Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• mcmullej
    mcmullej Posts: 136
    gert_lush wrote:
    mcmullej wrote:
    "batshit insane" ..... aahh - that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me :roll:

Meant it in the nicest possible way ;-)

I do have a certain understanding of the allure of this thing.

you've been very quiet so far this year mcmullej, after storming away the title last year i expected you to be leading the way again this year! :D

My kilometerage is up this year. By about 10%

It's just all these batshit-insane nutters.... These mentalists with nothing else in their lives. Hollow, desperate people. Fixated day after day on the glory of SC Stats. Just can't understand the appeal anymore.

Ahem.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    I went to log my miles today then remembered I didn't cycle :cry:

Oh no :(

:twisted:

I knew this in advance... hence the crackers miles on tuesday. Got a gig tonight and I want to see the band on first, it's too tricky to get home first... did not enjoy the train even though my legs were greatful

I hope it rains in devon for you :lol:

Anyone who's been on Dartmoor for more than a couple of hours will know that the weather will almost certainly change several times while you're there - involving rain, mist, hail or snow and if you're lucky, some sun 8) :D
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    mcmullej wrote:
    gert_lush wrote:
    mcmullej wrote:
    "batshit insane" ..... aahh - that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me :roll:

Meant it in the nicest possible way ;-)

I do have a certain understanding of the allure of this thing.

you've been very quiet so far this year mcmullej, after storming away the title last year i expected you to be leading the way again this year! :D

My kilometerage is up this year. By about 10%

It's just all these batshit-insane nutters.... These mentalists with nothing else in their lives. Hollow, desperate people. Fixated day after day on the glory of SC Stats. Just can't understand the appeal anymore.

Ahem.

Yeah, what a lot of crazy bas****s, anyone in the top 10 should get a life :roll: :D
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Porgy wrote:

Anyone who's been on Dartmoor for more than a couple of hours will know that the weather will almost certainly change several times while you're there - involving rain, mist, hail or snow and if you're lucky, some sun 8) :D

I grew up in Okehampton I know damned well you'll get wet :lol:

used to cycle on the moor on my bmx, great fun...wrecked many a bike trying stupid jumps
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    I got lost somewhere near Princetown in really thick fog a few years ago which is quite impressive because there's only about 2 roads around there! Love Dartmoor, one minute glorious, next minute in fog hiding behind a tor in case a beast comes and chases you
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    edited April 2010
    Mmmmh BMCA2010 now let me think..!
    If that is who I think it is, thanks for the tow around the park tonight, shall repay the favour sometime ;)

lurker!!!!

Edit: nope false alarm not him
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    Is it really wrong I left work and it was raining, got home and fed the animals and thought "ah well girlfriend out, im already soaked" so I decided to go out again for extra miles knowing it would push me into top 10.

this stats table has seriously took over my life, hang on I have no life :)
  • itboffin
    Mmmmmm i'm very sus of Rich's 1000.4 miles I dont think his cycle comp is that accurate that he/we can rely on 1000.4 actually being enough to qualify for April...

:twisted:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    900 mark for the month in sight :shock:

Can't see me doing the same next month though, as all my freetime is booked for diving or children. :(
  • bmca2010
    bmca2010 Posts: 54
    will3

bout ye

being luking about for a while, found the forerunner again so might as well stat cloking the miles for the crack
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    salsajake wrote:
    Well tonight I will break through the 600 for the month. Very pleased at that.
    Had hoped for 500 per month, so its good to beat it. Target for May must be 700.

I thought you would be going for more than 500 given your aspirations for overall contention last year, or are you still suffering from your injury? I don't think I will be able to stay ahead of you much longer though if you are upping things to 700 a month!

Aspirations for a top place last year were based on what people were posting then. 500 a month last year would have been contending for a top 10 place, but it is a whole new ball game this year, and I have adjusted my hopes accordingly. I will just be happy to try and get up to an average of 500, though the injury hampered January and February. Getting into top 40 will be a tall order, but could be achievable. Where in Midlands are you? I was riding in Cannock Chase last weekend.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Clever Pun
    Hmm it's becoming increasingly clear I wont be in the top 10 this year... barring injury or me breaking some legs

boo
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    and there's more! djw92 - did you spend all night adding those stats in one go? :? :D

Found out that my mini pump isn't a pump this morning. Ho hum.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    will3 wrote:
    and there's more! djw92 - did you spend all night adding those stats in one go? :? :D
    Strewf. That amount of input almost merits a change request for a bulk update facility. Good effort there. 8)
  • salsajake
    salsajake Posts: 702
    salsajake wrote:
    Had hoped for 500 per month, so its good to beat it. Target for May must be 700.

I thought you would be going for more than 500 given your aspirations for overall contention last year, or are you still suffering from your injury? I don't think I will be able to stay ahead of you much longer though if you are upping things to 700 a month!

Aspirations for a top place last year were based on what people were posting then. 500 a month last year would have been contending for a top 10 place, but it is a whole new ball game this year, and I have adjusted my hopes accordingly. I will just be happy to try and get up to an average of 500, though the injury hampered January and February. Getting into top 40 will be a tall order, but could be achievable. Where in Midlands are you? I was riding in Cannock Chase last weekend.

my commute is into brum from the west, go up cannock a bit - did you ride the new monkey trail there? If so, any good? Was supposed to go last night but mates cried off sick. Incidentally, how did you overtake me this week despite doing less miles than me this week? Sometimes maths really confuses me!
  • itboffin
    Blimey 3 visits last night and one again just now, I thought I'd treat myself by riding sans rucksack you know to finish the month off in style - FAIL!!!

I hit the 17 ml mark well up on 20 mph avg turn the corner to yet another Flint and gravel covered lane completely miss the fooking boulder that proceeds to tear an inch hole in the front wheel :shock:

my roadside mechnics-foo is frankly awesome, any pro teams out there looking for a man that can change a tyre faster than an F1 pit crew.... Look no further!

Now then what tyres shall I try next?
  • salsajake
    Continental GP 4 season
  • Clever Pun
    tbf itb you have more practice than most, if you weren't lightening quick you'd be missing a hand or part of your brain
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • will3
    itboffin wrote:
    Blimey 3 visits last night and one again just now, I thought I'd treat myself by riding sans rucksack you know to finish the month off in style - FAIL!!!

I hit the 17 ml mark well up on 20 mph avg turn the corner to yet another Flint and gravel covered lane completely miss the fooking boulder that proceeds to tear an inch hole in the front wheel :shock:

my roadside mechnics-foo is frankly awesome, any pro teams out there looking for a man that can change a tyre faster than an F1 pit crew.... Look no further!

Is this the conti speed kings you mentioned some time back?
  • salsajake
    will3 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

aren't they an mtb tyre? 20mph average on an MTB over 17 miles would be going some!
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I'm rapidly going off Continental Tyres, my gatorskins and GP4000 are just cut-up city, and the Ultra Road Races are made of cheese.

Krylion Carbon's on the other hand are excellent.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • will3
    salsajake wrote:
    will3 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

aren't they an mtb tyre? 20mph average on an MTB over 17 miles would be going some!

there's a cx variant. Quite light, but paperbags when it coomes to pumctures.
  • will3
    Asprilla wrote:
    I'm rapidly going off Continental Tyres, my gatorskins and GP4000 are just cut-up city, and the Ultra Road Races are made of cheese.

Krylion Carbon's on the other hand are excellent.

I've had a set of Conti Speed Contacts. They've been absolutely excellent so far.
  • salsajake
    are the mtb speed kings simillarly afflicted?

The only things to come through my Conti GP 4 seasons would have gone through anything I think, in each case (and there is only 4 I think) glass that I have had to pull out of the tyre or, on the one occasion, I hit a square rock which dented the rim and gave me a compression flat. 225g for a 25 section is pretty light too, for a reinforced tyre. Grip in the wet is excellent, but you do pay for it in £££s as they are about £35 each. They are wearing well though after a couple of 1,000 miles
  • itboffin
    Nah these are vittoria pros the speedkings are hopefully for this seasons CX races, I'm riding my blue with ribble at the moment, stiff & heavy is the order of the day, thank god for carbon contact points.

Without stepping up to the next price range ie +£30 I've pretty much done every brand of tyre, the vics are good and I like the high pressure (145) but they've worn heavily in the centre after 2000 mls easy to fit too.

Think I'll stick with those for now, Condor here I come!
  • will3
    salsajake wrote:
    are the mtb speed kings simillarly afflicted?

No idea, never tried them.

My Cx ones weren't too bad until l'd worn the knobbles off (which happened in less than 1000 miles road use). then I had a flat every time it rained.

I'm sure they're lovely for off road stuff, and as I said, quite light, but not a great option on a commuter.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Should we do a sweepstake on what ex pat scot is going to be entering later today. I'll go with 930. That'll knock me further away from theTop 10. :(
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    salsajake wrote:
    salsajake wrote:

my commute is into brum from the west, go up cannock a bit - did you ride the new monkey trail there? If so, any good? Was supposed to go last night but mates cried off sick. Incidentally, how did you overtake me this week despite doing less miles than me this week? Sometimes maths really confuses me!

I was on the roads riding out of Alrewas where my brother lives. Saw the trails and they looked quite busy and decent. I only updated last weeks and the weekend rides stats at the begining of the week, hence the overtake... not maths, just me doing it late!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Yay! Achieved my targets for the month - exceeded 800 miles and beat my last years total mileage (2278) by the end of the first 3rd of the year. I am now on 2309 and just in the top 20. 8)

Did it by a quick run to the bike shop and inadvertently going via Pool (nicely touching 40mph on the MTB going down the bank), then inadvertently on to Almscliffe, then inadvertently on to Kirkby Overblow and then inadvertently on to Wetherby. Eventually got back to the shop in Headingley and didn't buy anything....... :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • salsajake
    Kirkby Overblow is a brilliant name, worth riding to just to see the sign.