Weekend Social Rides

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Sewinman wrote:
    I now can't make this as am going to a rave in Shoreditch on friday night and will in be in no fit state on sunday to do anything other than eat roast.

Dude I'm saying this in all seriousness. If it takes you two whole days to a recover from rave you either:

(i) Are too old to be raving.
    (ii) Need to seriously cut back on whatever you are taking or drinking.

What rave are you going to? Are there any girlies you got your eye on!!???!!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    I now can't make this as am going to a rave in Shoreditch on friday night and will in be in no fit state on sunday to do anything other than eat roast.

Dude I'm saying this in all seriousness. If it takes you two whole days to a recover from rave you either:

Its probably (i) and (ii)...30 year old in June :x

Its a birthday party of a mate and its in some kind of 'industrial unit' on old street..v Nathan Barley. Last time I went to bed on saturday afternoon, so thought of bike rides on sunday is a bit of a non-starter.
  • biondino wrote:
    The Marlborough ride will be 2 weeks after the broken rib incident and I won't have ridden much/at all in that fortnight. Realistically, it ain't gonna happen for me, is it?

Maybe have a try around RP this weekend? May be too early which would be a shame
  • DonDaddyD
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Its a birthday party of a mate and its in some kind of 'industrial unit' on old street..v Nathan Barley. Last time I went to bed on saturday afternoon, so thought of bike rides on sunday is a bit of a non-starter.

You better be making sure there's an annoymous women (whose name you don't know or care to remember) waking up next to you if your planning on not having enough energy to cycle on Sunday as well as the initial staying in bed until Saturday afternoon... otherwise that's just icky!!!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    itboffin wrote:
    You're not going to need to walk, either of you! Have some faith.

Oh and MTFU WTFU respectively!

I'm looking forward to this.

Oh - should I wear modesty shorts over the lycra, or will standard kit be acceptable? I don't want to be stoned by the local yokels!

the order of the day should be lightness - we have a support vehicle to carry the extra clothes, food water spares etc :D

There's a strong chance I might have a NEW bike by then as well, after all it will nearly be spring/summer etc cough!

Support vehicle, seriously? This is fantastic. Which poor soul has volunteered for this?

The ITB support team of course :wink:

Surely you all have a support team? :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Biondio it just wouldn't be the same without you. :cry:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    itboffin wrote:
    Biondio it just wouldn't be the same without you. :cry:

For a start there would be far fewer toilet stops :wink:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Sewinman
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

You better be making sure there's an annoymous women (whose name you don't know or care to remember) waking up next to you if your planning on not having enough energy to cycle on Sunday as well as the initial staying in bed until Saturday afternoon... otherwise that's just icky!!!

Hope so. I have a v hot date tonight too - but I have arranged it so I can watch Wales v France rugby, so hopefully she won't start asking stupid questions or talk too much when the game is on.
  • DonDaddyD
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Hope so. I have a v hot date tonight too - but I have arranged it so I can watch Wales v France rugby, so hopefully she won't start asking stupid questions or talk too much when the game is on.

A hot date and Rugby... :shock:

Dude... I would not stake Rugby on me getting some, never, not ever. I'd miss the Rugby. I like the alternative far too much...

In fact I'd claim we were going to watch the Rugby, force her to come and then surprise her with a meal, a theatre and then a piano bar or somewhere some guy is playing a Saxophone. Saxophone's will always get you a sip from the holy grail... :wink:
    Food Chain number = 4

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Sewinman you old romantic. Rugby for a date, how will she resist? :shock:

You're supposed to wait until they are settled in the relationship before inflicting sport on them!

Good luck fella.
  • Sewinman
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Dude... I would not stake Rugby on me getting some, never, not ever. I'd miss the Rugby. I like the alternative far too much...

In fact I'd claim we were going to watch the Rugby, force her to come and then surprise her with a meal, a theatre and then a piano bar or somewhere some guy is playing a Saxophone. Saxophone's will always get you a sip from the holy grail... :wink:

If she is not happy watching rugby with me in a pub and going to the bar and getting me pints, and not talking during the match - then she isnt for me. It is a test case. Can't be bothered with all that romancing bollox.
  • DonDaddyD
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

If she is not happy watching rugby with me in a pub and going to the bar and getting me pints, and not talking during the match - then she isnt for me. It is a test case. Can't be bothered with all that romancing bollox.

I agree... wouldn't do it on a first date though...

Sounds like your looking long term... planning on settling down... Ah young love!
    Food Chain number = 4

• il_principe
    Old love more like!

Actually I'm 30 this year so shouldn't joke.
  • Sewinman
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Sounds like your looking long term... planning on settling down... Ah young love!

Its the third date and she absolutly loves rugby and pints.....bit of a 'geezer bird'....pretty though. I went out with a girl for 8 years until recently so don't really know what to do on the dating front. And yeah - I don't do short-term. Actually keep needing to remind myself that she isnt actually my girl friend! I keep assuming she is!
  • il_principe
    Sounds like safe ground then. Best of luck!

I'm taking the missus bike shopping next weekend. Wooooo!
  • DonDaddyD
    edited February 2009
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Its the third date and she absolutly loves rugby and pints.....bit of a 'geezer bird'....pretty though. I went out with a girl for 8 years until recently so don't really know what to do on the dating front. And yeah - I don't do short-term. Actually keep needing to remind myself that she isnt actually my girl friend! I keep assuming she is!

Third date huh... make sure you have Barry White in your stereo... tonights the night! The ideology of MTFU has never been more important (to you) than tonight! This is why we do all those hill reps and ride around Richmond Park - 'wow get me, I'm psyched for you...' :shock:

I like me a 'geezer-bird' they're still 'girly playful' but can handle the occasional wrestle, headlock and whatnot... :oops:

I like and respect your stance of short-term, not that either is wrong.

Also assume that she is you girlfriend, tell her that - in a jokey way - so she gets used to idea! Failing that growl and grunt at her, hit her over the head with a club and drag her back to your place. Barefoot and Pregnant is the way! Growl and Grunt!

Edit: - On the dating front, I told my girlfriend I was a novice and was making it up as I went along, 'mistakes will happen, so sorry in advance'' is what I said... she laughed. (This technique of lowering expectations also helps on that third date :wink: ). She was just a nervous as I was. I did the stuff you read in the books see in the movies, compliment her shoes, hair, parts of her that clearly she made effort on (finger nails, hand bags etc) I don't think dating ever changes that much...
    Food Chain number = 4

• Sewinman
    Chhers bruvs! I am releasing the inner neanderthal! :twisted:
  • Sewinman
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Third date huh... make sure you have Barry White in your stereo... tonights the night! The ideology of MTFU has never been more important (to you) than tonight! This is why we do all those hill reps and ride around Richmond Park - 'wow get me, I'm psyched for you...' :shock:

I like me a 'geezer-bird' they're still 'girly playful' but can handle the occasional wrestle, headlock and whatnot... :oops:

I like and respect your stance of short-term, not that either is wrong.

Also assume that she is you girlfriend, tell her that - in a jokey way - so she gets used to idea! Failing that growl and grunt at her, hit her over the head with a club and drag her back to your place. Barefoot and Pregnant is the way! Growl and Grunt!

Edit: - On the dating front, I told my girlfriend I was a novice and was making it up as I went along, 'mistakes will happen, so sorry in advance'' is what I said... she laughed. (This technique of lowering expectations also helps on that third date :wink: ). She was just a nervous as I was. I did the stuff you read in the books see in the movies, compliment her shoes, hair, parts of her that clearly she made effort on (finger nails, hand bags etc) I don't think dating ever changes that much...

I did some complimenting last time but do worry about getting out of my depth...i know nothing about shoes for instance. I can't wait to be honest - she is the sort of girl who would have made a good buxom serving wench in a middle ages coaching inn. Sturdy! :lol:
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Hey boys - can you take this discussion elsewhere? It has nothing to do with Social Rides does it?

And DDD before you get on your soapbox, I know I can gat a bit off-topic, but you keep quoting each other and if anyone did want to know about a social ride they would have to wade through all this stonage guff about trapping poor unsuspecting women.

Take a hint - they will either like you or not, If they like you they will forgive you all your male indulgences, if not, then time will tell........
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • DonDaddyD
    Sewinman wrote:

I did some complimenting last time but do worry about getting out of my depth...i know nothing about shoes for instance. I can't wait to be honest - she is the sort of girl who would have made a good buxom serving wench in a middle ages coaching inn. Sturdy! :lol:

"X looks nice" pretty much takes care of the compliment department. Or "Your X looks nice, is it new?" and variations of those two sentences. Burds like to be noticed. Edit: If its not new and she wore it the last time you saw her just laugh it off and tell her your at least trying... be charming.

I'm going to start describing girls as sturdy! I love it!

Edit: Each situation demands a different but bring your A-game when you drop your lyrics.

Try this:

There's no question of a doubt
    I've checked all the ladies out
    Your the finest thing that I seen
    Sexy lady be my queen!

Alright!!!

8)
    Food Chain number = 4

• Sewinman
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

"X looks nice" pretty much takes care of the compliment department. Or "Your X looks nice, is it new?" and variations of those two sentences. Burds like to be noticed. Edit: If its not new and she wore it the last time you saw her just laugh it off and tell her your at least trying... be charming.

I'm going to start describing girls as sturdy! I love it!

Edit: Each situation demands a different but bring your A-game when you drop your lyrics.

Try this:

There's no question of a doubt
    I've checked all the ladies out
    Your the finest thing that I seen
    Sexy lady be my queen!

Alright!!!

8)

10/10 but we are not alllowed to talk anymore. :cry:
  • DonDaddyD
    linsen wrote:
    Hey boys - can you take this discussion elsewhere? It has nothing to do with Social Rides does it?

Well if you think about it techncally it does. Well hopefully for Sewinman, tonight, it will do.... :P
    And DDD before you get on your soapbox, I know I can gat a bit off-topic, but you keep quoting each other and if anyone did want to know about a social ride they would have to wade through all this stonage guff about trapping poor unsuspecting women.

:evil: You know what Linsen! :evil:

You're right, I'm sorry.
    Take a hint - they will either like you or not, If they like you they will forgive you all your male indulgences, if not, then time will tell........

This is sage advice and what it always boils down to...

I'll stop now.
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

You're already off to a bad start there old chap, if it's going pear shaped you could always resort to the tried and test falling on her technique.

You've checked that she really likes rugby.... right!?
  • :shock:

*congratulates self on lucky escape*

:lol:
  • Linsen - I think DDD and SM's conversation was vaguely on topic, after all he might get a "Weekend Social Ride" at some point :wink:

So hows about we do another roll call for something vaguely on topic, the Marlborough Loop?

CBA to go back 6 pages or whatever it is to find ITB's original list so I guess starting a new one is best..........

ITBoffin
    Bassjunkieuk

Add your name if your coming!

Also are you serious about this support vehicle? I was meaning to ask what I'd need to bring as I was thinking we'd need to secure bikes whilst eating which means bringing a lock which in turn means a bag................

Clothing wise I'm kewl with lycra down below and a cycle jersey or long sleeved top under cycle jersey depending on weather and stuffing my pockets and saddle bags with supplies :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    Linsen - I think DDD and SM's conversation was vaguely on topic, after all he might get a "Weekend Social Ride" at some point :wink:

So hows about we do another roll call for something vaguely on topic, the Marlborough Loop?

CBA to go back 6 pages or whatever it is to find ITB's original list so I guess starting a new one is best..........

ITBoffin
    Bassjunkieuk

Add your name if your coming!

Also are you serious about this support vehicle? I was meaning to ask what I'd need to bring as I was thinking we'd need to secure bikes whilst eating which means bringing a lock which in turn means a bag................

Clothing wise I'm kewl with lycra down below and a cycle jersey or long sleeved top under cycle jersey depending on weather and stuffing my pockets and saddle bags with supplies :-)

Of the original 11 I now have 8 but a roll call would be useful.

ITB support will provide the more serious tools extra extra tubes wheelset etc and some Shimano bike spares, sorry campy fans it's all I have, plus food & water and any extra clothes needed by the team :wink:

Not to mention providing refreshment at the 1st food stop and taking some photos :wink:

As for bike locks you're more than welcome to bring one and lug it round with you but the chances of a cow or some naughty sheep making off with your bike(s) is pretty remote, if you like i'll leave a couple of locks at the lunch stop - it's all very rural round these parts.

If the weather is dry and the temp breaks double digits then it's be a jackets off affair for me, spare tubes, co2 & a drink.
  • itboffin
    Today I will be mostly riding in the hills :wink: with a downhill home leg :D

www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=4547
  • talking of kits etc, re marlborough, the wee bike bag or not so wee has pump, inner tubes levers etc.

what sort of time you thinking people should arrive?
  • I'm gonna have my Master Blaster Pocket Rocket (with pressure gauge!) on the bike, so I can deal with any re-inflations :-) Tyre levers and basic tools in saddle bag and spare inner tube and possibly some shot blox (in case I get cramps!) in the rear pockets!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • I'm gonna have my Master Blaster Pocket Rocket (with pressure gauge!) on the bike, so I can deal with any re-inflations :-) Tyre levers and basic tools in saddle bag and spare inner tube and possibly some shot blox (in case I get cramps!) in the rear pockets!

i have almost the same but with out gauge. neet little thing.