Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    TailWindHome and I are tied, 406.4 miles for the year :lol:

I know turbo miles don't count. But would it count if I I cycled my bike the few yards across my room and out into the hall. OK it's indoors but technically I'd still be going somewhere albeit not very far :wink:
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    gert_lush wrote:
    I bet you add yourself back in in October.....with a shed load of miles :wink:

don't temp me, that would be truly evil
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    How long do I leave it before I add my latest miles? Might have to add them on sunday when I've done another pootle.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Rich158 wrote:
    gert_lush wrote:
    I bet you add yourself back in in October.....with a shed load of miles :wink:

don't temp me, that would be truly evil

aw shame to delete your stats like that. Couldn't you just get CiB to lock you out or something (and add "surrendered" next to your name) :cry:
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Position could change over 1/2 term; just been told that I'm on my own for that week and I have a weeks holiday to use, which if I use the BH means I just about have time for a long trip, thinking Scotland to Cornwall.

Enough time? planning 80 - 100 per day.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,608
    andy83 wrote:
    anyway who the hell is pangolin doing 88 mile round trip commutes

Sadly not my normal commute andy, I was doing London to Edinburgh that week. Back to normal 22 mile round trip now :cry:
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Rich sad to see you go matey but i understand your reasons, whilst im not posting my miles as regularly these days fear not i am still racking up those miles peeps ;)

If tomorrow goes as planned this could be my highest mileage week ever :)

I very safely in third place now thanks to you rich old boy
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    80.34 miles today, 30 with the club. Am well chufed at that as its the longest distance i have ever done and gives me hope for the 105 mile sportive next month i stupidly signed up too. Did it @ 13.7mph and climbed 3495ft so not exactly flat.

Keep this up and i might have a decent average speed next year. :)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    itboffin wrote:
    I very safely in third place now

:?: :?: :?:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    pangolin wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

Sadly not my normal commute andy, I was doing London to Edinburgh that week. Back to normal 22 mile round trip now :cry:

london to edinburgh? take it that involved train aswell then cos as far as I can remember its a lot more than 88 miles lol

thats ok then, glad your back to 22 mile round trip. thats one my short of my normal morning commute, although i wimped out this morning and done 4, but was practising time trial after work
    I very safely in third place now thanks to you rich old boy

can you not add your miles for a bit please :)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    andy83 wrote:
    pangolin wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

london to edinburgh? take it that involved train aswell then cos as far as I can remember its a lot more than 88 miles lol

He didn't say it was! Look at his stats.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • andy83
    Ignore me, long tired week

I understand now :oops:
  • rolf_f
    andy83 wrote:

Yes, yes. Long tired week. You should rest. Take it easy. For about 3 months :lol:
  • gbsahne001
    just getting ready to go out for a little run.....
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Well there's no going back now. RP has been broached and I even made the school boy error of going out the wrong gate (queens end) up the evil hill but down the glorious run and back in at stag lodge stables.

Good times.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • andy83
    Rolf F wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

Yes, yes. Long tired week. You should rest. Take it easy. For about 3 months :lol:

I actually only managed 2 miles today popped to moms, got back and felt rough and decided I needed a rest day. for the sake of getting 30-40 miles in today i thought id leave it and focus on good mileage next week. my legs were crying out for a rest, although I do have a few centurys planned within next four weeks :)
  • gbsahne001
    nice little run.... bit wet at times but still good to see that I can get into triple figures.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    suzyb wrote:
    TailWindHome and I are tied, 406.4 miles for the year :lol:

Amateur mistake there SuzyB. You should have taked a sip from your bidon, selected your gear then quietly made your move.

Haven't been on the bike at all since the middle of March. My dad, who as mentioned on a previous thread had pulmonary fibrosis, took a bad turn for the worse in April and passed away. I spent most of the last couple of months driving between home, work and the hospital. After the funeral I've been very much concentrating on family time with the kids and tried to get caught up on stuff round the house.

Anyway. The bike is out of the shed and everything is sitting ready for tomorrows commute. It's time to get back to it and start aiming for my 2010 target.

or as Gregg66 would put it "It's on like Donkey Kong"
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Awww I just managed to overtake you :(
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I got to 2000 miles
    .... there's people on over 4000 !!!!!

Do they have jobs?
    exercise.png
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    TheStone wrote:
    I got to 2000 miles
    .... there's people on over 4000 !!!!!

Do they have jobs?

Yes, but they are a long way from where they live
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • andy83
    71 mile ride today, makes up for measly 2 miles yesterday

and yes I do have a job, just not today

also some of us are extremely mad and leave the house 2 hours before they start work when they live 15 minutes away on the bike, some very big detours are completed, they must be mad :roll:
  • will3
    If you're gonna jump in at #2, you could at least de-lurk........... :lol:
  • rolf_f
    will3 wrote:
    If you're gonna jump in at #2, you could at least de-lurk........... :lol:

And post a proper mileage log! 70+433 = 4208 isn't good enough for a top ten new entry :lol:
  • Rich158
    Wooahhh, it looks like my decision was the right one, Will3, Runningman, and now Airwave are putting in some stirling mileages :lol:

As for me, I haven't been on the bike since the weekend and I don't feel guilty at all. I had a great race at the weekend, pity I don't have a decent sprint or I'd have had my first points in the bag, and it's Crystal Palace tonight. It looks like the enforced rest days are working now there's no temptation to ride just for the sake of it.

Keep those distances coming chaps, ITB may have slipped a few places but he certainly shouldn't be ignored.
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • will3
    Oh yeah, and first commute over 20mph this year

:D MUSH!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Rest days are good but not when they're forced due to bike damage, this morning I discovered my trek with a flat rear, the bloody thing is hanging on the wall!!!

As I have discovered park preglued patches bubble over time, in the long run your better off using old fashioned rubber glue
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • will3
    itboffin wrote:
    Rest days are good but not when they're forced due to bike damage, this morning I discovered my trek with a flat rear, the bloody thing is hanging on the wall!!!

As I have discovered park preglued patches bubble over time, in the long run your better off using old fashioned rubber glue

but don't you have an array of bikes to chose from?

With you on the patches. 'snot like they take long to do properly anyway.
  • Think I'm going to have to defer the 1500 til July though I suspect I'll be frustratingly close this month. I'm going to be on 1000 by the end of the week but I've got quite a few meetings arranged in the final week of the month (bad planning I know) and I need to start tapering down for the Dragon as well.

But it doesn't matter as it's just such a joy to be out on the bike in this weather :
    hayfever notwithstanding of course :roll: :roll:

And I know there was a cracking tailwind last night but even after crawling out of Bath down the London Road and getting held up a bit in Melksham I still managed the 27 miles at an average of 18.8mph. Very pleased with that especially on tired legs.

I belted in this morning too so if anyone fancies scalping an old fella in Wiltshire I am officially promising myself a very quiet pootle home tonight !!

:D:D:D
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Rich158
    Think I'm going to have to defer the 1500 til July though I suspect I'll be frustratingly close this month. I'm going to be on 1000 by the end of the week but I've got quite a few meetings arranged in the final week of the month (bad planning I know) and I need to start tapering down for the Dragon as well.

Pah you're all going soft :wink: Tapering for the Dragon already, sounds like a poor excuse to me, that's still 3 weeks way

It was never like this in my day :roll:

Revised FCN - 2