Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Airwave wrote:
    I'm gonna put a mount for my Garmin on the MTB :idea:
    I have removed all the turbo miles from the total miles :oops: .God i hate the turbo trainer,it's a sign of winter when that gets dusted off to be used again :cry:

you managed 800+ in January...chapeau

Whilst everone else was snowed in we had hardly any in sunny Bournemouth.So pretty much a normal milage for me Dec-March :lol:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    lucky sod :lol:

Last night coming back on the train with the missus and the brompton, I put her on the tram and I cycled back to the tramstop at our destination. I said it'd be silly to pay to use the tram while I had a bike. I belted it to the destination and knew I had enough time to do a little lap of our block before the tram arrived. Made me overly pleased to sneak those 2.6 miles in
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    700-miles on the new bike. So far that has cost me just under 9-pence per mile (CTW is monthly)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Crumbs! Hanging onto a top 10 place for dear life atm!
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Will bust through 2,000 for the year on way home tonight.... still short of my 500 per month target average, but making up for being out all of January, and a bit of February.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Nice little training run of 65 through oxfordshire backroads yesterday, topped my cycle tan up wonderfully and now includes rather toasted cald muscles plus 4 shadows on my forehead :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Well done.

I woke up this morning and suddenly realised it was the last week in May. Where the heck did the month go!
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    cjcp wrote:
    Crumbs! Hanging onto a top 10 place for dear life atm!

I notice you took back my false 10th git :lol: ... itboffin has a lot still to enter we're done for.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    suzyb wrote:
    Well done.

I woke up this morning and suddenly realised it was the last week in May. Where the heck did the month go!

That's exactly how I feel - I've had such a lazy month - not even 500 miles yet. I'm probably only going to scrape above my target this month.

I get very lazy when the sun's out 8)
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    think I'm going to gt 1000+ this month
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Nothing major for me today. Having to say goodbye to the cat this afternoon. Think I'll need to get out later to clear the system.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • @gbsahne : well done fella : good effort!!
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • @ redvee : sorry to hear about your cat : it's just crap and nothing anyone can say or do makes it any better either. The vet came to the house to put both my last 2 to sleep and they died in my arms. I went out and just ran and ran til something hurt more than losing them did.
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    redvee wrote:
    Nothing major for me today. Having to say goodbye to the cat this afternoon. Think I'll need to get out later to clear the system.

:( parents dog had to be put down couple weeks back. Its not nice.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    redvee wrote:

shoot never a good day.
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    any family pet is hard to put to sleep

im going to admit i actually got upset when i had to have our rabbit put down.

hope your bike has let you destress, put on some music and just start pedalling :)
  • andy83
    im not coming home until i have rode 48.7 miles tomo, then i will hit 1000 for the month :)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Regardless of how hard it was to say it was for the best. Had a chat with my Mum tonight and the cat was 3 when she passed her onto us and we had for for nearly 16yrs so an innings of nigh on 19yrs isn't too bad.

Got to get 49 miles in by the end of the month to break 400 for the month myself, should make it easy I hope.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    man down :cry:

ouchy :cry:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    What've you done dude, hope you're ok
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    itboffin wrote:
    man down :cry:

ouchy :cry:

Goodness. Poor fucker. Good CX skills though
  • itboffin
    Rich158 wrote:
    What've you done dude, hope you're ok

See the SCR thread, feeling pretty bashed up, not really had a look at the road bike yet :?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • So : this is too close now to ignore :

I'll be on 1315 after the ride home tonight : I've a day off work so I've planned to ride down to my folks in Caerphilly tomorrow which I'll make into something around 90. Rest day Saturday then I'm doing about 60 with the club on Sunday which just leaves the small matter of 35-40 for Monday and it's done ....... and I can have a couple of days of proper rest before the Dragon .....

Jesus I'm tired :D
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    So : this is too close now to ignore :

I'll be on 1315 after the ride home tonight : I've a day off work so I've planned to ride down to my folks in Caerphilly tomorrow which I'll make into something around 90. Rest day Saturday then I'm doing about 60 with the club on Sunday which just leaves the small matter of 35-40 for Monday and it's done ....... and I can have a couple of days of proper rest before the Dragon .....

Jesus I'm tired :D

Blimey. I'm torn between two responses.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    @ redvee : sorry to hear about your cat : it's just crap and nothing anyone can say or do makes it any better either. The vet came to the house to put both my last 2 to sleep and they died in my arms. I went out and just ran and ran til something hurt more than losing them did.

Both my cats are now 17 and I'm beginning to dread the day I lose them.
  • Redvee,

My 16 yr old cat passed away two weeks today so i know how you feel. The only thing is that for a cat to reach the ripe old age of 19 it's a testament to having been well looked after and happy. Remember all the good times.

John
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    As it's moved from SC Stats to Lose Your Cats, here's the opposite view.

We had a cat that must have been close on 200 years old. She was in pain, spent a lot of time doing that awful sqwawking sound that cats do when they're old and not well, and then she disappeared - we think she'd gone off to die quietly tbh. Some nice kids [really, not sarcy] nearby found her, couldn't decipher her collar so took her to the vets, who knew her and phoned us. Upshot was that the best thing was to do the deed, so I was there whilst the vet changed the drip over to something a bit more terminal. I have to say that it was a massive relief, knowing that the poor old cat was not in pain anymore. I was a bit put out at the bill mind. How much? I'd have done it myself if I'd known. We did on the farm from time to time.

Deep down you know it has to be done eventually. Our kids were a bit upset for the rest of the evening, but the following day had forgotten that we'd owned a cat pretty much. The joys of being young.
  • itboffin
    Bikes totally fine, the rider is somewhat more confused than normal.
  • andy83
    itboffin wrote:
    Bikes totally fine, the rider is somewhat more confused than normal.

how you feeling now?

why you not adding your miles? its just evident im going to lose a place. PM me if you dont want to put on here why, im just curious and nosey lol

finally got 1000 for the month, well 1006.8 to be exact. 34 mile commute home, would have been 4 if not for the stupid table as felt rubbish

ah well sat weather looks poo, ill take a rest day then :)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    andy83 wrote:
    finally got 1000 for the month, well 1006.8 to be exact. 34 mile commute home, would have been 4 if not for the stupid table as felt rubbish

Well done there! I'm currently on 792 which is fine as my target for this month is to beat 900. Next month is the first try for 1000 though a weekend away walking might scupper that so I won't lose much sleep if I don't make it.

Trouble is, two tough sportives are causing me to lose mileage during the week!
    Faster than a tent.......