Stuck with dogly :-(

Annoyed.....!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Whilst inside imbibing these :D

th_68451_DSC00902_122_121lo.JPGth_68452_DSC00901_122_1081lo.JPG

Somebody outside vandalised my bike :(

th_68459_DSC00903_122_988lo.JPG

Thanks to my drinking companion for coming to the rescue when I realised that lamp brackets that fit on mtb bars don't fit on o/s road bars :oops: It doesn't, however compensate for the vandalism you did to my bike :lol: fecking annoying when rolling upto the lights in the city centre :cry:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    :D:D:D
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Doh - I missed out....poor dogly was all flat eared and sleepy....And then violently sick under the coffee table....
  • sarajoy
    Is she OK?

We had a good natter just the two of us and I didn't escape until 10ish again, ah well! At least this time we had some bread olives and garlic in to soak it...

...you know, even though it's on their sides menu, and they'd serve us other things from it, they refused to serve chips on their own. Manager's decision. Silly berk.
  • jangle
    jangle Posts: 114
    What time did you guys arrive? I wandered in about 1845ish I didn't see any BR looking people. Sat around for a few minutes and then left again.
  • sarajoy
    I was pretty late arriving 7pm, seemed to be perfect timing as redvee was just chaining up his bike when I pulled up. It was only the two of us though.

Boo, so we missed another one?

You'd've noticed me, dayglo yellow T shirt :D
  • jangle
    Definitely no day glo's present. Double checking it was the Mud Dock by Queen Square? I'll be a bit more patient next time :D
  • sarajoy
    That's the one yep, we tied up at the bottom of the metal stairs and were inside by the bar (bit nippy outside on Tues night)!

I daresay there'll be another soon enough...
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:

I daresay there'll be another soon enough...

With more people too, first one had 6, 2nd had 3, 3rd had 2. Statistics not looking good.
  • sarajoy
    We'll have to sort a bigger one soon, eh.

But I'm also at a loose end tonight. I'm currently at work with the car but nowt to stop me getting home then biking out again. Pub later?
  • sarajoy
    RETRACTED, looks like I'm off dancing :)
  • redvee
    Too late to come out, though hopefully I can read the forum on the phone from tomorrow.
  • redvee
    Next Tuesday at Mud Dock people? Sick dogs and holidays permitting.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I'm in!
  • sarajoy
    Oh, I daresay!

Hopefully this "interesting" week I'm having may have some semblance of resolution by then...
  • TRADESIZE
    TRADESIZE Posts: 80
    anyone going out to play tonight?

I have been endeavoring to try and turn up, but have been busy. Probably free tonight mint eveining for it
    Please sponsor me here:
    http://www.justgiving.com/jeffhillier1/

Charge Plug Racer with risers - Fixie
    Bianchi Mega Pro L - Road Bike
    GT Avalanche - Off Road bike
    Raleigh Europa - I'll bulid it into a fixie one day!
  • sarajoy
    I've got Um Heap Big laundry to do tonight, sadly.

However once I've laid on a load I may well find myself trotting down to Victoria Park with my colouring pencils. Maybe with booze. Haven't decided.

How does that sound? Anyone's welcome to come find me.
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    I'm back from my little Himalaya cycling adventure (was awesome ), so am back in the SCR scene and back to the beers :D:D sadly i'm away with work next tuesday so cant make it, but hopefully next time

..P.S. did some SCR Kathmandu on the last day, boy that was fun...fumes, massiiivveee potholes, lots of crazy driving..and never felt safer, due to the lack of rules and the vast amount of bikes drivers seem quite aware...and dont mind if you hang on the back :)
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:

However once I've laid on a load I may well find myself trotting down to Victoria Park with my colouring pencils. Maybe with booze. Haven't decided.

You a wannabe Banksy grafittiing the kids' slide in VP:lol:?
  • TRADESIZE
    TRADESIZE Posts: 80
    sarajoy wrote:

7621_beer_mug_mascot_cartoon_character_riding_a_bicycle.jpg
    Please sponsor me here:
    http://www.justgiving.com/jeffhillier1/

Charge Plug Racer with risers - Fixie
    Bianchi Mega Pro L - Road Bike
    GT Avalanche - Off Road bike
    Raleigh Europa - I'll bulid it into a fixie one day!
  • sarajoy
    Ooo! I like that!

Didn't go to the park. Didn't get home until 8pm, had to make up hours at work. Boo.
  • redvee
    People we need a new location for the meet, only three criteria need to be met.
      Centrally located so it's easy for us all to get to Bike friendly with plkaces to lock up our steeds and the floor isn't like an ice rink for cleats
    The Most Important One Must serve chips, unlike the current location even though they are on the menu :(
  • redvee
    The meet on Tuesday will still be at Mud Dock for 18:30, the future location will depend on wether we get chips or not.
  • sarajoy
    Might be a sober one for me this week as it's gonna get busy - will let you know more on the night... Will try and push for chips again :P
  • jangle
    I'll be there - are people planning on getting there for 1830 or a bit later?
  • sarajoy
    I'm going to have to cry off this one, sorry lads :(

Got lots of stuff going on so seeing the bloke tomorrow night then packing Weds and off to Southampton to see our Linsen on Weds night. Things are afoot, I tell ye!

But I'm afraid it means I can't come, or I'll start pulling my hair out with the to-ing and fro-ing.
  • redvee
    18:30 is the time the first arrival gets to the bar and buys drinks for those on their way to Mud Dock. They have a list of our imbibement behind the bar, just mention your here for the SCR drinks and make sure they serve the chips, if they don't do the chips, walk out. :wink:
  • Hello Brizzle folk. Ok, I'll confess I'm not a yokel, but while I live in East Lundidiun I'm originally from Reading so I'm not completely gentrified or cock-er-ney.

Right the purpose of my visit to the online bit of your social club. I'm thinking of visiting your fair city and need some info. I should add my employers have an office in Bristol.

I'm currently off the bike following a separated AC joint in my left shoulder. During my recovery I missed the London-Paris trip that I had helped organise. To abate the hunger of my frustration I've been thinking of easy routes to visit to gently ease me back into cycling (once I can take the handlebar vibrations and signal left!) One route I'd like to take is the Bristol & Bath Railway Path. I'd probably go Bristol-Bath and back again.

Can any of you tell me what the path is like, if there are any particularly good places to visit and (in case I decide to make a couple of days of it) any recommendations for cheapish overnight accommodation. I probably ought to visit my colleagues - not that I know any of them - and get them to show me some of the city but if you let me know how often your meet ups are and if they are on a set night I could try and see you lot too. I'm currently thinking late summer btw.

Thanks
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body