Brizzle Social Club

Comments

• attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Bum bum Bu99er fucl<

I've got to go to ruddy Birmingham tomorrow and stay overnight for work.

I'm not trying to avoid you folks - honest.

Have a pint for me folks.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    sarajoy wrote:
    Be warned, bringing the doggle will lead to MUCH FUSS from me. She'll be a bint all week after the attention I'll lavish on her...

Does that include feeding her chips with chilli sauce? Think of the carpets :roll:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    Can't make tomorrow but definitely up for the next one!
    Rules are for fools.
  • jangle
    jangle Posts: 114
    should be there!
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    redvee wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:
    Be warned, bringing the doggle will lead to MUCH FUSS from me. She'll be a bint all week after the attention I'll lavish on her...

Does that include feeding her chips with chilli sauce? Think of the carpets :roll:

What carpets?! Wood floors - easier to scrape up the......
  • Looks like I won't make it tonight - the 2hr ride in this morning has knackered me so all I want to do is hitch a lift on the tailwind and get home to a hot bath.

Still - at least I did ride in today, first time since the 111 mile charity ride, and i'm not even in training for that, so have a quick one for me in my absence :)
    us0.png
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Booo, shame - though good for you :)
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • sarajoy
    In which case I think we need to set a date for the next one, mind you!

How about we try and make this monthly?

(it may be I'm saying that as I'm away 26th sept - 11th oct...)

Tonight, then Tues Oct 13th?
  • Well unless it starts raining I should be there around 7:30pm. (Wind permitting. :wink: )
    Hopefully I'll manage to identify the group of cyclists but if you see a guy wandering around wearing all black cycling kit then make yourselves known. :)

Mike
  • sarajoy
    I should be in this unless I've got cold and put a sweater on top: 3585990664_95fe74808a_m.jpg:D
  • That should help. :lol:

Mike
  • redvee
    Don't expect the jeans though. If you see a group of people hiding under the benches it ain't us :lol:
  • sarajoy
    OK so expect me about 7pm, who else is there?

Redvee, mudcovered at 7:30, hopefully gtvlusso, not attica (boo) or feynmanc (boo)!

Any more for any more?
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:
    OK so expect me about 7pm, who else is there?

Redvee, mudcovered at 7:30, hopefully gtvlusso, not attica (boo) or feynmanc (boo)!

Any more for any more?

You in detention for spending too much time on BR when you should be working?

Wilma looks a possible now as gtv is having work issues and will be driving possibly.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Dammit

Still at work...

...in Birmingham...

...no beer...

...bummed
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • i didn't leave work until after 7pm and it took almost 2 hrs to get home, even with the tailwind, as my legs were still knackered after the journey in this morning.

A little disconcertingly, the Tesco 3w torch that i was using as my main seeing light started to flicker in some of the unlit roads between portishead and weston. Sudden darkness isn't what I want at 20mph :? I may have to take it apart properly to see if I can spot the weakness.
    us0.png
  • redvee
    FeynmanC wrote:
    A little disconcertingly, the Tesco 3w torch that i was using as my main seeing light started to flicker in some of the unlit roads between portishead and weston. Sudden darkness isn't what I want at 20mph :? I may have to take it apart properly to see if I can spot the weakness.

Could be the batteries are a little too small in length and this is causing the black-outs.

Left the Duke at 23:00 and wobbled home in 5 mins, pity coveredinmud who may have missed the train home and having to ride after the liquid imbidement of the evening.
  • redvee wrote:
    Left the Duke at 23:00 and wobbled home in 5 mins, pity coveredinmud who may have missed the train home and having to ride after the liquid imbidement of the evening.

Yep. Well made it home in about an hour. I'd not missed the last train but it was a bus replacement so I just rode.Got in just after midnight so a pretty good run. I have had a lot of experience at post beer distance riding though. :lol:

Mike
  • sarajoy
    Good stuff :)

I got in, wolfed down some chips, then had a tipsy hour or so fitting my new leather grips :D

Nice to see Jangle (another Mike) too, and got a visit by homeless poetry pedlar Bear who's looking painfully thin so I was very happy to give him my fiver. Poor sod.
  • sarajoy wrote:
    Good stuff :)
    I got in, wolfed down some chips, then had a tipsy hour or so fitting my new leather grips :D
    I was munching on a Bacon Sarnie when I typed that post last night. :) I then fell asleep in the chair and woke up at 2am.

A good night out and quite a slow ride in this morning. :oops:

Mike
  • sarajoy
    Oh, and, seems the 13th Oct might not be great - so how about the 20th? :)
  • gtvlusso
    Worked until 2am......this is getting ridiculoous.....was back in at 8am....I am in pain and fell asleep on the toilet this morning.
  • gtvlusso wrote:
    Worked until 2am......this is getting ridiculoous.....was back in at 8am....I am in pain and fell asleep on the toilet this morning.

:shock: That sucks big time. Tell me you will be getting some time off to compensate for this eventually.

Hopefully will see you another time.

Mike
  • gtvlusso
    Yeah - apologies for not being around. I am on hol next week for 2 weeks.....!

So very tired and un-motivated... :-(
  • sarajoy
    Don't blame you, must be hard :(

Hope you get a good rest out of it :)
  • gtvlusso
    Baby on the way too.......Arrrrggghhhhh!!!!! More lack of sleep!
  • sarajoy
    TUESDAY 27TH OCT anyone?
  • sarajoy wrote:
    TUESDAY 27TH OCT anyone?
    Provisionally yes. Unless we have some sort of monsoon conditions. :) That would take the fun out of the ride back. ;)

Mike
  • Hey! A social club in Brizzle, beer!..

I can't do next Tuesday cos of prior engagements but I would be up for that normally!
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    That's a definite maybe from me.
    us0.png