Still great fun chasing busses through Melksham.

Anyway today was a suffer fest. Set off at 8.45 and headed west into a relentless headwind and the worst of it is knowing that's the way it's going to be for the next 5 hours or so..... and it was.

Went up to Chipping Sodbury via Castle Combe and headed out to Thornbury and crossed into Wales on the old severn bridge. What an experience ... the wind was still mental but it was really exciting to be so much closer to the scale of the thing.

Headed down towards Newport from Chepstow via a slight uphill detour through Shirenewton (no idea why) then through some country lanes from Bassaleg to Draethen and then pretty much straight to Caerphilly. I did promise myself that if I felt remotely ok I'd go straight up the mountain road before turning back to my folks place and I did (just).

Boy that hill is different with 80 miles in your legs.

So less than 100 to go ......
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • itboffin
    Nice gentle ride home Thursday evening - NOT!! Bloomin' flew home which was not part of the plan. Still great fun chasing busses through Melksham.

Anyway today was a suffer fest. Set off at 8.45 and headed west into a relentless headwind and the worst of it is knowing that's the way it's going to be for the next 5 hours or so..... and it was.

Went up to Chipping Sodbury via Castle Combe and headed out to Thornbury and crossed into Wales on the old severn bridge. What an experience ... the wind was still mental but it was really exciting to be so much closer to the scale of the thing.

Headed down towards Newport from Chepstow via a slight uphill detour through Shirenewton (no idea why) then through some country lanes from Bassaleg to Draethen and then pretty much straight to Caerphilly. I did promise myself that if I felt remotely ok I'd go straight up the mountain road before turning back to my folks place and I did (just).

Boy that hill is different with 80 miles in your legs.

So less than 100 to go ......

Time for you to change your forum name, clearly running is not your main activity :P

How about "The Rocket Man"

Chapeau, nice work sir
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Got to find 23 miles before sunday to hit 400 for the month, feel a 40 mile pootle upto the Airport for sunday in order.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    Does this count as cheating?

Great experience, need a new challenge now - although I'm considering looking at 'proper' training programmes...
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • redvee
    Just added my kms the the league feling good that I broke 400 miles for the month then realised tomorrow is still may, june starts on tuesday.
  • Wallace1492
    Need a sneaky wee 11miles tonight on the MTB to get up to 900 for the month....

Jesus H Christ! 900!! If you told me this time last year I would be cycling 900 miles in a month I would have laughed you out of town!!! :shock: :shock:

What had happened to me???

How can I get 1,000 in June..... :wink:
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634

Jesus H Christ! 900!! If you told me this time last year I would be cycling 900 miles in a month I would have laughed you out of town!!! :shock: :shock:

Great worth Wallace

..do the same as this month....but with an extra 3.33 mile a day :wink:
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • andy83
    this weekend proved I need targets. I have slacked off since reaching the 1000 miles for a month

I went out today but being still in the same month didnt go mental and all I kept thinking was, save your legs for the rest of the week, its the start of a new month for gawds sake

Im going for 1250 ish this month then trying for the 1500 in july

Week off in august, shall I try for 2000 cos surely we will have nice weather!*

* This is very silly and prob wont happen but need something to aim for
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Chapeau to the Running Man!
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • gert_lush
    davis wrote:
    Chapeau to the Running Man!

indeed, he is legend.....wait for it......dary
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • redvee
    Pootled upto the top of Box Hill near Bath at an average of 16mph, happy with the average and the number of miles clocked up today.
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    Nice 18 miler tying out me new aero bars. Sportive on the 12th so mad week this week and then an easy week next.
  • andy83
    chapeau to the running man, very impressive mileage

is it sinister of me being very happy people are doing sportives and having easy weeks??

this table hasnt took over my life honest
  • Wallace1492

Due to stupidity, and lack of basic arithmetic, have made 890 for the month! I somehow thought 900-879 = 11 and last night doing two laps of the local estate after a short MTB run, just to get over the 11 miles was a tad desperate!!

Ah well, my target was 700 so cant complain at all!!

Lets see what June brings.....
  • Cheers guys : 1500 was tough but it's surprising how quickly the body adapts. I'm going to be halving my mileage this week for Sunday's ride so driving in with SWMBO and cycling home in the evening but already I'm getting twitchy :)

Looking forward to the Dragon now and the forecast looks promising so hopefully we won't be slogging round there in normal Welsh weather.....
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • gert_lush
    I can't believe the top 3 have now pulled out 1000 mile lead over the rest of the top 10, damn you all!!! :twisted:

The end of June will be the half way point for the year, will the 2nd half of the year be as mental mileage as the 1st half!!
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    gert_lush wrote:
    I can't believe the top 3 have now pulled out 1000 mile lead over the rest of the top 10, damn you all!!! :twisted:

The end of June will be the half way point for the year, will the 2nd half of the year be as mental mileage as the 1st half!!

I did over 11000 miles last year,so i reckon the answear is yes.No let up till Dec 31st :lol:
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    help.... just tried to update my stats on the current journey on my pda with a broken finger (result of an off :oops: ) and I seem to have put myself right at the bottom by accident.

Instead of putting in trip; put it into update mileage, tried to correct this by putting in the same negative number and bang I'm down at 138. Can someone correct this foolish mistakle. Thx
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    gbsahne - go into your monthly stats, delete the trips that are wrong, reset your mileage to what you think it should be then add the deleted jouneys again. That should get you back to where you were, or should be. I can't do anything directly to the db through the working day but there's enough functionality in there for you to fix it.

Put -ve mileages is fraught with problems. Best not to.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    gbsahne wrote:
    help.... just tried to update my stats on the current journey on my pda with a broken finger (result of an off :oops: ) and I seem to have put myself right at the bottom by accident.

Instead of putting in trip; put it into update mileage, tried to correct this by putting in the same negative number and bang I'm down at 138. Can someone correct this foolish mistakle. Thx

Ignore CiB - it can't be fixed. You'll just have to start from scratch again. I'm sure you'll catch up. Eventually........ :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Rolf F wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:

Ignore CiB - it can't be fixed. You'll just have to start from scratch again. I'm sure you'll catch up. Eventually........ :lol:

Ho ho. L O L. :)
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Ah this explains my unexpected position jump :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14