Silly Commuting Temperance Society

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Greg66 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Oh dear. I'm off to the pub tonight, and I may have a pint.

Didja? Didja didja didja didja didja didja didja didja didja didja didja didja didja?

:D

I'm afraid so. A pint of San Miguel, and a bottle of Kingfisher to wash down the curry.

I imagine that you are now doing a little jig in your chair, or treating yourself to a little boogie in the middle of your room... :P
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • I just blew three window panes out with my victory roar :oops:

And no, I'm not giving up. Until March 8th - MrsG66's birthday lunch out at Chez Bruce. :über-smug:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Are you the last man standing Greg?
    Good effort - has it been worth it?
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • cjcp
    Greg66 wrote:
    I just blew three window panes out with my victory roar :oops:

:lol:
    And no, I'm not giving up. Until March 8th - MrsG66's birthday lunch out at Chez Bruce. :über-smug:

8 March? Your post of 11 January, said, in part, this:

"So far:
    - me (7 Jan to 9 March with a day off),"

So:

1. is 8 March your day off?
    2. are you now changing your mind? or
    3. have you got your wife's birthday wrong?

P.S. I wouldn't rush back onto the beer; try wine. Ok, so San Miguel and Kingfisher aren't exactly stellar beers, but I didn't let out a "My God! That tastes good!" (story will be different in Belgium :D ) and they made me realise how bloated beer can make you feel (no, that wasn't the curry :wink: ).
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Hmm. My birthday was my day off. MrsG66's birthday is 10th. For no good reason I thought we'd be out on her birthday. However, I've now found she :oops: has booked CB for the 8th, apparently so we can take the juniors :?

The target was to have been her birthday celebration, which it still is. The date of that has changed though.

Edit: first post I said to the end of the first week in March. The 8th is after that. I'm just readopting my first position. :wink:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • linsen wrote:

Not sure I'm the last. Has it been worth it? Sort of. Don't feel fitter, thinner, healthier, more alert, any of that stuff. Apart from that, yeah, I'm good!

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Greg66 wrote:
    linsen wrote:

Not sure I'm the last. Has it been worth it? Sort of. Don't feel fitter, thinner, healthier, more alert, any of that stuff. Apart from that, yeah, I'm good!

Ah but how much money have or will you have saved by March?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    linsen wrote:

NONE! There's a huge stash of wine in the cellar and Xmas leftover beer in the beer fridge.

Actually, very little rather than none. I've stopped buying beer with lunch at the weekends. So a little bit.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:

Keep it up Greg do not weeken now. :P

I'm keeping you company. I've been on the wagon from 18th December. :mrgreen:
  • itboffin
    Greg66 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    linsen wrote:

NONE! There's a huge stash of wine in the cellar and Xmas leftover beer in the beer fridge.

Actually, very little rather than none. I've stopped buying beer with lunch at the weekends. So a little bit.

Left over beer???? does not compute :lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • skye3737 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Unless you spent Xmas in Saudi Arabia, that's seriously impressive!

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:
    skye3737 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Unless you spent Xmas in Saudi Arabia, that's seriously impressive!

No not Saudi Arabia. :lol: I had to work all over Xmas and the new year which required me to drive a fair bit. I jumped on the wagon and have't fallen off yet but may do about the middle of March. :P .
  • This weekend was chuffing hard.

I spent a goodly part of Saturday daydreaming about how nice it would be to have a glass of beer/wine/champagne/v&t/caiparinha/mint julep (the minds does funny things when desperate)/frozen fruit margharita/mojito/frozen toffee vodka/more wine/different wine... You get the picture.

My resolve was paper thin. And yet with a cold, I wouldn't have been able to taste a thing.

I think the demons are trying to get me now.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    Well, I passed my self-imposed deadline a couple of weeks ago. Made moderate use of the 'included in the price' wine on holiday. Had a trip to the pub on Tuesday, woke up Wednesday morning thinking 'why the hell did I do that' and promptly went back off the booze again until Sunday. Unless you like the 'tramp slept in my mouth' feeling, you're perhaps not missing that much! Think 'dehydration', think 'headaches', think 'my legs feel like jelly and I've just been scalped by a shopper' (well, perhaps not quite, but you get the point), and all of a sudden that nice glass of ice-cold water looks a lot more appetising.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    cjcp wrote:
    P.S. I wouldn't rush back onto the beer; try wine. Ok, so San Miguel and Kingfisher aren't exactly stellar beers, but I didn't let out a "My God! That tastes good!" (story will be different in Belgium :D ) and they made me realise how bloated beer can make you feel (no, that wasn't the curry :wink: ).

Triple Karmeliet

do it.. it's the business
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • cjcp
    Clever Pun wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Triple Karmeliet

do it.. it's the business

Natrually, I will seek them out. :D To date, my personal favourites ar Kwak and Grimbergen.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    I abstained from bikeradar today :shock:

First day on the new job so I showed some willing. Needn't have bothered though - the boss was off and not much work to do today!
  • cjcp
    Normal service resumes tomorrow then? :wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    The boss is due back in tomorrow so we shall see.
  • itboffin
    Okay it's been so long since I've had a drink now I can't even remember but this afternoon this foolishness ends.

I am as they say "gagging for it" :lol:

guinness%5B1%5D(1).jpg
  • itboffin
    Well that went well :?

I remember the first couple of tequilas after that :shock:

Not sure what just happened :oops:
  • Weakling. :twisted:

Seven days left. I am really gasping for a drink now.

I think that had I relented 2 or 3 weeks ago, I could have moved back into the ways of the demon drink in moderation. As it is, I'm so desperate now that come next weekend I'll be drinking enough to make up for all the drinks I've missed over the last two months.

I think that's probably a bit counter-productive.

Hey-ho. :roll:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    I confess, I had some banoffee pie on Saturday. And a glass of (hideous) punch. And some white wine.

Then couldn't sleep at all. And felt like death yesterday.

:cry::cry::cry:
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Greg66 wrote:
    come next weekend I'll be drinking enough to make up for all the drinks I've missed over the last two months.

Nah, your tolerance will have dropped off so much that you'll be unconscious half-way through the first bottle of vino...
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Greg66 wrote:
    come next weekend I'll be drinking enough to make up for all the drinks I've missed over the last two months.

Nah, your tolerance will have dropped off so much that you'll be unconscious half-way through the first bottle of vino...

Wasn't unconscious but did have a cracking hangover after 3 glasses of wine last week. How the hell am I going to survive a stag weekend?
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • Feltup wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Wasn't unconscious but did have a cracking hangover after 3 glasses of wine last week. How the hell am I going to survive a stag weekend?

Best hangover remedy - dose up on bit volumes of multivitamins for a couple of days before hand.

Or simply take them regularly.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Feltup wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Just keep drinking - don't give the hangover a chance to materialise... :wink:
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Feltup wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Just keep drinking - don't give the hangover a chance to materialise... :wink:

Ahhh the drink until you are sober technique! I have actually done this twice, well I thought I was sober but for some reason I still fancied a kebab.

Thanks Gregg66 for the vitamins advice, it almost sounds like proper medical knowledge, "trusst me I'm a doctor" :wink:
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • itboffin
    Is it possible to still be drunk 2 days after you've stopped?

I really have no recollection from about 22:00 Sat until 10:00 the next morning, that's bad right?
  • So much for waiting until breakfast.

Just got in (post midnight) and that beer was dead.

I declare this idiot Society officially wound up.

Thank fcuk for that. :D

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A