Brizzle Social Club

Comments

• SimonAH wrote:
    Then count me in too if space is there! Just looked on maps, about 35Mi from my office, I may take the bike on the train at least part-way!
    Well given that we are just nailing the date down we can always book another space. :)
    Looks like I might have some competition in the miles traveled to get to the venue. I'm about 30 miles away if I'm coming from work. Fortunately its only 16miles home. :?

Mike
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Good for me too. Need a few more names to confirm and see if we can book the 6th at the Chophouse.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Do they serve Chops? I like chops me.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • redvee
    SimonAH wrote:
    Do they serve Chops? I like chops me.

Pork.

http://www.bathales.com/pubs/graze-bar- ... house.html
  • Nifer
    Nifer Posts: 102
    Just to warn you all - it *might* be pretty quiet in there on a Monday night, if you're looking for a bit of atmosphere...... I can have a scan for you next week if you like - it's right next to my office.
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    I know it was my idea in the first place, but can I un-recommend the chophouse? As a bar it is devoid of atmosphere and it doesn't really work as a restaurant either...
    Rules are for fools.
  • redvee
    Jason's Doner Van outside Habitat then?

http://www.eyezine.co.uk/a/food-and-dri ... d-231.html

Nifer
    You're more than welcome to join in with our drinking and cycling fun, note the order of priority :lol: We will double our female membership if you come along. Sara is asking bloke if she can come out and looks like bringing him too.
    Can I make it clear we ain't having a race up Park Street after the meal and numerous drinks.
  • waddlie
    redvee wrote:
    Can I make it clear we ain't having a race up Park Street after the meal and numerous drinks.

Aww... please?
    Rules are for fools.
  • waddlie
    What about The Pump House in Hotwells? Not as poncy as the website suggests, you can book tables in the bar, 5 minute ride from the centre...
    Rules are for fools.
  • Waddlie wrote:
    What about The Pump House in Hotwells? Not as poncy as the website suggests, you can book tables in the bar, 5 minute ride from the centre...

Location looks fine. As long as the bar is nice and informal then it should fit the bill.

Mike
  • redvee
    Waddlie wrote:

What about swimming to Neptunes statue instead of racing up Park Street :lol:
  • waddlie
    Pump House on Dec 6th then? Redvee, do you want to do the honours and reserve us some space? Remember to book it in the bar, not the restaurant!
    Rules are for fools.
  • redvee
    Will bell them tomorrow to see if they can accomodate us and if they need a deposit. Need to know numbers. Book for 10?

Redvee
    Waddle
    Mudcovered
    Nifer?
    SimonAH
    Sara + Another.

Will text all the group in the morning and see how many replies I get.
  • waddlie
    Wot no Risi, Attica, GTVlusso? I kid about GTV, I'm not sure he exists in real life.

Who was the guy that came to Saltford on the Kona MTB when I had the shit kicked out of me by the blind man?
    Rules are for fools.
  • Nifer
    I shan't be joining you this time I'm afraid but will try next time!
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    redvee wrote:
    Will bell them tomorrow to see if they can accomodate us and if they need a deposit. Need to know numbers. Book for 10?

Redvee
    Waddle
    Mudcovered
    Nifer?
    SimonAH
    Sara + Another.

Will text all the group in the morning and see how many replies I get.

Yeah - I can do the 6th. From about 8pm ish.
  • risi
    risi Posts: 231
    Waddlie wrote:
    Wot no Risi, Attica, GTVlusso? I kid about GTV, I'm not sure he exists in real life.

Who was the guy that came to Saltford on the Kona MTB when I had the shoot kicked out of me by the blind man?

You rang? 6th should be good for moi also. Unfortunately, Mondays are a non-cycling day for me so I will be in my civvies.
    Specialized Allez
    Trek 6500
  • redvee
    Forgot the text thing and ringing the pub too :oops:

Redvee
    Waddle
    Mudcovered
    GTV + Wilma :lol:
    SimonAH
    Sara + Another.
    Risi
  • waddlie
    I've PM'd Mark Elvin; he's been offline since Aug but a PM might arrive in his inbox...
    Rules are for fools.
  • redvee
    I've got off my @rse and emailed the pumphouse and it looks possible for the evening of the 6th. I've asked for a booking for 10 though I can add more if needs must. With the current list of names we have 8 confirmed(ish). Testing this out too.
  • Nifer
    Pump House does great food.
  • redvee
    redvee wrote:
    I've got off my @rse and emailed the pumphouse and it looks possible for the evening of the 6th. I've asked for a booking for 10 though I can add more if needs must. With the current list of names we have 8 confirmed(ish). Testing this out too.

Should say texting :oops:
  • gtvlusso
    If any Londoners want to go - I can always pick them up and drop them off at the station!
  • redvee
    Had a response from Kate@PumpHouse

Is arrival at 7.30pm and eating for 8pm? Eating from the bar menu yes, please confirm so I can book you in, I will then also get over booking and deposit information

Have said yes to 19:30 arrival and scoffing ourselves silly at 20:00. Once I knw the deposit amount then I'll let you that are coming know how much I need from you.
  • gtvlusso
    redvee wrote:
    Had a response from Kate@PumpHouse

Is arrival at 7.30pm and eating for 8pm? Eating from the bar menu yes, please confirm so I can book you in, I will then also get over booking and deposit information

Have said yes to 19:30 arrival and scoffing ourselves silly at 20:00. Once I knw the deposit amount then I'll let you that are coming know how much I need from you.

Lemme know fella and I will pop some cash down to ya.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    +1
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • redvee
    Another email from Kate
    Thank you for this, as our restaurant does not open on a Monday evening are you happy to be eating a la carte but in the bar area on the ground floor?

Please supply me with a telephone number for me to be able to book you in.

So far we have:

Redvee
    Waddle
    Mudcovered
    GTV
    SimonAH
    Sara + Bloke
    Risi

I did send texts to the numbers I have for the group but not all replied but have here. Nothing from Mark Elvin recently nor Attica :(
  • risi
    risi Posts: 231
    redvee wrote:
    I did send texts to the numbers I have for the group but not all replied but have here. Nothing from Mark Elvin recently nor Attica :(

Too lazy & too podgy fingers to text, but I'm definitely still in. Were they seriously thinking of letting some sweaty cyclists into their restaurant even if it had been open?
    Attica has defected it would seem - I've seen him over on Road/Pro Race. Not that I look there deliberately you understand, the mouse slipped. Honest.
    +1 with the deposit - let me know how much & I'll email you a picture of it.
    Specialized Allez
    Trek 6500
  • Nifer
    They want a deposit!!??
  • redvee
    Mark Elvin is in nottingham and can't make it, Attica has not responded to last night's text.

I'll confirm the booking for a la Carte in the bar tomorrow and see how much I've got to try and get out of you.