Yokels unite

Comments

• 26th? I will be totally skint til then, sales were slow after december and i only took home 750 quid last month :( And 6 weeks between the last and the next payday :shock:
    It's guna be a long haul :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Hmm - well, I would say first week back, but it might be too soon for some.....Ho hum.
  • ris
    ris Posts: 392
    i would reckon i'd have more chance of dragging myself across to the dock toward the end of the month, mainly due to disorganisation but also a bit of cashflow. 23 / 24 jan might be achievable.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    So brizzle drinks.... when....?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Dang, I have friends coming to stay that weekend :(

What about tomorrow? :P
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    30th/31st is good for me this month :oops:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    redvee wrote:

You sure about that? Feb. right?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • redvee
    itboffin wrote:
    redvee wrote:

Yeah, knew that feb has only 29 days this month, was waiting for somebody to point out my error :lol:
  • sarajoy
    redvee wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    redvee wrote:

Yeah, knew that feb has only 29 days this month, was waiting for somebody to point out my error :lol:
    Well, 28 actually... ;)
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    redvee wrote:

Well, 28 actually... ;)

Does this mean I've been had over with my 2009 diary :(
  • itboffin
    Was it being sold cheap :lol:
  • redvee
    itboffin wrote:
    Was it being sold cheap :lol:

Sort of, it did have an '8' on the front crossed out and a '9' wrote instead. I was told it was a printing error on the cover and the pages were OK. :x
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Dredging this one up again, anyone fancy a ride on Friday? I feel like the loneliest cyclist in the world :(

P.s don't be intimidated i smoke and drink so i aint no racer.........yet.
    As long as you don't mind waiting :wink: )
  • AdiMac
    AdiMac Posts: 36
    I'll be riding along the Feeder about 9pm if you want to join me? :D
    Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around you could miss it.
  • sarajoy
    Seriously, absolutely up for a ride - but it may have to be next month..!! Moving house begins tomorrow after getting keys... Couple of weeks overlap, lots of cleaning to do, ergh.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Hi All,

Well, I am gonna be out on the town on Friday night for booze if anyone wants to join me - probably somewhere on Glouces road. Happy to PM my moby number.

As for ride out - I will be doing a long road circuit of about 110 miles (if I get up early enough!) on Sunday. I will be out on Sat night too, so 110 miles is probably gonna turn out to be 50......!

22nd of March I am doing the Bath cycle path on a Fixie and I am sure I will be going across Severn Bridge on a weekend before then anyway!

PM me and I will give you details of my approx plans - training up for tri events and www.Exmouthexodus.co.uk (I want to do this fixed....)
  • ris
    gtvlusso, how serious do you take the tri training? i could do with a kick up the backside if i do the bath tri as i'm intending (waiting to see if i keep my job before i shell out the readies).

110 on sunday might be a bit much for me (given its 30 miles to bris), but i have fairly regular weekend visits that could involve more bike.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Drinkies anyone?

Oh and the social ride poss next weekend hitting the Mendips, please do join us, it'll be long but not necessarily fast.

See Weekend Social Rides thread
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • ris
    i'm probably in bristol next weekend, most likely saturday, although i'm busy until 2-3pm. i can do beers and maybe a ride, but only in the afternoon really.
  • itboffin
    bump - yes I know! :roll:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    You need a hug, don't you?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    You need a hug, don't you?

I'm sick BIG time little itboffin has passed on one of those cool school bugs they seems to collect, just trying to take my mind of the horrid stomach pains and the thought of having to cycle 20 miles in the morning feeling like this.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Oh dear. Yuk.Just a thought, but, do you think you're more susceptible with the mileage you're doing?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    Oh dear. Yuk.Just a thought, but, do you think you're more susceptible with the mileage you're doing?

it was my first thought, I may have overdone it just a little, i'm not a well bunny :(

PS. All bets are off tomorrow, i'll be on the tourer but in no way will I be racing, i'll be doing my best not to chuck an organ :?
  • itboffin
    Now is the time to attack, all the hoity toity elitist townies will be in one place, we should mobilise the tractors round up the hounds and lay siege to the Morpeth, i'll work the crowd from the warmth of the inside - but i'll be there with you in 'spirits' hic!
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Ahem, I think you'll find Gert Lush and myself also have plans to infiltrate tomorrow night.

If Gert is wearing a particularly lumpy looking vest I suggest we scarper quicksmart.
    (I'm way too cowardly to go suicide bombing myself, but fertilizer is easy to come by in these parts and I'm not sure if Gerty could go Bin Laden on us or not) :wink:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • itboffin
    How many of my fellow yokels live in Wilts/Hants/Berks or striking distance of the ridgeway?
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Oh yes - next door in fact - why do you have a plan in mind ?
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    itboffin wrote:
    How many of my fellow yokels live in Wilts/Hants/Berks or striking distance of the ridgeway?

Portsmouth's not a million miles away....
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011