Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    You do realise that less than half of us have done more miles than that so far this year
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Attica wrote:
    You do realise that less than half of us have done more miles than that so far this year

How's your race with Stuaff going?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Clever Pun
    Porgy wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    @porgy thats beause cp is better than you - FACT! (does it hurt?)

I'm looking forward to see if he matches the 300 miles I've got planned for next week. 8)

I doubt it, I'm boozing it up at the weekend and eating very well

tonight though I'm going home via biggin hill and redhill... the missus is out and I'm not cycling on thursday. tomorrow will be tough :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Attica wrote:

I'm not racing anyone :wink: Sooner or later, I'll be moving up that table a bit though......
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Attica wrote:

It's NOT a race

He's toast
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    @porgy thats beause cp is better than you - FACT! (does it hurt?)

I'm looking forward to see if he matches the 300 miles I've got planned for next week. 8)

I doubt it, I'm boozing it up at the weekend and eating very well

ha - then we're on different cycles (no pun intended (or there)) I'm just coming off a boozing it up and eating very well period, and now intend to lose a few pounds in the next couple of week. Hopefully I'll knock the mid-week drinking on the head for a while now the dark evenings have gone away.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    StuAff wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Attica wrote:

I'm not racing anyone :wink: Sooner or later, I'll be moving up that table a bit though......
    Dead man's shoes? :shock:

Will be interesting to see who falls by the wayside as the year goes on. I'm a likely candidate during the month of July...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Attica wrote:

some of us will probably not hit that in a year!
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    JonGinge wrote:
    StuAff wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Attica wrote:

Dead man's shoes? :shock:

Will be interesting to see who falls by the wayside as the year goes on. I'm a likely candidate during the month of July...

+1 for Attica's reinforcement that it's not a race. I'm just doing the miles.......

Dead man's shoes? Nope, more a case of knowing I'll be doing some big mileage in the coming months (L2P being the most prominent example) so I should be moving up a bit..
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    StuAff wrote:
    So I should be moving up a bit..

That's what I'm thinking too [mwuh-ha-ha-ha-ha-haa].

Then I just get the feeling that there's no way I can keep up an insane mileage for nine more months and it's probably going to be a real struggle to hang on in there!
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Attica wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Attica wrote:

It's NOT a race

He's toast

Oh be under no illusion it IS a race :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Porgy
    itboffin wrote:
    Attica wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Attica wrote:

It's NOT a race

He's toast

Oh be under no illusion it IS a race :lol:

i saw that coming :D
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    1500 miles?? you have me thinking?

I have slightly missed out on 1000 miles last two months but next is definitely in my sites, just checked rota and only working 14 days in the month and 6 of those I can definitely get 50 mile round trips in, I think its doable. I always need goals and targets and will get my target of 6000 miles in 10 months (currently on track to do it in 6 months) for chairty will help

fancy a challenge running man?

Just asked my girlfriend what she thinks about all my riding the bike etc, she replied "I think your mad!" sums me up completely I think
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    It doesn't look like I'll make my 200 miles this month target :( 65 miles to go, only 3 days and I have a just started a rush project so will have no free time for those 3 days.
  • itboffin
    suzyb wrote:
    It doesn't look like I'll make my 200 miles this month target :( 65 miles to go, only 3 days and I have a just started a rush project so will have no free time for those 3 days.

This is just not acceptable, you must quit your job forthwith, its getting in the way of your stats!
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clever Pun
    andy83 wrote:
    Just asked my girlfriend what she thinks about all my riding the bike etc, she replied "I think your mad!" sums me up completely I think

Mine's mentioned the term 'cycling widow' oh dear

saying that she's out tonight and I cycled 47 miles to get home :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    That's the 1000 for the second month running, time to sit back and have a rest :lol:

Stuaff, I know exactly where you're coming from, I'm just doing the miles and trying to up the intensity. I might even start dropping the miles off a bit in return for a much higher intensity and more recovery time :shock:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Eat my stats CiB, for now at least :?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • itboffin
    Rich158 wrote:
    That's the 1000 for the second month running, time to sit back and have a rest :lol:

Stuaff, I know exactly where you're coming from, I'm just doing the miles and trying to up the intensity. I might even start dropping the miles off a bit in return for a much higher intensity and more recovery time :shock:

Well done sir, I should see you there by Friday then back to sane cycling :wink:
  • Porgy
    Clever Pun wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

For the sake of your relationship, you need to have a few weeks off. Take your girlfriend out a bit more, spend more time with her - she obviously feels a bit neglected at the moment.

Let me worry about being 9th in the SCS - my marriage is already on the rocks - I have nothing to lose.
  • salsajake
    salsajake Posts: 702
    What happened to Oddjob62? He used to be well up there at the start, but hasn't updated for ages and even I may even trump him by the end of the month (and I have only just gone back above average since the cull, I was way ahead of it before the cull - thanks CIB!). Looks like the 2 year fight is back on Ince!
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    dont know if I'm going to make 900 this month :( . Cycling in this morning something went in my lower back; can now only walk stiffly and am in quite a lot of pain.

Getting home tonight could be interesting!
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    itboffin wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

This is just not acceptable, you must quit your job forthwith, its getting in the way of your stats!
    I would but this job will give me some money to spend on more cycling gear. And perhaps even a new bike.
  • Clever Pun
    gbsahne wrote:
    dont know if I'm going to make 900 this month :( . Cycling in this morning something went in my lower back; can now only walk stiffly and am in quite a lot of pain.

sorry to hear that... you rest up, you really can't rush these things
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Porgy wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

For the sake of your relationship, you need to have a few weeks off. Take your girlfriend out a bit more, spend more time with her - she obviously feels a bit neglected at the moment.

Let me worry about being 9th in the SCS - my marriage is already on the rocks - I have nothing to lose.

just came back from a volcano extended holiday...
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • itboffin
    gbsahne wrote:

3 x ibuprofen every 4 hours and rest :wink:

I'm bulk buying these days :?
  • Porgy
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

Well - you need to build on that then. Trust me - less cycling and more quality time with the one you love is the way forward. :wink:
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Porgy wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

Well - you need to build on that then. Trust me - less cycling and more quality time with the one you love is the way forward. :wink:

No, more quality cycling with the one you love is the way forward.
    It's one of the reasons we have a tandem.
  • salsajake
    salsajake Posts: 702
    I'd love to have a go on one of these:

http://www.litespeed.com/images/2008/tandem_bike.jpg
  • GraemeT
    GraemeT Posts: 155
    Do tandem miles count as double or half?
    Just Keep Pedalling