Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    gert_lush wrote:
    I'm ahead of CJCP whoop whoop :D

That's the 1st time since the 2nd of January I think :lol:

Yes - am off the bike. Boooooooo.

Until tomorrow. Yaaaaay.

Then it's Hammer Time again. :twisted: :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,168
    cjcp wrote:
    gert_lush wrote:

Until tomorrow. Yaaaaay.

What? With those trousers on a bike? It'll certainly boost your FCN!
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    cjcp wrote:
    gert_lush wrote:

Until tomorrow. Yaaaaay.

On the new bike?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The big gains I made in league at the weekend have been lost as others have updated their miles :cry: An easy week for me this week after getting some unwanted RoadRash last night, itchy tonight and I know I can't scratch it. A shower beckons later.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    edited April 2010
    I think Linsen's feeling better :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    gert_lush wrote:

Until tomorrow. Yaaaaay.

On the new bike?

Yep. But it'll be in RP. I think I've sort of sorted the gears - tomorrow will be a test ride to see if I actually have. It felt nice to ride on Monday morning.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Rolf F wrote:
    Really? I'm going to delete that, unless someone tells me that Linsen's 3000 miles in April is valid.
  • GraemeT
    GraemeT Posts: 155
    salsajake wrote:
    No miles for me for a week by tomorrow. Caused by a trip to the south of France to watch an 8 hour Le Mans Series race, and a rest day tomorrow, which included sipping a beer sitting right in the middle of the chicane on harbourside bit of the Monaco Grand Prix circuit (grandstands are going up already). That would be a hilly place to post cycling miles, so I left it at a single pedestrian lap of the circuit. What a mental place to have a Grand Prix, excellent.

I was wondering where you are. You seemed to be getting a bit left behind.

Think I would swap my place in the stats for where you are now though.

Have fun
    Just Keep Pedalling
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    edited April 2010
    CiB wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Really? I'm going to delete that, unless someone tells me that Linsen's 3000 miles in April is valid.

Definitely real

The back op is just a cunning ruse to lull us into a false sense of security before she posted all her miles at once.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • holybinch
    holybinch Posts: 417
    My estimates for the month are just at the 400 limit.
    Boo :(
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • itboffin
    This is just too weird, for the second time now my saddle has moved right back on its rails, both times i didnt notice when taking the bike out if the garage, only whilst riding!

Now either ive started sleep fettling or someone or thing is doing this as a joke!

Its one of you lot i know it...
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Knocking on he door of the top 50 now, come on! :roll:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • holybinch wrote:

Decided to take your advice and have a day off the bike today. Although this is mainly because my New Forest sportive ride is getting a little competitive between my mates and I did not want to turn up with tired legs :!:

So, only 90 more miles to add to my weekly total.

Am finding trying to do a 600 mile month is hard work :?
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Happy 3000 miles frame! Its been a tough 6 months over the winter! If you take a month off for injury/illness and Christmas thats 600 a month :lol:

3000.jpg

Is it wrong to do so many miles without a BB or hub service?!

Coopster the 1st, think I might do the same, between 3 of us we want to race out for gold on the standard route, not sure 1 days rest is going to help much :shock:
  • holybinch
    holybinch Posts: 417
    holybinch wrote:

Decided to take your advice and have a day off the bike today. Although this is mainly because my New Forest sportive ride is getting a little competitive between my mates and I did not want to turn up with tired legs :!:

So, only 90 more miles to add to my weekly total.

Am finding trying to do a 600 mile month is hard work :?

If it's just like me, I really found that the rest helped.
    I'll have more information on Monday about the effects on legs of rest combined with insane quantity of alcohol.
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    CiB wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Ah CiB you beat me to it. Forgive me, but it did give me a giggle last night for at least two minutes.

In fact, my mileage was looking very promising on my new CX when I got it and had an enforced week of commuting a 25 mile round trip due to car trouble. Which, it seems, did the final bit of breaking of me and now the bike has gone into hiding.

I now know what it feels like to be the child who drops their ice cream on the floor and promptly shoves someone else's out of their hand too. The victory was fleeting, but it was MINE :lol:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    itboffin wrote:
    This is just too weird, for the second time now my saddle has moved right back on its rails, both times i didnt notice when taking the bike out if the garage, only whilst riding!

Now either ive started sleep fettling or someone or thing is doing this as a joke!

Its one of you lot i know it...

Dude you need a new seatpost. This kept happening to the Ritchey post on my Focus, the Clamp would just loosen no matter how much force you did it up with - i threw cation to the wind and used my powerdrill to tighten it - still came loose again mid ride...

Tomorrow will see my last bike commute for four weeks. Utterly depressing.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922

Tomorrow will see my last bike commute for four weeks. Utterly depressing.

Yay, a short lived chance to gain some miles on you, no doubt you'll pass me back pretty soon.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    Congrats to Running man for being the 1st one through the 3000 barrier, thats some impressive riding, should just about get there myself................by the end of NEXT month! :D
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • CiB
    24.7 miles meeded tonight so I did a bit of a detour home to find the extra 4 miles that would lift me a few places. Was well into zig-zagging round the lanes towards home only to find the road I wanted blocked by a police incident - turned out to be some nutter with a gun in a farmhouse had lost his marbles. Berk.

This is what Stats has done - my first thought when a burly Plod told me it wasn't possible for me to sneak through to get home was 'Result - I'll have to go that way instead', which stuck another 6 miles on to the commute home.

Hopefully the Bucks / Oxon border will be closed off tomorrow due to this Icelandic volcano business, and I'll have to go to work via Derby or something ridiculous.
  • itboffin
    CiB wrote:
    24.7 miles meeded tonight so I did a bit of a detour home to find the extra 4 miles that would lift me a few places. Was well into zig-zagging round the lanes towards home only to find the road I wanted blocked by a police incident - turned out to be some nutter with a gun in a farmhouse had lost his marbles. Berk.

This is what Stats has done - my first thought when a burly Plod told me it wasn't possible for me to sneak through to get home was 'Result - I'll have to go that way instead', which stuck another 6 miles on to the commute home.

Hopefully the Bucks / Oxon border will be closed off tomorrow due to this Icelandic volcano business, and I'll have to go to work via Derby or something ridiculous.

:lol:

Don't even ask what I have planned for the weekend :roll:
  • CiB
    What do you have planned for the weekend ITB?
  • itboffin
    CiB wrote:
    What do you have planned for the weekend ITB?

1 billion miles wooohahahhahahaha!

Just more yokel based fun, if I have the energy i'll post in ride reports on Sunday
  • CiB
    A billion eh? That's 6 more than I was planning. Good effort.
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    CiB wrote:

hahahah there's no shame in doing just 999,999,994 miles CIB
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    CiB wrote:

Careful you don't post too many miles at once. The boss might not believe you.

Oh, you are the boss :oops:

Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    linsen wrote:
    CiB wrote:

Careful you don't post too many miles at once. The boss might not believe you.

Oh, you are the boss :oops:

Don't let him bully you - I know you really did do 3000 miles last week. Just because everyone else is soft isn't your fault.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Cheers Gert Lush : couple of weeks behind original schedule but Jan was a virtual write off as it was for many people.

Just concentrating on getting to 1000 this month again : anything extra is a bonus.
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Just "passed" Oddjob

What's up fella? You not riding this month?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"