Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    itboffin wrote:
    Its been four days since i last rode a bike and i like it :-)

Mmmm nice warm comfy leather seat of my car this morning was simply delightful as was the extra time in bed, not having to haul a masshoof ruck sack of clothes, food etc. Finally sitting on the train clean n dry with no fear of someone damaging the paintwork on my bike.

:-)

+1 :lol:

The stats are taking a back seat now in favour of properly focussed training. I've decided that quality not quantity is the key. Good luck fighting it out at the top Will & Runningman, I'm going to withdraw from this race gracefully
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    I can't handle the pace so I'm quitting

I see what you're doing there R158. Concentrate on the speed so that you can fit more miles into the time available.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Belated Happy Birthday Stats. This thread has babbled along for a year now - 28th April it started, 13th May when Stats became a web page (see bottom of page 10 of this thread).

I'm bored with looking after SC Stats now. It needs tarting up a bit for a start to be more inviting (always has done), and it could probably offer a lot more that others amongst you would be more willing to spend time doing, things like graphs, more personalised views of the data etc.

So - if anyone's keen to rewrite stats and host it you're welcome to it. You'll need a spare domain, probably a database of some form or use XML if you prefer, and not much more. I'll provide the user-base and legacy data in a convenient form - CSV, flat text files, whatever once you're in a position to accept it.

There's no rush - the current domain isn't about to expire or anything like that. I've just got past the point where I want to spend my spare time fiddling about with it.

PM me if you want to take it on (or if you've already done it and it's ready to go 8) ) and I'll notice after a day or two probably. Or just respond to this. I'll more likely see that. Likewise if you know someone who fancies a challenge and a bit of kudos for running the Stats pages. The word's full of eager young pups willing to do something like this.

Cheers.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    CiB wrote:
    So - if anyone's keen to rewrite stats and host it you're welcome to it. You'll need a spare domain, probably a database of some form or use XML if you prefer, and not much more. I'll provide the user-base and legacy data in a convenient form - CSV, flat text files, whatever once you're in a position to accept it.

I might take a look at this. I presume there wouldn't be a massive community uproar with CiB exporting the data from the existing stats page, correct?

I guess it would need all existing features -- are there any others people are desperate for?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • CiB
    Don't ask for feature suggestions - you'll be bombarded. :)
  • davis
    Bugger. Should've predicted that.
  • CiB
    Try reading back through this thread if you want to see some of the more outlandish suggestions. Madness, utter madness some of em.
  • R_T_A
    R_T_A Posts: 488
    Will I be the first to say....

Fanx CiB

Even though you've screwed the stats to make me plummet down the table this year*, all the effort is appreciated.

@davis: are you going to be our bunny? :twisted:

*Hi there - just made you read tiny text.
    Giant Escape R1
    FCN 8
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    - Terry Pratchett.
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    I agree, great work CIB, a true gent for creating and running the stats page

I sadly know nothing about hosting stats etc so will concider myself out.

However if someone does take it on, I think it is spot on how its is, easy to use, reliable, and gives more than enough information :D wouldn't want to see it getting to complicated with too much data - my thoughts anyway

on another note, and I know its soooo last month but hit 3k today, whoop de whoop
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    will3 wrote:
    I can't handle the pace so I'm quitting

I see what you're doing there R158. Concentrate on the speed so that you can fit more miles into the time available.

I could be bluffing though.................

but then again maybe not..............

only I will ever know 8)

ITB's too old to handle the pace, his knees can't take it :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    Not only have I been forced into the unhealthy commuting option of using the car for the first time this year...

...but I compounded the unhealthiness by eating a whole giant bag of toffee popcorn on the way home too!!!!!!!!!!!! burp!
    Still breathing.....
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Hey hambones how did the trip to the hospital go?

@will3 i think you'll find a number of us on here will be following rich & myself in the quality miles training etc over the next few months, keep an eye on the sportive & ride reports threads ;-)

Oooow its so clicky in here :-)

I power pootled across london tonight carry a large rucksack, sporting a odd stiff neck stance very danagerous it was too, physio for me tomorrow :(
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    gert_lush wrote:
    I agree, great work CIB, a true gent for creating and running the stats page

+1. Chapeau, CiB.
    I sadly know nothing about hosting stats etc so will concider myself out.

+1 again. I didn't understand a word of CiB's post after "I'm bored with Stats".

@ITB - ahem, I think you'll find I was the first to declare my intention to focus more on quality than quality i.e. throw in the towel. :wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    @cjcp were your ears burning today? The lurked and I were talking about you... All good stuff.... Honest :evil:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    itboffin wrote:
    @cjcp were your ears burning today? The lurked and I were talking about you... All good stuff.... Honest :evil:

:wink:

Work going a bit mental recently.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    CiB wrote:
    Belated Happy Birthday Stats. This thread has babbled along for a year now - 28th April it started, 13th May when Stats became a web page (see bottom of page 10 of this thread).

I'm bored with looking after SC Stats now. It needs tarting up a bit for a start to be more inviting (always has done), and it could probably offer a lot more that others amongst you would be more willing to spend time doing, things like graphs, more personalised views of the data etc.

There's no rush - the current domain isn't about to expire or anything like that. I've just got past the point where I want to spend my spare time fiddling about with it.

PM me if you want to take it on (or if you've already done it and it's ready to go 8) ) and I'll notice after a day or two probably. Or just respond to this. I'll more likely see that. Likewise if you know someone who fancies a challenge and a bit of kudos for running the Stats pages. The word's full of eager young pups willing to do something like this.

Cheers.

If you're keen to lose it, I don't mind picking it up.

That said, spare hacking time isn't exactly plentiful right now - particularly with the onset of better weather!
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I'll throw my hat into the ring as well.
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    itboffin wrote:
    Hey hambones how did the trip to the hospital go?

Thankfully nothing broken, just soft tissue damage. Actually the knee is coming along quite well what with plenty of physio etc.

Unfortunately my bodged attempt at diy stitching to my arm has led to an infection so I'm on antibiotics for that now!

I'm tempted to go for a gentle spin before the weekend although the better half might have something to say about THAT! :P
    Still breathing.....
  • itboffin
    suzyb wrote:
    I'll throw my hat into the ring as well.

DENIED get back out there young lady.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    hambones wrote:
    Unfortunately my bodged attempt at diy stitching to my arm has led to an infection so I'm on antibiotics for that now!

You attempted your own stitches?!

That's proper hardcore.
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    Clever Pun wrote:
    didn't lose as much distance as I anticipated... thanks bad weather

Glad i live in birmingham, managed to get a fair few miles in over bank holiday weekend :)
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    andy83 wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    didn't lose as much distance as I anticipated... thanks bad weather

Glad i live in birmingham, managed to get a fair few miles in over bank holiday weekend :)

I worked most of the weekend so clocked up two commutes, rather wet one on sunday though!
  • davis
    Hmmmm. Attempting a Mille Miglia Maggio is beginning to tell already. Stretching it is, then.
  • +1 for thanks to CiB :

Top job fella : without the motivation of the stats I'd be sitting quietly somewhere, probably in the sun, on a beach, surrounded by beautiful countryside with nothing but the sound of waves gently lapping on the shore to disturb the perfect silence.......

Hmm : on 2nd thoughts I can't wait to see the back of you :wink:
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    great work CiB

however as previously mentioned without it today I would be relaxing at home as got day off cos feeling little under the weather, but no, i feel it my duty to go out to add miles!

my rest days now only happen when they are enforced by other arrangements!
  • itboffin
    +1 for thanks to CiB :

Top job fella : without the motivation of the stats I'd be sitting quietly somewhere, probably in the sun, on a beach, surrounded by beautiful countryside with nothing but the sound of waves gently lapping on the shore to disturb the perfect silence.......

Hmm : on 2nd thoughts I can't wait to see the back of you :wink:

Hey you doing the C&D Wheelers Audax this weekend?
  • @itb :

Yep : definitely. I'm planning to ride the 10 miles over to the meet at the car park in Chippenham by about 8.30-8.45 to sign up and then take it fairly steady as I want to do an extended route home to make it up to the 120 for the day if I can.

You planning a quiet ride or are you after a fast one?
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • itboffin
    @itb :

Yep : definitely. I'm planning to ride the 10 miles over to the meet at the car park in Chippenham by about 8.30-8.45 to sign up and then take it fairly steady as I want to do an extended route home to make it up to the 120 for the day if I can.

You planning a quiet ride or are you after a fast one?

That depends i've just been to the physio who's diagnosed a twisted c6 vertebra with some nice bit of nerve trapping for good measure, thanks to her magic hands much of that is now better, does mean that I need to rest and heat the muscles for the rest of the week, leaving me free to power pootle this weekend, hopefully :D

My tourer & commuter rear wheels are both in the LBS for repairs, so that leaves me with the road, still best not to over do it.

Steady is the order of the day I think.

PS. Looks wet and windy on Sunday, perfect Wilts weather :lol:
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    itboffin wrote:
    Boooooo! Got a sportive on sunday :(
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    JonGinge wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Boooooo! Got a sportive on sunday :(

SWRC p-chance!?!