Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Torn between training for the Etape and wanting to sneak up the stats page.... but both mean that tonight I will be heading south from work instead of the homeward north direction.... Lovely ride along the Clyde, past the very quiet Glasgow Airport and accross the Erskine Bridge, maybe even taking in the Khyber Pass (no, not the one in Pakistan) 28 miles home instead of 7.5....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    itboffin wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    PS. Looks wet and windy on Sunday, perfect Wilts weather :lol:
    Boooooo! Got a sportive on sunday :(

SWRC p-chance!?!
    yep. 100miles+ with the ride there and back
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • @itb :

Sorry to hear about C6 : the metal plate in my spine is at C6 / C7 so I do know how painful it can be.

Give me a bell or drop me a line if you do decide to do Chipp Audax.
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JonGinge wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

SWRC p-chance!?!

I'd pay good money for warm temps on Sunday.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    itboffin wrote:
    That depends i've just been to the physio who's diagnosed a twisted c6 vertebra with some nice bit of nerve trapping for good measure

What were the symptoms? I.e. what drove you to go to a physio? My neck's hurting like a painful thing made of ouch.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    davis wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    That depends i've just been to the physio who's diagnosed a twisted c6 vertebra with some nice bit of nerve trapping for good measure

What were the symptoms? I.e. what drove you to go to a physio? My neck's hurting like a painful thing made of ouch.

Yep that'll do it.

I assume you've already tried heat and anti inflammatory drugs?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    itboffin wrote:
    davis wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Yep that'll do it.

I assume you've already tried heat and anti inflammatory drugs?

Heat, no, Ibuprofen yes. I may have to make an appointment. Le sigh.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Pondering how to extend my route home now to get some more leg miles in...

Either king + new king and then up fulham palace road which isn't pretty or go onto Barnes and then up and over hamm bridge. That 2nd route brings me close to RP - something I haven't yet done... I fear for my free time once I broach that circle of training. :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • itboffin
    Update: Stiff neck is now accompanied by frequent nose bleeds :?

I'm a mess :cry:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Jeez what's happening dude, you're falling apart :shock: Hope you're OK mate, take it easy for a bit
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • itboffin
    Rich158 wrote:
    Jeez what's happening dude, you're falling apart :shock: Hope you're OK mate, take it easy for a bit

Sitting at work yesterday my nose starts dripping blood, for no reason, then again last night and again this morning. NHS direct recon it's because of the sinus cold thingy I had a few weeks back.

Feeling pretty down in the dumps although that could be because i've not ridden my bike this week :( and not slept for more than a couple of hours at a time :cry:
  • @itb : take care fella :

Might be worth having your blood pressure checked just to be on the safe side ...
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Okey-cokey. Those good people who expressed an interest in taking Stats off me, see your PM box. I'll see if I can judge who gets the hospital pass. :wink:
  • and 4000 comes and goes ...
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    A new bout of sore throat and ears and blocked up sinuses put paid to my ambitious cycling plans this week. Could hardly put a pedal forward on Wednesday I felt so weak. Good to see so many others are suffering though :wink:

still managed 142 - with tomorrow and Monday still to go. Cycled from Plymouth to Okehampton the long way round then back via Peter Tavy and Merrivale. Lots of off-road. Absolutely exhausted. :D
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JonGinge wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

SWRC p-chance!?!
    Had to bail on the sportive due to work commitments. I managed a trip to RP a bit later in the day, though. 6 laps in 1hr 52mins. Get in. The first lap I was chatting to one biondino, too. Very happy. Lower back got sore from lap 4 onwards. Must do some core work
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Porgy
    Have regained my strength it seems. Headed out towards the east at lunchtime - a quick run to Bigbury, then took the picutresque route to Salcombe, Kinsbridge, Slapton Sands, then back to Plymouth.

Total = 71 miles, my biggest ride of the year so far - and it includes Devon hills - so noone can complain - those 71 miles were proper 71 miles!! 8)
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,608
    Started London to Edinburgh on 1st May, finished on the 7th. 511 miles in total, has jumped me up about 20 places! May have to attempt 1000 for the month now as I've done over half in the first week...
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • I'm back from my travels and see I I've only dropped around 20 places which doesn't seem to bad at all. I think the unpacking and mail sifting can wait as it's quite nice outside although a good 20 degrees cooler than what I have enjoyed recently. Also on the plus side, I've lost half a stone, happy days.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    pangolin wrote:
    Started London to Edinburgh on 1st May, finished on the 7th. 511 miles in total, has jumped me up about 20 places! May have to attempt 1000 for the month now as I've done over half in the first week...

Lol - I saw you at the top of the pile for miles in the week and looked at your entries. I feared for all of us above you when I saw you were recording over 80 miles per day as a commute...... :shock: :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    and 4000 comes and goes ...

Great work dude, on target for over 10k in year!!!!

Had a bit of a lax week last week, think April took it out of me!
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    pangolin wrote:

....practice for the LEL 2013?? :D
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,608
    Rolf F wrote:
    Lol - I saw you at the top of the pile for miles in the week and looked at your entries. I feared for all of us above you when I saw you were recording over 80 miles per day as a commute...... :shock: :lol:

The speed I was going what with panniers and northerly headwind all week - it wouldn't have left much time in the office!
    gert_lush wrote:
    ....practice for the LEL 2013??

It was the 2005 LEL route that I followed actually! Couple of minor amendments to find accomodation but mostly the same. Though the longest time you can take is 4 days 20 hours I think. A lot more practice needed before that's a possibility.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Cracking ride Sunday on the club 150 km Audax.

As predicted it was a series of 20 mile sprints between cafe stops.

Unfortunately there were no cafe stops ..... :roll:

My muscles felt like they were being torn off sinew by sinew, strand by strand but it really was great fun and we had a good group all working hard together.

Did 113 including the ride over and home.
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Oh and you'll have worked out that I couldn't go to Amsterdam for the start of the Giro which really ticked me off :(

Loads of work committments got in the way ... one day ... :roll:
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Nice one Pangolin!

Tomorrow the road bike will make it's first appearance of 2010 :D
  • Porgy
    Whoever's in charge now - something weird's going on in the stats. I'm showing 740 total for the week and yet all my other stats - monthly and year to date are all correct.

Wha's happening? :?
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Sorted. There were a few of us showing high totals for the week. Not a problem. Nothing to see here, move along everyone.

8)
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    ooohhhh just added up my potential mileage for June :shock:

Looks like the 1500 could be on, so far I've got the Dragon, the Magnificat and a London - Paris jaunt planned, that's c750 before I've even started the commute :lol: . I've worked out with commuting days there's another 700'ish, plus races @ 1 a week adds another 120 miles, and Thursday club runs could creep up to another 160'ish, could the 2k be on I wonder
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    I hate you all top 100...

I'm gonna have to do a single 50-80 mile day just to bounce up enough to be safely inside even with my commute. Gits.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]