Weekend Social Rides

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Yep, good photos. You have a lot of bikes, ITB. A lot of bikes. :shock:

Jash - you're a satorial tsunami. Chapeau. 8)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JonGinge wrote:
    You must have gone out really early doors. I got 3 laps in at lunchtime but traffic was really bad and the wind was picking up lap on lap. Was going to do some more but saw the thunder clouds on the horizon and legged it.

Went out just before 8. Got back in time for bacon and egg sarnies. :D (And, right there, is why I can't shift that extra bit of weight!)

Wise idea to leg it - you must have just missed the rain!
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    First off - massive thanks to Stephen and his lovely wife and daughter for putting up with all of us and providing the most welcome support car service ever, as well as a fantastic dinner afterwards.

As for the ride, first few miles in the sun were fab, some great hills, air raising descents and fast flats. Then the weather turned, for the worse, in a big way. Gusty winds, stinging rain and windchill. I can confirm 3 things:

1: Don't wear fingerless gloves when it's wet and cold :cry:
    2: Never use deep rim wheels in a force 10 gale :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    3: Support cars RULE. Warm, dry gloves, and a change of jacket have never been more welcome. Sadly none of us have any pictures of the bad weather, it was far to cold and wet to be poncing about with cameras.

Bass suffered a puncture in the worst of the weather and had to run to the nearest pub, thankfully only 1/2 a mile away. There was no chance of changing it as none of us could feel our hands! Despite the shelter of the pub, I was still shivering after a brandy, coffee, beer and soup. Thankfully the sun came out and we made it home just as the rain started again. The last few miles found us with the wind at our backs and allowed for some good speed.

Special mention for DDD who completed his longest ride ever in the worst weather I've ever cycled in - talk about MTFU in a big way.

Chapeau to everyone - here's hoping next time's a little warmer. What we did of the route was very enjoyable and in good weather it would be a great day on the bike.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Brilliant photos! I am so jealous I can't tell you. On the plus side, I had 15 minutes on my bike today pootling around the local back streets. Knee is fine (though creaking/squeaking internally with every stroke) and ribs only hurt, as predicted, when I allowed myself to get out of breath. Which was regularly, despite my gentleness, making it clear quite how much fitness I've lost.

I probably won't commute for a few days as I felt quite vulnerable even on back roads, but it was encouraging nevertheless.
  • il_principe
    From the Garmin:

Weather Data Average Low High

Temperature (°F) 44.2 41 46.4
    Relative Humidity (%) 71.8 57.4 87.2
    Wind Speed (mph) 23.2 14.9 33.3

Just to give you and idea as to how hairy the descents were in that weather, my top speed descending was: 37.5mph, lower than top speed on the flat which was 38.6mph.

I wouldn't be too jealous Blondie, that's the coldest I've ever been on the bike I reckon. Properly bloody freezing! Garmin says 5 degrees, but factor in windchill and I reckon it was minus 3/4 at times.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    lovely and sunny here, so far though not sure for how much longer! windy though.

Well, I went out in the sun and howling wind at about 1300, got about 5 miles into my ride, then it started to absolutely tip it down, so I went back!

Then I took the dogs for a walk when the rain stopped, saw a cycle club out on a sunday ride, muttered grumpily to the great dane, went back, had some lunch, got back into the slightly damp bike kit, did a lap of my 4 mile loop (so unfit), then headed off again for a longer spin.

5 miles from home, it started to absolutely tip it down so I went back.

Grumble.

bother sounds like a anoying day for you, mine and my wee wifes has been grand.

though jealous of the boys/girls ride. but to be honest jokes aside the man flu us enought that that ride would be too much at the moment.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    From the Garmin:

Weather Data Average Low High

Temperature (°F) 44.2 41 46.4
    Relative Humidity (%) 71.8 57.4 87.2
    Wind Speed (mph) 23.2 14.9 33.3

Just to give you and idea as to how hairy the descents were in that weather, my top speed descending was: 37.5mph, lower than top speed on the flat which was 38.6mph.

I wouldn't be too jealous Blondie, that's the coldest I've ever been on the bike I reckon. Properly bloody freezing! Garmin says 5 degrees, but factor in windchill and I reckon it was minus 3/4 at times.

Pretty close for me too just pipped by the HOTA, what figures do you have for ascent/descent.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • il_principe
    Total Elevation 6,333
    Elevation Gain 3,145
    Elevation Loss 3,188

Thanks again!
  • itboffin
    Just a quick reminder folks the next RP ride is on the 15th, the next SCR sportive is in the capable hands of Attica, I hear it goings to be really boring with no hills or snow :lol::lol::lol:

An we haven't forgotten about the N.Wales ride as suggested way back in this thread, Snowdonia anyone :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited March 2009
    I promised a review of the Marlborough Loop:

I look at Jash, he looks back at me, I’ve removed my wrap-arounds so that he can see the depth, fury and power I’m about to unleash, he smiles and looks ahead. We go.

Bam!

Nah who am I kidding….

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven.

There was a moment where I was so cold I had brain freeze and most of the ride is a blur, so here is what I remember/my review.

Firstly: Thanks to Mr and Mrs ITB and the pure sweetness personified within ITB junior. Wonderful hosts, lovely house, excellent hospitality and positively delicious food! ITB thanks for letting me wear your wife’s clothing. Life saver!

OK what I remember. The first hill, I got up it and the guys waited for me. They applauded saying “you made it”. I don’t think they realised that was the tone of my ride.

Then there was a downhill so steep I gripped the brakes so hard, so very hard and I was still somewhere between warp speed and hyperspace. All the others had zoomed on ahead I just wanted to reach the bottom alive. There was no downhill section on that ride I did without engaging the brakes all the way down. Them f*ckers were steep, swirly and scary. They were epic.

Everything is then a blur until Heavens Gatling gun shot me multiple times. Rain has never hurt before. It came down so hard I couldn’t see with my wrap-arounds and I couldn’t take them off the rain was too fierce. Then the rain and wind hit my eye (somehow) and dislodged my contact lens so I had to take my wraps off, hope and pray! Thankfully Bassjunkie punctured so we had to stop early at the pub…

Pub stop; lots of moans, groans and an ever cheerful Linsen whose (ever present and legendary – seriously it has to be experienced) laugh bought out the Sun. After the support car provided a new wheel, warmth and the pub soup gave sustenance we set off up yet another steep hill. I fell off. Cramp in my drunkenly injured knee meant I needed to clip-out. Couldn’t. Lost balance and bam I was on the floor. Got back up in the spot I fell determined to do every inch of this ride. I got back on and rode nursing the knee. Thanks guys for waiting that felt like one almighty wait.

The last leg was more amazing than I can describe I’ve never ridden a bike without being controlled by traffic lights so this was bliss… Linsen was ahead, Jash shoot past me, ITB, Attica and then Bass and suddenly I’m at the back and falling behind. Then something happened, it all started working and I got my 18th wind…. All that I endured: the pain, sweat, twinge of cramp in the left calf (don’t drink alcohol before a ride if you don’t have a lightening metabolism) and bruised right knee (from my off, which was never going to show up on me without proper inspection…) was worth it. I kid you not I felt like Lance Armstorng, there was a camera on me panning at a 40 degree angle. I was on TV. I was in the Tour de France. With nothing ahead of me, the others a figment in the distance and Jash in another timezone I moved up the gears and pedalled and pedalled. It was beautiful! That sensation, the experience is the whole reason I ride a bike. I loved it. I would pay money and for that ITB has my eternal thanks.

Side comment: I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again and keep saying it! You fast guy’s need to take Basjunkie/Mark out with you. When you think this guy doesn’t do many sportives/weekend rides, hasn’t been to Richmond Park, the bulk of his rides are commuting in London and he rides a £350 Giant SCR - same as mine. The fact he kept up with the lead pack and laid down a solid lashing of speed is damn spectacular. Chapeau sir!

Sure I don’t need a new bike, certainly at my weight not carbon fibre but I honestly believe he’d benefit from something lighter and stiffer. Sure Jash was awesome as was Linsen – who is deceivingly strong - ITB and Attica but give this guy his due.

Lastly: Thanks to the guys for waiting for me when I was so far behind, several times over. I commend you for your patience and made my ride all the more enjoyable.

What I loved the most was that there was a clear range of ability, from the supersonic Jash and the perpetually slow me and it was enjoyable, fun. I’ve learned so much. I would encourage everyone to take part.

My first ride without traffic lights. My first consistent ride beyond 20/30miles. My first ride out of London in over a decade. My first ride with others. Would I do it again? What is everyone doing next week? Fancy a bike ride?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    edited March 2009
    What a lovely post!

DDD you were a real trooper, and I thought you did a great job!

Jim - hope the bike recovers - your poor baby :cry:

ITB and family - what great hospitality - many thanks.

The only thing I have to add is that I broke my glasses trying to dry them off at a stop, and after the soup thawed my brain I had the revelation that I could repair them with a puncture patch - never let it be said that I am not resourceful (even it was an inimitable look)

Once again a ride that I attended was full of drama in some way or another - you can't get rid of me that easily though........ :wink:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • itboffin
    One final reminder for the day/night the Highclere sportive is the 7th June and once again in my neck of the woods, if you find yourself free come along, usual ITB hospitality applies I might even be so bold as to risk the BBQ.

I will be doing the CommuniCat and true to SCR form I'll be SSing :D

http://www.cyclegb.co.uk/
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    AW YOU GUYS HAD SUCH FUN AM SO JEALOUS
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    With the benefit of a good nights sleep between me and the Marlborough loop I have to say that that was fantastic fun.

Stephen, that was truly wonderfully organised and over some very beautiful terrain.

Cheers - less weather next time please.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    itboffin wrote:
    Hope you guys are OK - strong winds and lashing rain here at the moment :(

It's okay they're all alive but only just :shock: we had every kind of weather including snow :shock: :shock: :shock: and headwinds from hell, unfortunately we didn't complete the 2nd section due to a slight force 10 gale but I did manage to perfect the 45 degree lean whilst going in a straight line :lol:

There are many many stories which no doubt will trickle through but for now here's some pictures to WET your appetite :lol:

http://picasaweb.google.com/itboffin/MarlboroughLoop#

I can also confirm that Jash can damn close if not spot on 40mph on the flat :shock:

Congrats gentlemen (and lady) - seriously well done - I've got to do Snowdon 8)
  • il_principe
    Just finished cleaning Il Principe... disappointed to see that some rust has crept onto the teeth of the casette and a tiny bit on the chain. My fault for not sorting things out last year. Thankfully I've got all the rust off the chain and it's as good as new, less joy with the cassette but hey ho. I guess there must have stl been some grit mixed into the sludge we tackled! Still, all is good now and I think I've been forgiven :shock: :lol:

Duvet day today, very tempted to go for a spin but the training plan calls for a day off, mmmm.
  • itboffin
    Just finished cleaning Il Principe... disappointed to see that some rust has crept onto the teeth of the casette and a tiny bit on the chain. My fault for not sorting things out last year. Thankfully I've got all the rust off the chain and it's as good as new, less joy with the cassette but hey ho. I guess there must have stl been some grit mixed into the sludge we tackled! Still, all is good now and I think I've been forgiven :shock: :lol:

Duvet day today, very tempted to go for a spin but the training plan calls for a day off, mmmm.

I've just finished cleaning mine, rust on the cassette and chain :evil: grit everywhere and lots of brake rubber on the rims, a few more frame scratches and chips plus the old white saddle/bar tape is looking a little more 'aged' :roll:

It's still windy here just like yesterday and cold so I've invoked my rest day :D which is good because I have such an appetite.
  • DonDaddyD

You've got rust as well!!? My chain and cassette are rusty (though my components were in poor shape to begin with - ITB told me that a chain and cassette isn't supposed to be black...).

I don't have the luxury of a duvet day and had to commute to work, all kinds of stiff in my knee and outright pain at the back of the right ankle. Also my bike is crying out for oil with the chain and cassette is squeaking like crazy!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • linsen
    Ah - the benefits of having a really greasy and horrible drivetrain - no room for the rust to creep in :wink:
  • itboffin
    Def some scope here for completely sealed drive train, one day when I have a job i'm going to buy Ti chain and cassette if they exist, I hate cleaning chains :evil:

Or I could just throw the chain away after every wet ride :D
  • attica
    Oh, I forgot to mention the horror of discovering that certain parts of my anatomy were blue when I visited the pub toilet.

Frankly I was glad to find it still there. :shock: :shock: :oops: :shock:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • attica
    Moving swiftly on...

Any preffered dates for the Mendip ride then folks? I can't do the 19th as I'm off to the North Cornwall Tor.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • itboffin
    Attica wrote:
    Moving swiftly on...

Any preffered dates for the Mendip ride then folks? I can't do the 19th as I'm off to the North Cornwall Tor.

How about the 5th?
  • linsen
    edited March 2009
    I am away then - right area as it happens but likely only to have my MTB with me :-(

Edit to say - yes yes I know, you want good weather for it. I'll just stay away :cry:
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    my wee sister lives around that parts might just be a goer for me have to see how things pan out as ever.
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    I love stories of epic daring do's! Well done for all the MTFU points you earned. It looks like you had fun in a survival sort of way. Especially well done to DDD for braving that as your first big ride.

I got super lucky thanks to Midday christening I had to attend which forced me out on the bike at 8am and into some beautiful weather. I was only allowed 2 hours on the bike max before I had to be back to make myself presentable so I decided on an out and back from Sheffield up the Snake Pass. The head wind on the way out was pretty tough but the wind assist on the way back was gratefully received! 33 miles only but 3000ft ascent made the 16mph av seem a bit better. I just wish I could have been riding with you folks as I am sure the craich would have been great.
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • DonDaddyD
    Thanks to all for their kind words.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    THAT WAS EPIC :-D

First off I'd just like to echo the comments of the other attendees, I'd like to say a huge thank you to ITB, Mrs ITB and Little Miss ITB for their wonderful hospitality, support, food and room for the previous night! Very much appreciated :-)

I'll try to start from the beggining so I hopefully won't forget anything! Rising nice and early in the morning to complete the pre-ride checks and start fuelling up for what should be an excellent ride the weather is looking perfect, we can see blue skies from the conservatory as we tuck into our porridge and the trees don't even appear to be moving! Once we're finished we start checkng our rides to make sure they are "race ready", I spotted a brake block a few mm's out of line that wasn't quite hitting the rim right - easily corrected and based on ITB's warnings I wanted to make sure my brakes where working to their best, something that I was later to find out was a vital detail!!!!!!

The rest of the guys (and gal) arrived and preparations began proper and suddenly lycra become the outfit choice of the moment! James was painstakingly putting Ill Principle together and our spares and snacks where loaded into the support vehicle. We all lined up for our "before" group photo and then headed out following ITB to begin our journey.

It all started out fairly easy going (for a group of SCRer's) until we hit the first straight with a gentle decline, everyone started spinning up and before we know it we've hit 30! We'll by us I mean everyone except JA who seems to have incorporated a rocket booster into his bike and was already leaving us for dead! We pass through a few towns and come to one of our catch-up points, right by the 17% hill, and a full lycraed up roadie goes past us........as I roll-up I say "I know exactly what each of you are thinking!", once we re-group ITB just says "Lets get him!". Now I found this quite amusing as I'd only said to ITB and DDD jokingly in the morning what would happen if we meet a group or a single roadie out there and how we could act as a lead out train to deliver our Pinarello riding rocket, for a devastating scalping! As it happened said rocket didn't need a lead out and just locked on and went after him. We did our best to follow but the 17% hill also came with a nasty left-right chicane that I just couldn't negotiate at speed as I wasn't that confident! Once the road straightened out, but thankfully didn't level out, I went round Attica (thank you for that!) and dropped a few cogs at the rear........everything went blurry as I could see NOTHING coming the other way and all I had to contend with was changing gears, keeping my bike in a straight line and keeping tucked! Ahead I could just make out JA and ITB with our target a bit ahead. As the road flattens out I can see ITB and JA waiting and start to apply the brakes as it ends at a road junction.
    My Cateye registered it as 41.5 and Sportstracker got it at 41.3mph - equalling my PB but damn was this one more exhilarating!

We carry on to our first re-fuelling stop and have a few snacks and refill our water bottles. I'm left counting my lucky stars after I put my gloves back on and find something in my finger.........after taking the glove off and investigating I find a bumble bee :shock: Seems I managed to partially squash it when I put my hand in and it thankfully didn't sting me. I eventually shake it out and put the poor little thing out of it's misery. A couple of the party comment that the weather looks like it's gonna change. I ignore this and leave my Gill jacket in the support vehicle. About 10 minutes after re-starting we start to get a few spits as we climb. Spits turned into spots and spots turned into full on rain over the next 30 minutes. All the while we had a wind coming in from the left side. I remember this clearly as that side of my face was getting number and my top was getting a rather neat two-tone appearance thanks to the left facing side getting wet and the right side staying dry!

Once we get to the summit the rain has well and truly set in and it nos feels like I'm riding into a thorn bush. We re-grouped at the top as we tried in vain to shelter under some trees opposite some farm buildings. The rain doesn't look like it's gonna let up so we all MTFU and carry on riding, for fear of hypothermia setting in!

The next section is what will now become "the worst ride of my life". The rain didn't let up - it just got harder. The wind was relentless and the only real respite came when it changed sides to now numb the right side of my body :-) Another butt clenching descent which I think I did with my brakes on, not that I was getting any positive feedback from my fingers or an apparent reduction in speed! Once we got round a few corners the road thankfully straightened up which meant we could at least almost see it was clear ahead but the cross winds and rain meant it was no time for kamikaze like speed attempts with safe and easy being the order of the day. We then rejoined civilization for a brief while as we got some cars. It was shortly after this that I was sure I could hear a new noise added to my bikes usual creeks and clunks. This however didn't sound mechanical and could better me described as a bubbling noise every so often, I'm sure I've heard this noise before but dismissed it and kept on just trying to follow the road. Eventually it stopped and then my front wheel felt a little to firm...........AH SH!T!!! PUNCTURE!!!!!

We where about 2 miles from our originally planned pub stop for lunch so a quick word with ITB confirmed there was another pub about 1/2 mile away. It was still raining and the wind was coming in. I was already feeling the cold as I now wasn't moving. There was no point trying to fix it roadside as no-one had working hands so it was agreed I'd meet them at the pub. It was at this point that my journey turned into a cyclo-cross event as I hopped up into the field (or golg course) next to the road and started jogging with my bike! In all honesty it was just what I needed as the activity kept me warm and I was making good ground, for once I was grateful that I had MTB style shoes on as I don't think proper road shoes would have taken kindly to running on the muddy field, let along the pavement once I found my turn off! ITB had graciously managed to flag me down and rode off ahead to the pub to get warm. A few minutes later we where all re-united, wet and rather cold!

The pub we stopped at was extremely generous, letting us leave our steeds round the back under a gazebo and putting the radiators on so we could at least try to dry out some of our now sodden gear. After a coffee I was feeling a little warmer but had to make a quick exit from my chair as my leg cramped! Much to the delight of my fellow riders and I dread to think what the other patrons thought :-) Still after a packet of Thai Sweet Chilli Walkers, a bowl of soup with bread and the lovely fleece blanket that Mrs ITB supplied from the support vehicle I had at least warmed up a bit! I swapped my front wheel for the spare in the car to avoid having to faff with inner tubes and re-inflation then we set off again. At this point I was actually glad I left my Gill in the car at our first stop as I now had a dry outer layer to keep the wind off. Unfortunately my cycle jersey was still soaking so that got a lift back!

A hill within 200 yards of the pub soon warmed us all up as we all worked our way up. I was without my usual electronic wizardy as my computer magnet was on my original wheel and my GPS had turned off meaning my phone was relying on it's build in GPS for locations, meaning a HUGE drain on the battery which kept flashing low at the pub, I deactivated the Sportstracker and had to conclude my documenting the route from there.
    This was a terrible shame as we still had the super fast downhill section to complete.
    We started out on the descent of said hill and it seemed to be some sort of twisted irony that it should be that moment that it starts to rain.........and then Satan's own side wind hits! For a change I was ahead of James, who I don't think was fairing so well with his lovely deep section rims as the cross wind took me by surprise! I had visions of needing to remove him from a hedge as we'd already had a few near misses when riding together in the winds. I managed to keep it straight and had a rather scary corner to negotiate, I do remember actually asking my bike to "stick with me here" at one point as I got blustered around, we made it down in one piece but I'd love to come back with better weather and a working speedo to see what I could do!

As we followed the route back to ITB's we had one of those runs that can only be described as the reason you ride a bike. Initially I hung back to keep DDD company but he said to ride on as he didn't want to slow me down, we already knew we didn't have to turn off this road so I went off in an effort to catch back up with the rest of them. At this point I could see us strung out down the road. I caught up with Linsen and we had a lovely chat as we rode along, only punctuated by the occasional car and unfortunately a few ignorant tw4ts who still insist on passing within inches when the opposite lane is completely empty!

Once we returned to chateu ITB it was universally agreed that despite the adverse weather it was an excellent ride! The food was excellent (and well needed!) and the conversation was even better :-) All in all a day to remember and one I'd happily love to try again, maybe with some better weather

DDD - Well done mate, that was one hell of a ride and you survived! Chapeau sir :-D

Attica - Thank you SO MUCH for the kind load of the knee warmers, having never tried them before I am a convert! My cycling wardrobe will hopefully include a set soon!

Linsen - Even tho we suspected you might be a bad omen, your positive mood and great sense of humour brightened the whole day!

JA - It was an honour to finally meet Ill Principle, that is one incredible piece of engineering and a beautiful bike. Such a shame the weather changed but I now have something to aspire to, owning one of those bikes and being able to pilot it faster then you can ;-)

ITB - What more can I say but thank you! Not only did you scout out this amazing route (such a "difficult" job I understand!) but you also offered a bed and food! I'm eternally grateful to both you and your lovely family!

FWIW here's my Sportstracker output for the first leg until the lunch pub stop:

https://sportstracker.nokia.com/nts/wor ... ?id=738002

There are a few photo's on there taken at one of the hill peaks.

I think that's about it from me now all I have to add is that I appear to have found another way to clean my bike.........use a car rack :-) The right side of my bike (the one that was facing the car) is almost spotless! I think a combination of the snow as we set off and 40 miles on the M3 gave it an impromptu pressure cleaning! Even my brake block holders are sparkling :-D Of course the left side is still a mess and I have a rather flat looking front tyre which I'm just about to tackle, so without further to do I bid you all farewell as I'm off to go get friendly with my poorly inner tube :lol:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Epic post BJUK. Chapeau and bravo, sir. And to all the intrepid SCR adventurers.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    Ah your all too kind :oops: it was our pleasure.

I'd love to host another ride in the summer (fingers crossed we have one) - early start over the downs finishing with a BBQ in the forest, bliss :D
    I have a ton of similar rides include a couple of hilly ones :lol:

Did I mention I live 10 miles from Highclere castle :D