Yokels unite

15678911»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Tell me my fellow Wilts/Hant/Berks yokels WTF is up with the swarms of flies :?

I'll ignore the never ending strong westerly headwind that now the norm, easterly in the morning just to ensure the proper beating but flies so many flies, its a real PITA when you're putting in a proper hilly effort.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Yep, they be a swarmin' down summerset way an' all. Little blighters are everywhere
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • itboffin
    Attica wrote:

Yep, they be a swarmin' down summerset way an' all. Little blighters are everywhere

So ....what you wearing tonight big boy? :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • attica
    I'm naked and ready
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Attica wrote:

Agreed, but consider them free protein. More entertaining is the prevalence of farm machinery entering & exiting fields, plus the attempts by other vehicles to get past them.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    What you guys need is some smog... It kills everything.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • attica
    DrLex wrote:
    Attica wrote:

Agreed, but consider them free protein. More entertaining is the prevalence of farm machinery entering & exiting fields, plus the attempts by other vehicles to get past them.

Free protein, yes. But they're too small to taste dammit.

Talking of farm machinery exiting fields. I had no option but to ride through the fallout of some web-toed imbecile who had exited a field, probably on two wheels, whilst towing a slurry trailer. A perfectly clean bike suddenly filthy as.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    They're here in Berks too, particularly alongside the Thames.
    I find keeping my mouth closed while cycling there is wise. A beard helps filter them out too :D
    Misguided Idealist
  • howie3472
    howie3472 Posts: 110
    They're here in Berks too, particularly alongside the Thames.
    I find keeping my mouth closed while cycling there is wise. A beard helps filter them out too :D

+1 on the beard, always funny when you spot some one new on the commute who rides with their mouth open inhaling flies suddenly pull up to regurgitate said flies.
    Trek 1.2
    FCN 5
  • itboffin
    At least the freezing monster wind kept most of the fly swarms away tonight.

hands still freezing cold :cry:
  • anonymousblackfg
    anonymousblackfg Posts: 2,029
    I can't believe i've only just looked at this thread, lovely stuff, as a Bristolian in London it's good to see us here making a racket.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    'Tis funny: I still think of Bristol as home even though I've been in London for 12 years now. Got some time off back with the folks next week, which'll be nice.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition