Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    I have no motivation to go out on the bike :( whats wrong with me?
  • mkirby wrote:

Hold that thought for a couple more weeks and I should overtake you in the league :)

Getting tired of waiting for HolyBinch to catch up so now looking for targets ahead of me to catch. Redvee is next :twisted: :wink:
  • mkirby
    it is currently 20mph winds again. so im staying in and completing a job application form. Oh the sad sad life i lead.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Damned volcano has put a hole in this months mileage (I'm trying not to think of the wallet right now), I still have 10 days to get to a respectable level...
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Gadge
    Gadge Posts: 135
    Now left LITs rear to Sid and cruising onwards....
    You know the hardest part of a rest day is actually resting....

Resisted temptation this morning, just! but now the wind has dropped and its actually pretty warm, mmmm! :roll:

No, must rest - damn you :twisted:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    i'll rest if you do my miles for me - I need another 20 by end of today please.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Gadge wrote:

I'd delete myself if I knew how, I've completely lapsed... :oops:
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Gadge wrote:

Alternatively, just ride more & get back up the table....you're only 75 places or so behind me!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    StuAff wrote:
    Gadge wrote:

Alternatively, just ride more & get back up the table....you're only 75 places or so behind me!

I've been riding, and doing so more and more now the weather's so nice, I've just been updating the thing at the gym and the garmin thing rather than the stats and it now seems too much hassle to input all the data.
  • stuaff
    StuAff wrote:
    Gadge wrote:

I've been riding, and doing so more and more now the weather's so nice, I've just been updating the thing at the gym and the garmin thing rather than the stats and it now seems too much hassle to input all the data.

Ah...whereas I've been updating the stats, and Dailymile, and Garmin Connect, and Training Centre....still have time for riding though, somehow...
    Updating service is £5 an hour :)
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    StuAff wrote:
    StuAff wrote:
    Gadge wrote:

Ah...whereas I've been updating the stats, and Dailymile, and Garmin Connect, and Training Centre....still have time for riding though, somehow...

Is there a discount if you take your stalking service as well? :P
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • stuaff
    itboffin wrote:
    StuAff wrote:
    StuAff wrote:
    Gadge wrote:

Is there a discount if you take your stalking service as well? :P

Stalking service? No, I've left you with a monopoly on that :wink:
  • mkirby
    no cycling but i made a loaf of bread and a choc cake. Quite a productive day all in all.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Cobblers. First time in ages that I've come striaght in with no added miles, and I find myself 1.1 miles behind Captain Chaos. Looks like a lunchtime excursion is on the cards.

Nice to have hauled in & passed OddJob though. Wonder what's happened to him...
  • @Will3

I'm getting fecked off with this blasted lunchtime sneaking up on people :

Distant sandwich shops : a likely story :wink:
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    @Will3

I'm getting fecked off with this blasted lunchtime sneaking up on people :

Distant sandwich shops : a likely story :wink:

He he.
    Well at least my rides are solo rides - none of this drafting round 80 miles with your club business (or Billy3 no mates as I'm known)

PS I put my cycling shoes back on after getting changed today................
  • Damn and blast you!! :) Find some ill fitting brogues immediately ...

There's an official opening party tonight for my pals at their new Total Fitness shop in Bath and I'm trying to persuade SWMBO that we should go home first and then come back in later to attend (it of course means I can ride home and not lose another 20 miles off my week)

It's just as well I've got a naturally obsessive compulsive nature otherwise this Stats business could be annoying.

As for drafting 80 milers : PAH!!

Oh and just to rub salt in the wound I've been invited on a press trip to the start of the Giro in Amsterdam from the 6th-8th May and I'm just calculating the impact on my mileage before making up my mind ..... :D
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922

Oh and just to rub salt in the wound I've been invited on a press trip to the start of the Giro in Amsterdam from the 6th-8th May and I'm just calculating the impact on my mileage before making up my mind ..... :D

Ride there and back and there won't be a negative impact on the miles. Approx 60 miles from the Hook ferry port plus the miles from Chippenham to Harwich.

The magical four figure total is but a short ride away now :)
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Believe me : I would if I could :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Gadge
    Gadge Posts: 135
    Isn't it about time that we had a stewards enquiry on stats riders whose total miles this year FAR exceeds their recorded individual monthly totals even they go back to Jan!

What's that all about then? :shock:
    andy83 wrote:
    top of the midlanders league :)

hopefully add another 60 odd miles by end of weekend

think I've asked before but where (roughly will do) are you coming from and going to?

Those are monster miles for the midlands, which lets face it, are hillier than most parts darn sarf.
  • I seem to have been removed from the list :(

Haven't been on a bike since early feb but still...
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    It turns out I'm an addict.

I had a days holiday to use so I took two half days so I didn't lose any miles.

And on the second day I took the long way to work via Burton on trent :?

Quite pleased with myself though my longest ever ride, still only 45 miles but still had plenty left in the tank to get home after work and an average speed of 19.2 mph. So in total I did over 100kms yesterday, does it count as a metric century if you go to meetings for 3 hours in the middle instead of a cafe stop?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • holybinch
    holybinch Posts: 417
    mkirby wrote:

Hold that thought for a couple more weeks and I should overtake you in the league :)

Getting tired of waiting for HolyBinch to catch up so now looking for targets ahead of me to catch. Redvee is next :twisted: :wink:

Grrr :evil:

Just can't keep up for the moment, I'm in a state of perpetual fatigue.
    Guess being back on the bike plays its part, and it will get better
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • CiB
    CiB wrote:
    Cobblers. First time in ages that I've come striaght in with no added miles, and I find myself 1.1 miles behind Captain Chaos. Looks like a lunchtime excursion is on the cards.

Nice to have hauled in & passed OddJob though. Wonder what's happened to him...
    Eat my miles Chaos. 8)
  • CiB
    I seem to have been removed from the list :(

Haven't been on a bike since early feb but still...
    It was announced on here a few pages back in big red letters that those who joined up but had since failed to trouble the database with any updates would be removed; it happened a couple of days ago. Add yourself back in with a starting mileage of what you've done so far if you want to rejoin.
  • CiB
    Gadge wrote:
    Isn't it about time that we had a stewards enquiry on stats riders whose total miles this year FAR exceeds their recorded individual monthly totals even they go back to Jan!

What's that all about then? :shock:
    Stats works on a trust basis. If people are claiming that mileage, we trust that they've actually done the miles. No-one would lie to gain places in the table surely. :shock:

<plots means of tracking actual miles by nefarious methods - iphone app, satellite tracking, manservants employed to follow you all around confirming mileages...>
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    salsajake wrote:
    andy83 wrote:
    top of the midlanders league :)

hopefully add another 60 odd miles by end of weekend

think I've asked before but where (roughly will do) are you coming from and going to?

Those are monster miles for the midlands, which lets face it, are hillier than most parts darn sarf.

Na dont think you have asked before, and thanks for the compliment :) im also raising money for chairty by doing 6000 miles by start of august so have got quite addicted in all this mileage

I cycle from kings norton to maypole for work, however the direct route is 4 miles but I go up through earlswood, towards henley, then back down the stratford road through shirley and to the maypole. yes its a very long detour (21 miles in total) but great advantage is if i ever need to get home quick I can do the 4 mile route but try to avoid this and do at least a 6 mile route if ive done 12 hour shift or 14 if on shorter shift.

also I only work a maximum of 4 days a week and one of these is usually the weekend, so when others are at work I have at least 2 days in the week to myself to cycle, and loads of nice routes for me to take.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922

You'll only see me from behind :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.