Silly Commuting Temperance Society

Comments

• It's my birthday, well it was my birthday yesterday, so I had a few beers this evening, and am now watching mock the week with a glass of wine. Hurrah! State birthday tomorrow. More drinking will ensue... temperance is for dummies...
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    It's my birthday, well it was my birthday yesterday, so I had a few beers this evening, and am now watching mock the week with a glass of wine. Hurrah! State birthday tomorrow. More drinking will ensue... temperance is for dummies...

You have a state birthday too?? I had no idea you were royalty. In fact, I thought you had to borrow ours!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    How are we all doing then? I'm very likely to cave in on 6 Feb as I'm going for a curry, and an orange juice and lemonade just doesn't wash down a curry quite as well as beer.

In other news. Sainsbury's have got boxes of Jaffa Cakes for 50p. It would have been rude not to take one. :D Now I've got to eat them all this afternoon. Oh dear, what a pity, never mind.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    edited January 2009
    I am still on the straight and narrow. And my digestive system seems much happier for it. ALso bored stiff.

Forget wine, am hallucinating about huge, HUGE mugs of Starbucks Signature Hot Chocolate...

Only another 2 months and 9 days to go...
  • Not bad, actually. Day 16, and it all seems a bit easier than I remember. I've got Quiz Night at the school tomorrow night, which is traditionally a boozy night, but I shall be wreathed in sanctimony 8)

Sat coming is my one day off. I'm even slightly ambivalent about that. No doubt I shall have a something, but the puritan in me is shouting more loudly than I'd expected.

I reckon it will be a breeze to get to March.

Ulp! :shock:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rhext
    Still with it. Tuesday was a bit tough as my better half forgot I was dry and ordered me a beer. Thankfully there were other takers. Looking forward to a beer-free beer and curry this evening :-(
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Right I'm now up for this. Not really going for full abstinence but I am giving up beer/spirits and week time drinking as of this weekend. No way am I giving up wine - it's very good for you anyway...

Have an officve leaving do tonight so off for some beers and then a burger at the ever wonderful Eagle. http://www.eaglebardiner.com/

Also starting a new healthy diet (not this is not a diet I am simply aiming for a healthier diet - so less pizza basically).
  • cjcp
    Greg66 wrote:
    but the puritan in me

:lol:

I'm sorry. The what in you?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • il_principe
    Greg66 wrote:
    but the puritan in me

I think we may have got to the source of your back pain...
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    Greg66 wrote:
    I've got Quiz Night at the school tomorrow night, which is traditionally a boozy night

Good God, what sort of school do your kids go to! :?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • I've never known a teacher not to be a semi alchoholic - er indoors is a teacher and I've met most of her colleagues on various occassions - fairly serious events in the main

...it aint just the PE crew either
    [1]Ribble winter special
    [2] Trek 5200 old style carbon
    [3] Frankensteins hybrid FCN 8
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Greg66 wrote:
    Not bad, actually. Day 16, and it all seems a bit easier than I remember. I've got Quiz Night at the school tomorrow night, which is traditionally a boozy night, but I shall be wreathed in sanctimony 8)

Sat coming is my one day off. I'm even slightly ambivalent about that. No doubt I shall have a something, but the puritan in me is shouting more loudly than I'd expected.

So I guess this year you won't be standing on the tables shouting "How f**king dare you, I'm never wrong me! - call yourselves teachers, you know nuffing" :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Not bad, actually. Day 16, and it all seems a bit easier than I remember. I've got Quiz Night at the school tomorrow night, which is traditionally a boozy night, but I shall be wreathed in sanctimony 8)

So I guess this year you won't be standing on the tables shouting "How f**king dare you, I'm never wrong me! - call yourselves teachers, you know nuffing" :lol:

No, not this year.

And I believe the correct syntax is "you don't know nuffing", followed by "ooh you lookin aat?" :shock: :D

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    Greg66 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

No, not this year.

And I believe the correct syntax is "you don't know nuffing", followed by "ooh you lookin aat?" :shock: :D

Ah the clarity of a clean body and mind but are you happy Greg?

No SCR no booze, sent back to school to resit your exams, where did it all go wrong :lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    ITB - you are merely provoking him. When he's up and spinning again, look out for someone bearing a close resemblance to the below on Embankment (this is Slaine during the warp spasm):

warp.jpg
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    Greg66 at the moment

225px-JabbatheHuttROTJ.jpg

:twisted:
  • cjcp

(I'd make your peace with God.)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:

A bit off topic BUT ...

Do you ever sleep? if so it must be for about 4 hrs at the most :lol:
  • cjcp
    itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

A bit off topic BUT ...

Do you ever sleep? if so it must be for about 4 hrs at the most :lol:

Usually about six hours (that's about average, isn't it?), but just under four hours last night - combination of working late and getting up to drive to the Eurostar terminal.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp wrote:
    Usually about six hours (that's about average, isn't it?),

No.

Eight is good.

I prefer ten though. :D

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Greg66 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

No.

Eight is good.

The ladies wrote:
    10 hours sleep a night and a good 4 hours during the day
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • il_principe
    3 hours last night thanks to a leaving do that turned into a heavy heavy session.
  • OK. So there is a point to this after all.

Had my day off on Saturday. The first taste of a cold beer was like ambrosia. And that's notwithstanding that it was the decidedly second division San Miguel.

And the first glass of champagne made the beer seem like dishwater.

Back on the wagon now though. Next stop: 9 March. Ulp!

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    I hope you're happy I'm now off all booze until after HOTA and god help anyone who pisses me off :evil:
  • rhext
    itboffin wrote:
    rhext wrote:
    You're not helping, you know itboffin!

tee hee, does this help

3191998542_9884d9ecc5.jpg

...I don't think this needs a caption!
  • itboffin
    Did i mention I used to work in data collection for all the big ISP, personal details such as HOME ADDRESS browsing habits etc etc

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Edit: on second thoughts delivering an arse kicking would mean getting out of BED, forget that. I shall rise above your torments.
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

No.

Eight is good.

The ladies wrote:
    10 hours sleep a night and a good 4 hours during the day

A-ha. A-haha. A-hahaha. A-ha - opps, sorry. Nap time.

See ya!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Well, after my earlier glee at goading you all, I had a decidedly alcoholic weekend, and am now considering joining you on the wagon.

We'll see how long that lasts...
  • rhext
    Well, after my earlier glee at goading you all, I had a decidedly alcoholic weekend, and am now considering joining you on the wagon.

We'll see how long that lasts...

Go on, you know it makes sense. The world seems a brighter place: the grass is greener, the birds sing more sweetly, the miles fly by more quickly.

At least I think so. It could be just withdrawal still at work I suppose!
  • itboffin
    Gin & Tonic doesn't count - right!?!