Brizzle Social Club

Comments

• Mark Elvin
    Mark Elvin Posts: 997
    Thinking of hitting Bristol2Bath trail this Thursday about 7pm for a couple hours. Anybody else?
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    Can't this week, sadly.

Would be up for beer/ride/curry/whatever on Tuesday 6th if anyone can make it though?
    Rules are for fools.
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Tuesday 6th, hmmmmm....
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I'm never getting involved with the Bristol lot again... I'm upset after being so cruelly insulted.... marred..... muttermuttermutter
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    sarajoy wrote:
    Tuesday 6th, hmmmmm....

Sounds good to me.
    I'm never getting involved with the Bristol lot again... I'm upset after being so cruelly insulted.... marred..... muttermuttermutter

MFTU.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Mark Elvin
    Pretty certain I could manage the 6th too.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • sarajoy
    So - Tues 6th - in town for a curry, or Saltford for booze (and possibly food)?
  • Mark Elvin
    Booze!!!!
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • Mark Elvin
    Booze!!!!
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:
    So - Tues 6th - in town for a curry, or Saltford for booze (and possibly food)?

Saltford but if we want food, don't do the Jolly Sailor. A friend was there for a meal recently and the 'freshly cooked' chicken curry had 4 pieces of chicken in it and the naan breads were the same as supermarket curry naans. Not freshly cooked atall.
    Don't mind which pub we visit tbh, Dolphin sounds good again :lol:
  • waddlie
    Aye, Dolphin would be good. Or maybe the place in Saltford you can see from the path. Name escapes me. Footie match on that day, mind.
    Rules are for fools.
  • redvee
    Waddlie wrote:
    Or maybe the place in Saltford you can see from the path. Name escapes me.

Bird in the Hand
    Waddlie wrote:
    Footie match on that day, mind.

So are the TDF highlights at that time of night.
  • waddlie
    6pm at Bristol end of path for 6.45-7.00 at Bird in Hand?
    Rules are for fools.
  • sarajoy
    Yup, should be just about possible!

If not, I'll see you there :)

I'd skip out of the Dolphin though, I'm far too unfit atm, have had a couple of weeks off the bike and running too as I walked my legs off on holiday.
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    redvee wrote:
    Waddlie wrote:
    Footie match on that day, mind.

So are the TDF highlights at that time of night.

That pub is pretty large and pretty busy anyway so I expect there will be room somewhere. :)
    Won't be able to get there until about 8.30. If you guys decide to ride back before then drop me a line.

Mike
  • Mark Elvin
    Waddlie wrote:
    6pm at Bristol end of path for 6.45-7.00 at Bird in Hand?

I'll be joining the cycle path somewhere around Staple Hill I expect as I live in Stoke Gifford, so if you guys don't pass me en-route, I'll meet you all there.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • Mark Elvin
    This still going ahead guys (&gals)
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • sarajoy
    Yup! Well, I'm going :)
  • redvee
    Might bring the green bike tomorrow.
  • sarajoy
    I always used to get on the path from St Phillips - but I'll be coming from up Aztec West so think I'm best joining at Fishponds/Easton - where's the easiest entry point assuming I'm coming from Muller Rd?

Maybe I should meet you on the way, Mark?
  • Mark Elvin
    sarajoy wrote:
    I always used to get on the path from St Phillips - but I'll be coming from up Aztec West so think I'm best joining at Fishponds/Easton - where's the easiest entry point assuming I'm coming from Muller Rd?

Straight down the Bradley Stoke Way from Aztec West & up the ring road part of the cycle path. Do you know where Esporta is in Stoke Gifford?
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • waddlie
    sarajoy wrote:

From Muller Rd, cross under the M32 and back up the other side. Left at the roundabout, right down Royate Hill and there's a couple of access points there. Have a look at the online map on the Sustrans website for more info...

[Edited to add - do what Mark said; much sensibler!]
    Rules are for fools.
  • waddlie
    Redvee - think it's just you and me meeting at the end of the path - please bring the slow bike!
    Rules are for fools.
  • sarajoy
    Mark Elvin wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:

Straight down the Bradley Stoke Way from Aztec West & up the ring road part of the cycle path. Do you know where Esporta is in Stoke Gifford?
    Esporta? No, don't know it, but have found it on a map. Is it possible to cycle along Hunts Ground Rd from the Parkway side? The Gypsy Patch Ln / Winterbourne Rd route seems OK too if not...

6pm?
  • Mark Elvin
    sarajoy wrote:
    Esporta? No, don't know it, but have found it on a map. Is it possible to cycle along Hunts Ground Rd from the Parkway side? The Gypsy Patch Ln / Winterbourne Rd route seems OK too if not...

6pm?

Sure is, through Parkway & Esporta is on your left

6pm sounds prefect, by the Huntsground Road side,
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • sarajoy
    Done!

Will be in a very lurid T shirt with Team GB lycra colours poking out from under my overshorts (NO WAY brave enough to wear them uncovered), should be hard to miss ;)
  • redvee
    edited July 2010
    Waddlie wrote:
    Redvee - think it's just you and me meeting at the end of the path - please bring the slow bike!

Regardless of wether I bring the fast bike or slow bike it will be a slow rider on them :lol: Won't you be on the new Womblebike?
  • redvee
    Looks like a rendezvous at Mangotsfield station at around 18:45 which means a very sloooowww ride from the centre of town.
  • sarajoy
    I wouldn't worry about it, just go at your happy-pace...

I was exhausted last time as I couldn't let myself pootle and reserve energy because you lot were already slowing down for me - seriously tonight if I'm falling behind, just let me fall behind... :)
  • Mark Elvin
    Do you guys take locks along to the pub or sit outside & childmind the bikes?
    2012 Cannondale Synapse