Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    It's over i'm off to the pub 8)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    itboffin wrote:
    It's over i'm off to the pub 8)

excellent work sir, chapeau. thats 6 of us over the mighty 1k for the month :D
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I'm pleased with the way I've been ramping it up a bit every month - and always feeling I could have done more if I'd been a bit less lazy.

Still - over 700 now and setting the scene for May's 8 or 900.

no pub for me though - thanks to mr taxman digging too deep into my salary two months running - I'm skint.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Mate of mine has just moved house; his monthly commute is now 1100 miles and he lives within spitting distance of Box Hill. Cycling heaven.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Epic rain on the way home, utterly soaked.
    And another spoke ripped assunder. Grrr

BMCA, I think you're madder than me :lol:

BTW there's a new ML below Gadge's erm, fetish ones,...... over to you Mcmullej, feel free to add any that fit
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    itboffin wrote:
    Blimey 3 visits last night and one again just now, I thought I'd treat myself by riding sans rucksack you know to finish the month off in style - FAIL!!!

I hit the 17 ml mark well up on 20 mph avg turn the corner to yet another Flint and gravel covered lane completely miss the fooking boulder that proceeds to tear an inch hole in the front wheel :shock:

my roadside mechnics-foo is frankly awesome, any pro teams out there looking for a man that can change a tyre faster than an F1 pit crew.... Look no further!

Now then what tyres shall I try next?

Schwalbe Durano Pluses
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • bmca2010
    bmca2010 Posts: 54
    will3 wrote:
    Epic rain on the way home, utterly soaked.
    And another spoke ripped assunder. Grrr

BMCA, I think you're madder than me :lol:

BTW there's a new ML below Gadge's erm, fetish ones,...... over to you Mcmullej, feel free to add any that fit

its all good dude, got hit with some brutal hailstones this evening, cant beat it :D
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Blimey 3 visits last night and one again just now, I thought I'd treat myself by riding sans rucksack you know to finish the month off in style - FAIL!!!

I hit the 17 ml mark well up on 20 mph avg turn the corner to yet another Flint and gravel covered lane completely miss the fooking boulder that proceeds to tear an inch hole in the front wheel :shock:

my roadside mechnics-foo is frankly awesome, any pro teams out there looking for a man that can change a tyre faster than an F1 pit crew.... Look no further!

Now then what tyres shall I try next?

Schwalbe Durano Pluses

Fitted the conti hardshell on the front yesterday, noooooo grip at all - not helped by the strong winds but first impressions are not good I feel the wheel slipping all over the place :(
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Right then who's up for 1000 in May ....? :roll:
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    itboffin wrote:

My planned 70-80 miler was curtailed by a fall this morning. Holding a steady 23-24 in 2-up TT stylee I hit some oil on the slightest of bends and came a cropper. I fell to the left, bike flew off to the right, my mate brilliantly avoiding both by inches. Shook me up quite a bit and decided to head back home.

Left knee very sore and swollen now and I have a cut on my left elbow which a neighbour has kindly treated to avoid a trip to A&E. The wife wasn't best pleased as we are going away for the weekend!

So no more miles til Tuesday....
    Still breathing.....
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    itboffin wrote:

Ill have a go

did want 1500 but not sure ill get there, Think ill aim for 1300 this month, little more doable me thinks

nothing to do with the fact I could hardly wake up this morning and went the short way which is only usually used when i go hom on my break, not happy

I will punish myself with at least 60 tomorrow :)
  • gert_lush
    hambones wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

My planned 70-80 miler was curtailed by a fall this morning. Holding a steady 23-24 in 2-up TT stylee I hit some oil on the slightest of bends and came a cropper. I fell to the left, bike flew off to the right, my mate brilliantly avoiding both by inches. Shook me up quite a bit and decided to head back home.

Left knee very sore and swollen now and I have a cut on my left elbow which a neighbour has kindly treated to avoid a trip to A&E. The wife wasn't best pleased as we are going away for the weekend!

So no more miles til Tuesday....

Sorry to hear about that, sounds like a pretty nasty fall, good jobs nothing broken though.
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • gert_lush
    Thought I should start off May the same way I started off April, so a century it is then :roll: Good old north Somerset hills to test me yet again!
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • cjcp
    @Hambones - ouch! Glad A&E wasn't necessary. And chicks digs scars :wink: .
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    I have spoken too soon! Unable to walk or bend the knee. Heading off to hospital. Somehow I don't think I will be fit for the race I was hoping to do on Tuesday! :-(
    Still breathing.....
  • itboffin
    hambones wrote:
    I have spoken too soon! Unable to walk or bend the knee. Heading off to hospital. Somehow I don't think I will be fit for the race I was hoping to do on Tuesday! :-(

Crap hope it's all okay matey.
  • cjcp
    itboffin wrote:
    hambones wrote:

Crap hope it's all okay matey.

+1.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • will3
    itboffin wrote:

That's soo last month.
    It's 1500 now.

Although I've come to the conclusion that just coz something's possible, doesn't make it worth doing. We'll see
  • will3
    Hambones that sucks, hope it's just bruising etc.
    Tis always the way though, worse in the morning.
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    will3 wrote:
    That's soo last month. It's 1500 now.

Wait 'til the last week of June...

'As there's an extra day next month - who's up for a two thousand mile attempt' :)
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    54 miles for the day, quite windy so pleased with that

I think I need to stop looking at the table, watched weather today and smiled in glee when saw it was due for heavy rain in london all day, knowing most of you lot are down sarf all I could think was not many will be getting miles in today

well thats my hope, finally broke into top 10 but over 100 miles off the next spot :shock:
  • cjcp
    I rode to Majestic Wines and back. Less than a mile, but, hey, it all counts, right? :mrgreen:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    cjcp wrote:
    I rode to Majestic Wines and back. Less than a mile, but, hey, it all counts, right? :mrgreen:

Yup, I logged .73 miles from yesterday (Southend front to the station). There was another 60 odd miles to include from various places, but no point missing anything out.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • cjcp
    StuAff wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Yup, I logged .73 miles from yesterday (Southend front to the station). There was another 60 odd miles to include from various places, but no point missing anything out.

Hmmm. 0.7 miles is about right. I can't claim to have done another 60 miles, though. 60 *units* this afternoon, yes, but not miles. :D

Hic.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    Fleeting moment of joy - I've done more miles than Running Man this month!!!

I feel sure the natural order of things will be restored tomorrow but just wanted to share my glee!
  • gert_lush
    Fleeting moment of joy - I've done more miles than Running Man this month!!!

I feel sure the natural order of things will be restored tomorrow but just wanted to share my glee!

Great work LL you are indeed trailblazing the way for May....1000 miles then :wink:
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • itboffin
    Its been four days since i last rode a bike and i like it :-)

Mmmm nice warm comfy leather seat of my car this morning was simply delightful as was the extra time in bed, not having to haul a masshoof ruck sack of clothes, food etc. Finally sitting on the train clean n dry with no fear of someone damaging the paintwork on my bike.

:-)
  • Well done London Livvy : still top of the "miles this week" pile!!
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • coopster_the_1st
    coopster_the_1st Posts: 5,158
    A few firsts for me over the weekend.

Managed to crawl over the 1000 miles YTD. I know this is nothing compared to you abnormal people :wink: but this is more than double the miles I did last year.

Got my first metric century in, 111km to be exact. Tired today after doing that yesterday.

Next target for me is 500 or 600 miles in a month and to catch and pass Redvee now I am fit again!
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    didn't lose as much distance as I anticipated... thanks bad weather
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14