Brizzle Social Club

Comments

• mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    Mark Elvin wrote:
    Do you guys take locks along to the pub or sit outside & childmind the bikes?
    Bit of both. :) We usually lock the bikes up but sit outside until we get too cold.

Mike
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    ...or until I go "brrr, let's go in" and all the men pretend not to have noticed that their goolies retracted some 30 mins previously...

I've brought a craplock, if I can share a D with someone then I can lash together the other end of the bike :)
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • Mark Elvin
    Mark Elvin Posts: 997
    sarajoy wrote:
    ...or until I go "brrr, let's go in" and all the men pretend not to have noticed that their goolies retracted some 30 mins previously...

You wouldn't notice with mine!!!!!
    sarajoy wrote:
    I've brought a craplock, if I can share a D with someone then I can lash together the other end of the bike :)

Rather fortuatously my new lock has just turned up, so I can ride down, Rambo style, with a fork off great Oxford chainlock around my shoulder like some kind of urban caommando!!!!!
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    Redvee - even if I did have a womblebike, it wouldn't go any faster than anyone elses! Actual new bike is still three weeks or so away.

Re locks - Bird In The Hand has dedicated bike parking but it's right at the bottom of the beer garden/car park so bring locks!

See you all in a bit.
    Rules are for fools.
  • Mark Elvin
    Good night last night peeps, thanks for your hospitality.

Eventfull ride to the pub, what with the "lost" person & all. Still, made worth while by the hot WPC!!! :D

Interesting ride home, darn front light shut off every time I rode over even a slight bump, which became slightly annoying to put it mildly!!!!

Must do it again.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • mudcovered
    Mark Elvin wrote:
    Interesting ride home, darn front light shut off every time I rode over even a slight bump, which became slightly annoying to put it mildly!!!!
    But with a better front light. ;)

I enjoyed my extended ride home. Ended up going all the way into Bristol then blasted back along the A4. Mind you my legs are feeling it a bit today.

Mike
  • waddlie
    My hard-man credentials (ha!) certainly took a battering. That's the last time I turn my back on a blind man with a big stick. Leg looking icky today.
    Rules are for fools.
  • Mark Elvin
    Waddlie wrote:
    My hard-man credentials (ha!) certainly took a battering. That's the last time I turn my back on a blind man with a big stick. Leg looking icky today.

Beaten up by a blind man, what's next, being beaten in a running race by a man with no legs? :shock:
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • Mark Elvin wrote:
    Beaten up by a blind man, what's next, being beaten in a running race by a man with no legs? :shock:

I consider myself a runner but i got overtaken by a guy with no legs in the Bristol Half last year!
  • Mark Elvin
    Chap I sit next to at work is just getting into cycling & has moved into the Bristol area (St Annes I think he said), I don't suppose there would be an issue in inviting him along to the next gathering would there?
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • sarajoy
    Course not, I had my non-forumite bloke along with me the time before last :)
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    A mate who lives in Bristol has recently bought a bike and has been doing the 5 minute ride to his work on it. He's 27 stone so if any of you saw him when he arsed up a step up onto a kerb and went flying, was it as funny as it sounds?

Nah, seriously if you do see him he could do with some encouragement and technical assistance. Can't remember what bike it was he bought, or got a clue where he bought it. He lives and works down near millennium square so doesn't really have any hills to climb (probably just as well). You could try asking him if Dundee really is sunnier or something.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • Mark Elvin
    We ought to pencil in the next Bristol Wee Wee Artists (err I mean elite Cyclist Club) some time as it's coming up to the tim when many peolple will be on holls. I'm away between 17th July & 4th August on my favourite island in the worls, Guernsey.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • waddlie
    If we're sticking to Tuesdays can I start the bidding at 17th Aug? Maybe a ride to Pill with a curry at the World Of Spice? There are road and off-road routes back to Bristol.
    Rules are for fools.
  • sarajoy
    I'm away 15th-25th Aug in my favourite archipelago in the world - Stockholm's Skärgård - so I can do most days until then (apart from all the weekends that appear to have booked themselves up already)...

...not that you need me along :)

I'd suggest booking two, one while Mark's away, and one while I'm away :P

Say 20th July and 17th Aug....
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    How about a non-Tuesday - like maybe a Friday - so I can have a hope of meeting up with you lot?
  • sarajoy
    Ah, if you're coming from Swindon, I suppose so..!

Not very good with Fridays personally, I find they're all promised away...
  • mudcovered
    I'd be up for a Friday meetup either in Bristol or Bath.

Mike
  • waddlie
    Friday 13th Aug? :)
    Rules are for fools.
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Waddlie wrote:
    Friday 13th Aug? :)
    That will be bad - my old man will be out for Sarf Efrika. :(

But certainly up for Bath beers! :)
  • sarajoy
    I'm likely to be in town boozing on Friday 13th of Aug anyway - I'll just have left my current place of work!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    sarajoy wrote:
    I'm likely to be in town boozing on Friday 13th of Aug anyway - I'll just have left my current place of work!

How long you going to be unemployed for?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • sarajoy
    redvee wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:

How long you going to be unemployed for?
    Not too long, can't afford it..!

Fly out to Stockholm on 15/08 to see Dad, fly back 25/08, 27-29/08 go to Durham for a wedding, then Centerparcs 03-05/09, before I have to spend 2 weeks at a primary school 06-17/09, a 5k run on the Downs 19/09 (sponsor me if you like, can PM justgiving page if you ask,it's for prostate cancer), before starting secondary science/physics PGCE on 20/09.

Phew!
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:
    27-29/08 go to Durham for a wedding

Couldn't you and bloke organise it for Brizzle then :lol:
  • waddlie
    Right then.

I nearly knocked redvee off his bike on Stokes Croft this evening. Apologies, fella - couldn't for the life of me figure out what you were up to til you crossed the road and headed for what I assume was your front door.

Secondly, my new steed has finally arrived. Anyone up for a ride of some sort?
    Rules are for fools.
  • redvee
    You must have been in a tin box, certainly not a womblewagon.
  • sarajoy
    Been a bit busy lately and have a chocka calendar until I fly off to Sweden on Sunday!

So have a good one you lot, maybe see you for a few after I'm back :)
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:
    then Centerparcs 03-05/09

I'm down there on 06/09. Make sure you're out of the chalet before 10am as I might be taking the sofa from under you and bloke, assuming you're staying in the better chalets and not the basement level chalet/villas/appartments.
  • sarajoy
    I'm there with a bunch of girls and will have gone home early (sunday night) anyway.

So sorry, not peep-tomming for you!
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:
    I'm there with a bunch of girls and will have gone home early (sunday night) anyway.

So sorry, not peep-tomming for you!

I'll stick to the tree in the garden then and make some modifications to it when you and bloke are away :lol: