Silly Commuting Temperance Society

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    The search is over, I give you the Holy Grail

3229134468_494e3c1831.jpg

It would be rude not to have a quick drink. :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Well, after my earlier glee at goading you all, I had a decidedly alcoholic weekend, and am now considering joining you on the wagon.

We'll see how long that lasts...

Me too, drunk on Thursday, Friday (blaming you for that Lit!) and had a few on sat too. I'm now off booze during the week.

I hate being healthy, had a homemade fruit smoothie for brekkie, mahoosive homemade seared tuna salad (with new tatties, goats cheese, caramlised balsamic red onions, cherry toms, baby leaf spinach and pomegranate dressing mmmmmm) for lunch and I am absolutely starving.

:(
  • Prolly a bad time to tell you this then.

I had two gigantic slices of Konditor & Cook banoffee pie and a big slice of their chocolate curly wurly cake. About 20 minutes ago. :twisted:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Jash, your drunkenness on Friday was nothing to do with me. It was all Brun's fault.

And my friday inebriation was nothing compared to Saturday's all-day bender (it's Australia Day today you see), followed by a dinner and 'sod early nights I don't have a job' party in St Katherine's last night.

Unfortunately I do have a job, unlike most of my schoolfriends, so feel none too clever today.

Chocolate cake won't save me. Which is a shame, because I have an awful lot of it.
  • itboffin wrote:
    I hope you're happy I'm now off all booze until after HOTA
    I am now considering joining you on the wagon.
    I'm now off booze during the week.

One by one, they're crumbling. :twisted:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    I hope you're happy I'm now off all booze until after HOTA
    I am now considering joining you on the wagon.
    I'm now off booze during the week.

One by one, they're crumbling. :twisted:

Well now that the hangover fog has lifted and I'm feeling pretty human again, I'm slightly regretting clambering up on the wagon and may leap off again come Friday...
  • I would try subsiding off the wagon rather than leaping, you won't have such a hangover.
    Dan
  • il_principe
    I would try subsiding off the wagon rather than leaping, you won't have such a hangover.

Also less chance of injuring yourself. In fact perhaps a gentle climb down from the wagon is in order...
  • Alright, in the spirit of not injuring myself again I will clamber carefully from the wagon rather than the aforementioned leap...
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    ...unless you are leaping into a plunge pool full of warm Shiraz
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    i haven't drunk since xmas except

1) half a glass of mulled wine at a post xmas party. Most of the alchol evapourates anyway
    2) about 100ml of gold miner beer last night

this is for weight loss reasons
  • I haven't drunk since Christmas apart from weekends, oh and weekdays.
    Dan
  • il_principe
    Well I have had a sh1t day, first of all my sodding pc is refusing to make sweet compatible love to my new i-magic VR trainer (edit: think i may have a solution here, run the whole thing on my mac via bootcamp, yey Apple, Boo MS), then not one, not two but three potential clients ring me to say I've not won their business despite lots of hard work and travelling miles to meetings (Whiston anyone?!) and finally a booked client calls to cancel. Damn you credit crunch, damn you Bill Gates and damn you temperance.

Tonight I will be having a glass of wine dammit.
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    Well I have had a sh1t day, first of all my sodding pc is refusing to make sweet compatible love to my new i-magic VR trainer (edit: think i may have a solution here, run the whole thing on my mac via bootcamp, yey Apple, Boo MS), then not one, not two but three potential clients ring me to say I've not won their business despite lots of hard work and travelling miles to meetings (Whiston anyone?!) and finally a booked client calls to cancel. Damn you credit crunch, damn you Bill Gates and damn you temperance.

Tonight I will be having a glass of wine dammit.

That's not drinking, that's medicine!
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Wey hey, I've been told that in an 'emergency' I can have a vodka and soda!!!!

It's tragic how excited I am...

:lol::lol:

But haven't touched a drop of alcohol or a grain of sugar since New Year's Eve!!
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    edited January 2009
    Edit: Was so excited, I evidently hit 'submit' twice.

:wink:
  • itboffin
    In my two days i've only had 4 large G&T yesterday and one bottle of beer today, i'm not sure i've gotten the hang of this :lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Humbled as I am, I now realise that this is, in fact, a good thing.

I want to play.

The rules state that your only allowed one day off, if an exception can be made in my case, I'm willing to go off booze until the 21 March, my birthday.

I am on the proverbial SCR injured list (tooth, gum and face injury)
    << Sits next to Greg, LiT and JenJ>>
    << They move away... >>

Am not going to work, SCRing or the 2 stag do's :cry::cry::cry: .

If what I suspect becomes true :cry: , I won't have had a drop of lovely sweet alcohol from the date I posted the above until the 21st March.... :cry:

:cry::cry::cry: Damn! :cry::cry::cry:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I am on the proverbial SCR injured list (tooth, gum and face injury)
    << Sits next to Greg, LiT and JenJ>>
    << They move away... >>

Not the face! :shock: What occurred?
  • DDD what happened?

I may have had a wee dram of Laphroaig last night. Didn't spend long on the wagon, did I? :oops:
  • il_principe
    I cracked open a 2005 Chapel Down Bacchus Reserve last night and enjoyed 2 LARGE GLASSES. It was DELICIOUS.
  • So Jash, I was on the wagon for all of monday, and about 11 hours of Tuesday. I am great at giving stuff up.

How about you?
  • itboffin
    I cracked open a 2005 Chapel Down Bacchus Reserve last night and enjoyed 2 LARGE GLASSES. It was DELICIOUS.

Just how large we're these glasses ???

Like this perhaps

gd3217.jpg
  • il_principe
    So Jash, I was on the wagon for all of monday, and about 11 hours of Tuesday. I am great at giving stuff up.

How about you?

Mmmm all Monday and snapped at 19:00 Tuesday.

I don't like wagons, stupid old fashioned things.

*clambers back up and surveys sorry looking fellow passengers with disgust.
  • il_principe
    itboffin wrote:

Like this perhaps

gd3217.jpg

No but I do have one of those!
  • il_principe
    itboffin wrote:

Like this perhaps

gd3217.jpg

• il_principe
    itboffin wrote:

Like this perhaps

gd3217.jpg

• Triple vision giving you problems?

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Toothache (which is ghey) last Wednesday, I thought I could MTFU through it. It got progressively worse until Friday.

Friday, left work desperately in search of a dentist couldn't get one until Monday to do emergency work...

Friday and Sat night were sleepless due to the pain

Sunday, I was taken to A&E

Monday the right side of my face had become infected and swollen from the abscess too the point the dentist couldn't treat me... (Also I couldn't speak and my eye was nearly swollen shut).

Am on antibiotics and pain killer's until Monday when I can see my Dentist. I need a new dentist...

I'm going to blame all of the above for my increased irate postings recently....

Not quite JenJ level but the sheer unending pain (and failure at every level of NHS treatment) is horrific.

It's annoying because I'll miss the stag-do's (this weekend and next weekend) and I can't properly see out of my right eye (or get a contact lens in) until swelling goes down so no riding bike for me.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DDD, whisky will kill the infection. :D

Seriously, that sucks big style. Hope you get better quickly.

I discovered this weekend just past that my large wine glasses will take a whole bottle.... should I wish!