Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Well done RTM.

This is my worst week so far, 20 odd miles. The PF paid a vist this morning too!

I'll be enjoying my eldest sons 21st birthday celebrations this weekend before he goes back to college - I doubt I'll be capable of any cycling.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Attica wrote:
    Just "passed" Oddjob

What's up fella? You not riding this month?

You've got mail :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • GraemeT
    GraemeT Posts: 155
    Had to take the direct route home last night as we were going to a concert. So quite a loss of potential miles. :evil:

Made up for it today though. I cycled to work twice this morning. :roll:

As soon as i got to work I realised i'd left something important at home and had to go straight back for it. :oops:

So all is well :D : enjoyed the concert, made up for the lost miles and my mate has just suggested going mountain biking tonight.

Top 50 by Monday?
    Just Keep Pedalling
  • Benno68 wrote:
    Well done RTM.

This is my worst week so far, 20 odd miles. The PF paid a vist this morning too!

Sorry about that....

NOT. :shock:
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Benno68 wrote:
    Well done RTM.

Sorry about that....

I thought you were grounded. Travelling by pumpkin carriage at the mo?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    JonGinge wrote:
    Benno68 wrote:
    Well done RTM.

Sorry about that....

I thought you were grounded. Travelling by pumpkin carriage at the mo?

I've been putting some offices up in work so the first could of days involved picking up materials and driving around builders merchants etc.

Cycled in yesterday and today but had to rush in so the extended route was a no go.

I'll just have to write off this week.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Woohooooo!!! I'm in 11th place. Just you wait CP - I'll catch you soon, see if I won't. :twisted:
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Kuh eh? Kuh. Some oik added his miles and dropped me a place. Yes you Malstonbury. So I've just had to pop out to verify the reports that the town centre was under 4" of Icelandic volcanic dust. Luckily, it isn't.

2.48 miles, one place regained. Sorted.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    CiB wrote:
    Kuh eh? Kuh. Some oik added his miles and dropped me a place. Yes you Malstonbury. So I've just had to pop out to verify the reports that the town centre was under 4" of Icelandic volcanic dust. Luckily, it isn't.

2.48 miles, one place regained. Sorted.

Nice work CiB, I was just browsing the stats and was wondering why Downwardi hasn't popped out to cover the 1.7 miles between him and a top 99 place.

Oh and ITB, you've got mail right back atcha.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    A slight scenic detour this afternoon. Not large but pretty amusing. Windgather rocks and then the Goyt Valley and Buxton. Very few cars, but several mountain bikes on the Goyt Valley. I now wish that I had bothered to stop for photos. 27 miles and 2500ft.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    itboffin wrote:
    This is just too weird, for the second time now my saddle has moved right back on its rails, both times i didnt notice when taking the bike out if the garage, only whilst riding!

Now either ive started sleep fettling or someone or thing is doing this as a joke!

Its one of you lot i know it...

Dude you need a new seatpost. This kept happening to the Ritchey post on my Focus, the Clamp would just loosen no matter how much force you did it up with - i threw cation to the wind and used my powerdrill to tighten it - still came loose again mid ride...

Tomorrow will see my last bike commute for four weeks. Utterly depressing.

ITB - check that the washers for the bolts are still there. Mine's slipping like a bugger, too. Think it's because of that. Otherwise, go for a Thomson Elite - the Dog's Doo Daas.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    Bolt clamp has split, now replaced with a new carbon seatpost and my selle C2 saddle mmmm comfy :D
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I went another 30 miles ride today. Somehow despite it being a completely different route it ended up being exactly the same distance as last weeks.

And just like last week I had a headwind most of the uphill way home :(
  • I'm out of this for a while.

Had my bike stolen this afternoon...Scott Sub 30 Classic..the little wonkers!

D-Locked to an 8ft tall steel fence. They had to break the fence to take it.

So make sure whatever you lock your bike too is as strong as the lock itself!

Can't believe how calm I am....

Anyways, my next bike will be a roadie and just in time for the summer!
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    suzyb wrote:
    And just like last week I had a headwind most of the uphill way home :(

It's character building

whatever that means :? :lol:
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    Im back from lowestoft and it seems i dont have too much work todo to catch Graham T up again. Oh yeah i have the week of too :twisted: so i will be cruising into the 40's assuming i dont do myself a mischief.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Nice evening for it.
    That's target #2 out of the way 8)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Mid 70s regained, another 54 miles closer to the magical 4 figures :) With a bit of luck I can hit them by payday and earn a reward :D
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    top of the midlanders league :)

hopefully add another 60 odd miles by end of weekend
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    Almost a sense of relief to be finally caught by ITBoffin! :D It's been coming for a while...
    Still breathing.....
  • itboffin
    hambones wrote:
    Almost a sense of relief to be finally caught by ITBoffin! :D It's been coming for a while...

:wink:

Today I did something quite amazing, instead of the 200 mile ride I had planned, yes that 200 miles :shock:

I saw sense and spent the day enjoying the sunshine with my family :roll:

It had nothing to do with the fact that my week long work seminar has been cancelled due to the ash problem and cancelled flights, so common sense kicked in and I'm back to normal plan.
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    itboffin wrote:
    hambones wrote:

:wink:

Today I did something quite amazing, instead of the 200 mile ride I had planned, yes that 200 miles :shock:

I saw sense and spent the day enjoying the sunshine with my family :roll:

It had nothing to do with the fact that my week long work seminar has been cancelled due to the ash problem and cancelled flights, so common sense kicked in and I'm back to normal plan.

...and you call me crazy!!!!! :shock:

although glad you didn't as, i would have felt i needed up my game and get a biggy in as well this year.

me... competitive, no sir
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Gorgeous ride today in the sun, just pootling along after yesterday's 100+day at work effort! Even stopped to have a lie down a few times.
    Somehow, though, the 20 mile ride turned into a 40 - I got lost, or something. :roll:
  • itboffin
    will3 wrote:
    Gorgeous ride today in the sun, just pootling along after yesterday's 100+day at work effort! Even stopped to have a lie down a few times.
    Somehow, though, the 20 mile ride turned into a 40 - I got lost, or something. :roll:

Gotta love those sorts of days, in my daily dash to/from work I often forget just how much fun cycling is and how beautiful Wiltshire is :D

Can't wait for tomorrow :wink:
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    this stupid table,

Felt rubbish today but still felt like had to go out, no breakfast and started to feel it 15 miles in, only 24 miles, but its better than nothing :(

hopefully get some nice long rides in this week. Want 1000 for month but only 10 more cycling days left due to other commitments and 455 miles to do, 46 miles a day, spose its doable, or get my guarenteed 30 in and do a couple of silly rides, maybe thats the best stratergy

I havent just looked at my shift pattern to see when I can get the miles in for the month, honest!
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    itboffin wrote:

When I was at uni a friend did that distance; Preston to Oxford in 10 hours.... there's a target for you to aim for
  • GraemeT
    GraemeT Posts: 155
    mkirby wrote:
    Im back from lowestoft and it seems i dont have too much work todo to catch Graham T up again. Oh yeah i have the week of too :twisted: so i will be cruising into the 40's assuming i dont do myself a mischief.

Oh you think so :?:

I'm at work all week, so lots of motivation to leave early and go cycling :oops:

Are there really no other northerners on here.

i know this is a bit London based, but come on...,
    Just Keep Pedalling
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Apologies to biondino, the miles you gained on me today I snatched back straight away.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    hambones wrote:

Sorry matey that place is MINE :twisted:
  • 104.8 today at an average speed of exactly 18.0 mph : and had plenty left at the end.

Did my bit at the front on the way back though I'll be honest and say I sat mid pack most of the way out. Did the last 20 miles on my own on an extended route back home after the finish to make the 100 and was pleased I held my average pace at 18 mph when it would have been easier to switch off.

Fantastic day and we rode through Longleat :

Back to the joys of the A4 tomorrow ........
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper