Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• itboffin wrote:
    Pffftt. I'm bored of the Morpeth, we should go to the Cask; it has a constantly changing choice of Ale and a rather affable Landlord. Also has a stonking range of German bottled beers. Does lack in bike parking though...

Also no slightly stalky barmaids.

Blasphemy BURN HIM!

Listen nappy boy, I chose originally selected the Morpeth and I reserve the right to change the official SCR venue*

*I appreciate that this will result in me drinking on my tod.
  • Greg66 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    It's my housemate's birthday and I should be in KX.

Really? Is that going to be his present? :mrgreen:

<ducks, grabs coat, and runs away fast-ish>

Erm.... is this another sci-fi reference? Clearly I mean King's Cross, and he's a she...

No; he being a she makes a mess of it though.

Kings Cross .. you know ... home of the urban prostitute ... maybe his present was to have been a free trick ... pretend you don't know each other ... thrill of the forbidden and all that ....

Oh never mind. These things never work that well when yon have to explain them syllable by syllable.

Now I really will duck, get coat, and run away. I think the need to is more pressing now.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, I do have a lesbian housemate, but it's not her birthday.

Ummm, d'you have a hot tub? And a camcorder? HD if poss?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Pffftt. I'm bored of the Morpeth, we should go to the Cask; it has a constantly changing choice of Ale and a rather affable Landlord. Also has a stonking range of German bottled beers. Does lack in bike parking though...

Ahhhh CTFD about the barmaid... she's alright.

And the Cask appears to be in that council block, right? So we can't lock our bikes to anything and we're in the iffy part of pimlico? Sounds great!
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    if we were to change the venue could it be more central?

the morpeth is fine, it's just cause jash lives next door

Also you mentioned the drug dealers and the like, that doesn't fill me with confidence about X many high spec bikes left there
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Well I've got bugger all to do round here at the moment (in case anyone hadn't noticed) so can be at the Morpeth for 6:30.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Pffftt. I'm bored of the Morpeth, we should go to the Cask; it has a constantly changing choice of Ale and a rather affable Landlord. Also has a stonking range of German bottled beers. Does lack in bike parking though...

M'eh - if you want Landlord, you should come up for a drink in a proper county (ie Yorkshire!). I can arrange a visa for you if you like :D
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Clever Pun wrote:

Also you mentioned the drug dealers and the like, that doesn't fill me with confidence about X many high spec bikes left there

MTFU.

Anyway, I'm moving soon, Wandsworth's handy for everyone right?
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Well - I said yes, I will be in London, but I haven't been scalping for about 6 months owing to living in Reading, commuting to London by train - will be back to Reading in a couple of weeks though, and then should be back to SCRing in earnest (but it was never that good to be honest - it's not really a scalp if they're on the pavement and you're street legal)

That said - be nice to put faces to the names - sure you can't be that scary...
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun wrote:

MTFU.

Anyway, I'm moving soon, Wandsworth's handy for everyone right?

would you leave your price there unattended for 1 hour?

Didn't think so
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • It's actually not that bad, I've left the bike outside a few times now - it's become my regular watering hole. You can see the bikes through the window.

I'm not seriously suggesting a move anyway, but I do wish Youngs would stock a wider range of decent beer.
  • Lesbians and hot tubs aside, I think the Morpeth is pretty conveniently located and the railings make very good bike parking.

Where were you thinking CP?
  • as it will be my first with bike I shall be gracious and bring my krypt with cable too and can probably linked just about everyone's together.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Clever Pun
    Lesbians and hot tubs aside, I think the Morpeth is pretty conveniently located and the railings make very good bike parking.

I hadn't really got that far tbh
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • _Brun_
    Lesbians and hot tubs aside, I think the Morpeth is pretty conveniently located and the railings make very good bike parking.

Intrepid Fox probably. That would be quite something.
  • Lesbians and hot tubs aside, I think the Morpeth is pretty conveniently located and the railings make very good bike parking.

crobar I'll warrant.

crobar I'll warrant.

Yeah. Lycra cladding would slot right in there. No mistake.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Clever Pun

crobar I'll warrant.

lol I do like that place and couriers do frequent it, but hardly somewhere welcoming, especially once I'm on the jukebox :lol:

the ship on wardour street is a better bet, but still a little niche
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • So is anyone drinking tonight, I could manage a swift one, it's been a sh1t day.
  • _Brun_
    Soho's a bit close to home for me. I wouldn't actually want to be seen with you lot.
  • _Brun_
    So is anyone drinking tonight, I could manage a swift one, it's been a sh1t day.
    Yes. 6:30.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    aye. 6:45ish
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Have to be home pre7 tonight, 'fraid.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Well I've got bugger all to do round here at the moment (in case anyone hadn't noticed) so can be at the Morpeth for 6:30.

See you there, i'll have a pint of pepto :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Kewl.
  • Soho is also a bit rubbish for bike parking.

There's a very courier-tastic pub on theobald's road somewhere, but I think we might be shanked and robbed if we go there...
  • itboffin
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Soho's a bit close to home for me. I wouldn't actually want to be seen with you lot.

Not new media enough for you eh!

bloody little cap jean wearing FGSS hipster... oh wait a minute :oops:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:

Soho's full of c*nts anyway :lol::lol:
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:

Soho's full of c*nts anyway :lol::lol:

oh you mean F U C K T A R D S :lol:
  • Clever Pun
    Greg66 wrote:

crobar I'll warrant.

Yeah. Lycra cladding would slot right in there. No mistake.

I'd be fine, you lot would be shunned :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Nah I'd fit right in, Rockers love Tarts...

... reconsiders.