Weekend Social Rides

Comments

• ITB - That road looks epic! I would have serious relationship issues if I lived near anything like that as I'd be out on it all day! It was one of the first times last night that I remembered just how nice it is to ride without noise when I hit some backroads in town and just had the noise of my tyres rolling on the road and the occasionally clicking of my freewheel!

ah the one issue i have with the fulcram 7's can't whisper along quiet lanes with out it, going CLAKKKKK.....
  • ITB - That road looks epic! I would have serious relationship issues if I lived near anything like that as I'd be out on it all day! It was one of the first times last night that I remembered just how nice it is to ride without noise when I hit some backroads in town and just had the noise of my tyres rolling on the road and the occasionally clicking of my freewheel!

ah the one issue i have with the fulcram 7's can't whisper along quiet lanes with out it, going CLAKKKKK.....

:lol: I did get quite a surprise when I took the Aksiums out at first, took me a while to get used to their noise but having meet up with DDD the other morning I can confirm his F7's are louder!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Bass and roger, there is no better sound that Fulcrums. There so noisy that they drown out ambient road noise and I'm not joking. I can't wait to have them polluting the Countryside. My very own bike stereo!!!

ITB that road looks wonderful! I reckon we should drag race it Fast and the Furious style!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • i do like the wheels, but i do find the noise a little crass at times, i mean it's louder than my MTB with it's mud tires and landrover roar...
  • DonDaddyD
    i do like the wheels, but i do find the noise a little crass at times, i mean it's louder than my MTB with it's mud tires and landrover roar...

The only thing wrong with them is that they don't spin - as in spinners you get on a car. Oh Fulcrum Spinners OOooo.

I love them they're load, crass looking (if you have the red ones, which I wanted but they were sold out - they're hardly understated) and the sound is vulgar! Beautiful absolutely Ghetto-tastic!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • cjcp wrote:
    Nah, they wouldn't be valid as we had a coffee stop after lap two. May try it one morning* this week if the weather holds.

CJCP & JonG - It was very good to meet you on Sunday. I'm sorry about the coffee stop but it did me well for the return trip home.

I was doing well through Kensington on the way home but time I got to Tottenham I was rogered

Must do it again and get a 3 lap time next time.

Regards DD
    [1]Ribble winter special
    [2] Trek 5200 old style carbon
    [3] Frankensteins hybrid FCN 8
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    edited February 2009
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    The only thing wrong with them is that they don't spin - as in spinners you get on a car. Oh Fulcrum Spinners OOooo.

Now that would be cool 8) 8)

Edit:
    Beautiful absolutely Ghetto-tastic!

Oh dear :lol: Also though, think of the weight increase :shock:
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    i do like the wheels, but i do find the noise a little crass at times, i mean it's louder than my MTB with it's mud tires and landrover roar...

I love them they're load, crass looking (if you have the red ones, which I wanted but they were sold out - they're hardly understated) and the sound is vulgar! Beautiful absolutely Ghetto-tastic!

i have the red ones, mind you my bike would give golem RIP more than a run for the money in the ugly stakes it got given a "intresting" paint job, at some point in the bikes life.

i do like the wheels but the noise is a bit much at times.

have to have a noisy freewheels roll around RP at some point!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I've just finished fitting a rear full length mud guard to the Mercian, which was fun :( i'm not sure if it looks better or worse but this I do know speeds of 15mph and over are a thing of the past.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Boffin, just the man. Was thinking about your Malborough (sp) jaunt, what date did you settle for in the end?
  • il_principe
    itboffin wrote:
    I've just finished fitting a rear full length mud guard to the Mercian, which was fun :( i'm not sure if it looks better or worse but this I do know speeds of 15mph and over are a thing of the past.

Not sure they were ever a possibility were they? :lol:
  • itboffin
    Boffin, just the man. Was thinking about your Malborough (sp) jaunt, what date did you settle for in the end?

Tiz set for the 8th March.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:

Not sure they were ever a possibility were they? :lol:

Down hill with the wind behind me, I have the weight advantage too :lol:
  • il_principe
    itboffin wrote:

Tiz set for the 8th March.

Excellent, I can def make that.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    cjcp wrote:
    Nah, they wouldn't be valid as we had a coffee stop after lap two. May try it one morning* this week if the weather holds.

CJCP & JonG - It was very good to meet you on Sunday. I'm sorry about the coffee stop but it did me well for the return trip home.

I was doing well through Kensington on the way home but time I got to Tottenham I was rogered

Must do it again and get a 3 lap time next time.

Regards DD
    Tim, I was beginning to wonder whether you made it home* ;)
    No worries about the coffee stop, it is 'weekend social rides' after all :) Soon warmed up again going up Broomfield hill...

Not surprised you were knackered; that was a fair old round trip through SCR country

* Not really, I saw you post on sunday evening
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • JonGinge wrote:
    I was beginning to wonder whether you made it home

It doesn't feel like I've been home, as this late post is yet another testament to my inability to sober up. Her indoors & nipper have b*ggered off to Wales as per in the holidays and I've ........not exactly sure really, but the mornings have been hell.

Hence the lack of posting since Sunday.

Tonight was going to be my day of the sauce but you know how it goes. It doesn't bode well for my 3 lap time..... :shock:

I've just realised I should be posting this on Gregg's thread..............................!

Either the bottom bracket thing is going or I'm getting fatter but its making a hell of noise
    [1]Ribble winter special
    [2] Trek 5200 old style carbon
    [3] Frankensteins hybrid FCN 8
  • YAHAY! Looks like I'm all good for the Marlborough Loop! Roll on 8th March :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    YAHAY! Looks like I'm all good for the Marlborough Loop! Roll on 8th March :-)

Good man, it's gonna be a blast :D

In other news it's slightly drizzling here with no wind from memory I recall these conditions are perfect for high speed, now all I need is a long straight smooth traffic free road :D
  • itboffin
    Can you please confirm you intention to attend on the 8th March, I need to get the numbers sorted for lunch/dinner start time etc.

Me
    Linsen
    Attica
    Jash
    Bass
    DDD
    Blondio
    Roger
    Jay

Take you name off or add as you see fit, if you're unsure yet then please state.

The rest of the schedule so far.
      Dec 21st - RP Jan 3rd - Isle of Wight Jan 18th - RP Feb 1st Hell of Ashdown Feb 15th - RP March 8st - Marlborough Loop March 15th - RP April 5th - Bristol area? (Attica) April 19th - RP
  • it is a clear weekend so i should be good to go, i'd most likely drive west, take a hr something i guess which means i will have a) space in car and b) space for 2 other bikes if needed, though you'd need to get to hampton! could bike it i guess....
  • I was hoping to take you up on the generous offer of kipping on the floor if that's still OK ITB? I can provide my own sleeping bag :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    I was hoping to take you up on the generous offer of kipping on the floor if that's still OK ITB? I can provide my own sleeping bag :-D

I think I can do slightly better than that, no need for a sleeping bag :D
  • itboffin wrote:
    I was hoping to take you up on the generous offer of kipping on the floor if that's still OK ITB? I can provide my own sleeping bag :-D

Your a gent! I'm still waiting to here if DDD or anyone else coming in from London would like a lift. I've got a 3 bike rack that I should be able to fit to my car if I can find the instructions for what fittings I need!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • il_principe
    itboffin wrote:

Your a gent! I'm still waiting to here if DDD or anyone else coming in from London would like a lift. I've got a 3 bike rack that I should be able to fit to my car if I can find the instructions for what fittings I need!

I have scrounged a car and have a deep seated distrust of bike racks*, but thanks for the offer!

*the thought of seeing bits of Prince scattered all over the Motorway is just too much to bear!
  • @JA - I think I'd be rather nervous with the Prince on the back! It was bad enough with the wife driving home from the Capital to Coast last year with my SCR on the back :oops:

I can lie my bike down in the rear IF I fold the rear seats down but that pretty much limits me to one bike, so it all depends on who's attending and needs a lift. If I wasn't being so kind to the wife I'd take the family bus which would allow the bikes to be neatly(ish) parked in the rear once the seats are folded up :-) Problem then is that it's not as fuel efficient as the eco-mobile ;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    This afternoons little jaunt on the tourer turning into a 48 mile 6500ft epic of hills, mud and rain - I loved every minute of it :D

As promised here's one of those MOD informative signs

3290954940_06f3b1ac7e.jpg

"The Road" was unfortunately covered in lots of mud and stones, damn tanks :evil:
  • itboffin
    No my bike didn't explode when I moved it :lol:
  • itboffin wrote:
    This afternoons little jaunt on the tourer turning into a 48 mile 6500ft epic of hills, mud and rain - I loved every minute of it :D

As promised here's one of those MOD informative signs

3290954940_06f3b1ac7e.jpg

"The Road" was unfortunately covered in lots of mud and stones, damn tanks :evil:

:lol::lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    itboffin wrote:

Yeah I would like a lift - unless I can my hands on a car as my car probably wouldn't make it. If I can get a car, I don't mind following you up or offering a lift.

And people better be nice to me! :twisted:
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Yeah I would like a lift - unless I can my hands on a car as my car probably wouldn't make it. If I can get a car, I don't mind following you up or offering a lift.

And people better be nice to me! :twisted:

Kewl, I'll fish out the bike rack (if your OK with that) and see if I can figure out the fittings to get it secured to my car :-D I'm planning on heading up the evening before if that's still good for you? I'll either PM or MSN you closer to the day to arrange details.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5