Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I hate you all top 100...

I'm gonna have to do a single 50-80 mile day just to bounce up enough to be safely inside even with my commute. Gits.

It's simple

MTFU
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    I was doing pretty well with May. And now I have an evil lurgy of doom. Arse. Now debating whether hacking cough will have subsided sufficiently to allow me to undertake the Cornwall Tor on Sunday or whether I'd be better off with R&R.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Clever Pun wrote:
    I hate you all top 100...

I'm gonna have to do a single 50-80 mile day just to bounce up enough to be safely inside even with my commute. Gits.

It's simple

MTFU

Tis all true - but I shall accept it as Monkey the Fuck Up and will of course oblige :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Clever Pun
    I was doing pretty well with May. And now I have an evil lurgy of doom. ars*. Now debating whether hacking cough will have subsided sufficiently to allow me to undertake the Cornwall Tor on Sunday or whether I'd be better off with R&R.

go out and do some gentle rides... it'll help *ahem* move thing along

your energy levels will be down so a shedload of hills might not be the best idea
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I was doing pretty well with May. And now I have an evil lurgy of doom. ars*. Now debating whether hacking cough will have subsided sufficiently to allow me to undertake the Cornwall Tor on Sunday or whether I'd be better off with R&R.

Take it easy Liv no point prolonging your illness for the sake of one more sportive.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clever Pun
    People don't seem to be updating as much atm... I'm not sure if I'm making ground up or about to be crushed by a weekly update?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    OK, that's it I'm officially taking myself out of the ring. I've decided on a far more focussed approach to my training rather than just banging out the miles at a relatively low intensity.

Good luck to y'all, especially those nutters after the 1500 mile month :shock:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Clever Pun
    Rich158 wrote:
    OK, that's it I'm officially taking myself out of the ring. I've decided on a far more focussed approach to my training rather than just banging out the miles at a relatively low intensity.

but you'll still be competing with the plebs at 20+ :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Rich158 wrote:

:? *scrolls halfway up the page* Nutter ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • jonginge
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:

but you'll still be competing with the plebs at 20+ :lol:
    Oi!

No, wait, fair point
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Rich158
    mmmmm, I know I've made some bold claims, but the stats are just too much of a temptation to put in silly mileage :oops: I've just had a properly structured training plan from one of the cat 1 guys in my club, and it's time to remove the temptation. Sometimes I'm just a danger to myself :oops:

The reality is I want my Cat 3 license too much, and really fancy seeing if I can have a crack at Cat 2. The next thing you know I'll be shaving my legs :roll:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • jonginge
    Would be interested to see that plan :)

I'm no Brian Boitano, though...
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    edited May 2010
    Structured training stinks of trying an as for cat 2 license well that should carry an SCR penalty :lol:

Edit: I may also be following a training plan :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Rich158
    I'll bring it along on Saturday. It's not super detailed but makes interesting reading, especially with regard to tapering, which is something I never really understood.

Revised FCN - 2
  • Rich158
    itboffin wrote:
    Structured training stinks of trying an as for cat 2 license well that should carry an SCR penalty :lol:

Fortunately I don't ever get involved in any SCR action in my neck of the woods south of the river. If I ever manage to move up to the big smoke and change jobs I will however offer up my scalp on the Embankment :wink:

Beware of training plans, it's oddly addictive, and contagious. You'll be cutting back the beer intake next :shock:

Revised FCN - 2
  • Clever Pun
    Woah there... lets not let this get out of hand
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • itboffin
    Rich158 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Fortunately I don't ever get involved in any SCR action in my neck of the woods south of the river. If I ever manage to move up to the big smoke and change jobs I will however offer up my scalp on the Embankment :wink:

Beware of training plans, it's oddly addictive, and contagious. You'll be cutting back the beer intake next :shock:

Yep enforced rest days, eating balanced meals and watching the booze
  • Rich158
    itboffin wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Yep enforced rest days, eating balanced meals and watching the booze

Nah I find trying to watch it as the glass empties makes me go cross eyed :?

Revised FCN - 2
  • itboffin
    by balanced diet I mean curry and red meat :roll:
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    just put in my miles for the week and im upto 8th :)

Im looking to get as many miles as possible this year, looking to lose weight and already lost a stone since feb

next year i think ill reduce the mileage a little and focus on more specific training. raising money for charity which is spuring me on to do lots of miles

hopefully get the 1500 next month as lots of oppurtunity for miles :)

1.4 miles away from overtaking itboffin, do i go out on the bike now?

another question, why isnt DDD in the stats table, thought it would have been up his street
  • itboffin
    andy83 wrote:
    1.4 miles away from overtaking itboffin, do i go out on the bike now?

It would be WRONG if you didn't :lol:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    andy83 wrote:
    another question, why isnt DDD in the stats table, thought it would have been up his street

Now there is a question that warrants its own thread....... :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Davis - PM for you (soon).
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Rich158 wrote:
    mmmmm, I know I've made some bold claims, but the stats are just too much of a temptation to put in silly mileage :oops: I've just had a properly structured training plan from one of the cat 1 guys in my club, and it's time to remove the temptation. Sometimes I'm just a danger to myself :oops:

The reality is I want my Cat 3 license too much, and really fancy seeing if I can have a crack at Cat 2. The next thing you know I'll be shaving my legs :roll:
    And so it came to pass. Rich has asked to be excused boots from the Stats League, so a lot of us have just gained a place without moving an inch. Rich158 is no more.

Thanks Rich - some sterling and startling mileages in there. Enjoy the proper training.
  • Rich158
    Cheers Chris, I hate to do it, but I really am a danger to myself as ITB knows :wink: The bugger had me nearly killing myself on the aptly named Cumbrian Killer :shock:

The tartan rug and slippers are just round the corner I feel :shock:

Revised FCN - 2
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    There are no doubt still plenty in the league who have structured training plans?

Not sure where I fit in - I don't have time to chase the miles and effectively have 4 rest days a week. However I do harbour dreams of racing and would like to become a 3rd cat. The reality however is that I'm not as good as I like to think I am! :lol:
    Still breathing.....
  • There is nothing wrong with mileage if what you're training for involves long distances.

You don't run marathons without doing a couple of 20 milers.

On the other hand there is no sense doing lots of mileage if your objectives are shorter faster performances. Nothing wrong with either approach.

I'm following a plan, albeit a pretty demanding one. There are LSRs as there would be in marathon training and there are very hard, very intense intervals (mostly hilly) and tough tempo rides.

And it's working. I wouldn't have dreamed of being able to cover 100 miles at 18mph this time last year.

I know we have a bit of banter on here but the reality is I'm not competing with anyone other than myself : I'm still trying to find my limits and push them as much as I can.

Plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead.
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Rich158
    hambones wrote:
    There are no doubt still plenty in the league who have structured training plans?

Not sure where I fit in - I don't have time to chase the miles and effectively have 4 rest days a week. However I do harbour dreams of racing and would like to become a 3rd cat. The reality however is that I'm not as good as I like to think I am! :lol:

+1, I probably fall into that category. I know I can average 19-20mph over 80-100 miles depending upon the terrain, my main goal is crti racing this season and thereafter proper road races, something like the SERRL.

Unfortunately I know I'm unable to ignore the table and look at it as just a record of my mileage, maybe it's the competetive side of me that says I have to be at the top. It's just a question of removing the temptation to up my mileage in favour of something more structured. I'll always rise to a silly challenge, that's just me unfortunately

Revised FCN - 2
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    I bet you add yourself back in in October.....with a shed load of miles :wink:
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    Rolf F wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

Now there is a question that warrants its own thread....... :wink:

Might start one with a poll lol

would the fact that he wouldnt be happy unless he was at the top be a factor

anyway who the hell is pangolin doing 88 mile round trip commutes

Rich I got all confused when i saw I had moved up a place but now I know why. I think im going to only be on the stats table this year, want to train properly next year but will be focussed to much on climbing the table so prob best to avoid it all together

Just checked and my WTD was different to my own records, just checked and I put the same journey in twice so its now deleted, got over exicted I was up to 5th :(