Yokels unite

Comments

• Booked up for Jimmy Carr, I won't be there.

:cry:
    FCN 11, Hmmm
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    linsen wrote:
    nah, easy for a cycling demi-god like you :wink:

Flattery will get you, erm..chocolates?

The reality being and a sweaty cyclist turning up on your doorstep with some soggy cardboard that might have some melted chocolate left in it if you're lucky.

I'd be happy to oblige though, if only for an excuse to head out on my bike, like I need one.

:)
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    The gauntlet has been thrown down (or something) - perhaps another day, though - might be too much even for you after a night on the tiles :wink:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    I've just been checking out my map and come to a conclusion
    Nottingham -> Bristol = far
    damn. hehe
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    hisoka wrote:
    damn. hehe

Leave today and take it steady down the A38. One road so you shouldn't get lost.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Getting there won't be a problem for me, it's getting back that sucks. Why is FGW time table so crap!?!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I'm up for it. Stupid question though: what's the mud dock like for bike parking/security? The reason I ask is that I don't actually own a bike lock (I keep it in my office in work) and wouldn't trust one if I did. I know the MD have their own secure bike storage facilities, but can you pop in and use these even if you're just nipping for a pint there?
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I'm up for it. Stupid question though: what's the mud dock like for bike parking/security? The reason I ask is that I don't actually own a bike lock (I keep it in my office in work) and wouldn't trust one if I did. I know the MD have their own secure bike storage facilities, but can you pop in and use these even if you're just nipping for a pint there?

I may have the car, so you can sohve it in there (Estate). I also carry 2 locks on my bike, so you can use one of them fi I am on-bike.
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    redvee wrote:
    hisoka wrote:
    damn. hehe

Leave today and take it steady down the A38. One road so you shouldn't get lost.

Forgive me while I laugh mightily. You've obviously never seen my navigation! I am great at getting places in "unusual" ways, right direction, wrong roads. hehe
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • gtvlusso wrote:
    I'm up for it. Stupid question though: what's the mud dock like for bike parking/security? The reason I ask is that I don't actually own a bike lock (I keep it in my office in work) and wouldn't trust one if I did. I know the MD have their own secure bike storage facilities, but can you pop in and use these even if you're just nipping for a pint there?

I may have the car, so you can sohve it in there (Estate). I also carry 2 locks on my bike, so you can use one of them fi I am on-bike.

Awesome. Thanks gtvlusso.
  • gtvlusso
    I have a silver (Mucky) BMW estate with roof bars and a cycle rack - T reg I think. Otherwise, I will be on a Boardman Road bike and dressed like a throwback from the Wizard of Oz! Will be there at 5:30'ish.
  • gtvlusso wrote:
    I have a silver (Mucky) BMW estate with roof bars and a cycle rack - T reg I think. Otherwise, I will be on a Boardman Road bike and dressed like a throwback from the Wizard of Oz! Will be there at 5:30'ish.
    Best keep an eye out for the red slippers, then! ;)
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Best keep an eye out for the red slippers, then! ;)

It's the fact that I wear a gingham dress that gets most people.....or the green and white striped socks!
  • itboffin
    My choices are limited, either train it both ways, cycle there 56miles, train back or not go at all.

Which ever I choose I'll have to leave at 20:00 (last train, grrrr FGW) and I hate leaving a party early especially when there's beer & bikes involved.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • linsen
    You could always spend the night on the station platform.....
  • itboffin
    linsen wrote:

Wouldn't be the first time nor would it be the first time if I missed my stop. Once of the great things about living in the West Country is just how far SW commuter trains actually go, Yeovil is charming at 3am.
  • itboffin
    linsen wrote:

oi! where did you get that avatar from, you stalking me...
  • linsen
    ahem I think you'll find you started it!
  • itboffin
    linsen wrote:
    ahem I think you'll find you started it!

No way :!:
  • Horton
    Horton Posts: 327
    I may well have a spare lock or two - depends if the other half joins us. I prob won't be out of the office until 6 but work on corn st. so will be there soon after. I won't however be in black tie I'm afraid (or a gingham dress - don't want to clash with gtv :wink: )
  • linsen
    This page looks really weird now.
    And I'm not even coming to your yokel bash (slopes off back to "central south")
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    linsen wrote:

Not a good idea, been there done that and froze my manparts off.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • linsen
    Poor you, RV - but at least you can feel smug it won't be you this time :D
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    Hey linsen / redvee/ itboffin -

Do think one of you could change your avatar to Kate Beckinsale? I really like her :)

Oh, hang on a moment....
  • linsen
    I'm quite sure if I start confessing on here what a pathetic cyclist I really am then these avatars will soon change....
  • jangle
    jangle Posts: 114
    Worst case my office garage is right across the street so you may be able to dump your bike in there. Will have to check first. Probably should have checked before I posted this but there you go!
  • AdiMac
    AdiMac Posts: 36
    Thought I'd introduce myself on the Yokels page as I'm 100% Bristol. Lived all my life in Bedminster (originally named after the age old past time "Bedding-me-sister") just round the corner from "Spasda" (that's quality!!). I've just moved to St Annes Park.

I've joined the C2W scheme and I'm getting a Boardman Hybrid Pro on the 18th, I'm really looking forward to having a bike again. The last one I had was a GT Zaskar about 15 years ago. Although it is going to kill me for the first couple of weeks as I'm a bit out of shape at the moment.

If your planning a few drinks at the Mud-Dock I might see you there as I work on College Green so stopping off for one or two would be no problem :D:D
    Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around you could miss it.
  • Think ya missed the boat mate, i was guna go but thread went off topic and i forgot to check it again :oops:
    Is it happening again anytime soon?
  • itboffin
    Drinks in the new year, aye!

That's if any pubs are still in business by then :cry:
  • gtvlusso
    Hi All,

Checked out velodrome and have some info for a New Year Track annihilation. Also a little bit of Cycle Speedway in Filton (The Brogmeister provided the link)......

As for booze. Suggest January 24 or 25th at Dockus Mudus....any takers? Only reason I say so late is that I am on-call.....have to carry laptop and pager, unless the London job comes off....TBA.