Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• JonGinge wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    I'm sure there'll be people there on friday, too.

How was the trip?

Good thanks! Much cycling was done and I now have very silly tan lines. Well, not as silly as you lot after the last day in wales, but that washed off...

Where are those photos? On second thoughts, they should be vetoed* ;)

* I realised afterwards that my silly red tan lines didn't make the photo. Oh well

Nope, but your stripey calves did! They're on facebook...
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Yup, I have beer on my mind this early in the day. :shock:

I'll probably be there for 18:15-30. :)
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Should be there not long after that.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I'm off the beer this week, which I think might have something to do with my two back to back PB's

So just a large G&T for me then :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Can't make tonight. Babysitting.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Might be out tonight, might have a tech test to do... might
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • So, Rollcall:

Roastie:
    Brun:
    Killboy: Here.
  • K1LLB0Y wrote:
    So, Rollcall:

Roastie:
    Brun:

I'm in.
  • What time should we aim for? 6:15-6:30 (pm)?
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I do have that test tonight, I'll be there tomorrow most likely if anyone else fancies it?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • I might try to pop along but it won't be til 7ish. I assume you'll still be there?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • I might try to pop along but it won't be til 7ish. I assume you'll still be there?

Almost certainly! I'll ne there from 6:30 or so.

Be good to meet you, esp after multiple silly RLJ threads. :lol:

Almost certainly! I'll ne there from 6:30 or so.

Be good to meet you, esp after multiple silly RLJ threads. :lol:

Oh god. I was hoping you'd forgotten about them....
  • :lol: come along though! Killboy's another Morpeth newbie (well almost).
  • BTW, I'm riding my commuting hack which is a dirty, yellow Appollo, as in Halfords cheapo bike, so no sniggering, finger pointing or name calling....
  • Roastie
    K1LLB0Y wrote:
    So, Rollcall:

Roastie:
    Brun:
    Sorry for my lack of attentiveness, I was just busy buying bike bits. Yeah, I'm in! :)
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    BTW, I'm riding my commuting hack which is a dirty, yellow Appollo, as in Halfords cheapo bike, so no sniggering, finger pointing or name calling....

Well that blows my theory that you are a figment of Leo's imagination out of the water.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Roastie
    BTW, I'm riding my commuting hack which is a dirty, yellow Appollo, as in Halfords cheapo bike, so no sniggering, finger pointing or name calling....
    Can't promise that ;)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345

They will. They made fun of my poor ol' commuter a couple of weeks ago. They're ruthless.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp wrote:

They will. They made fun of my poor ol' commuter a couple of weeks ago. They're ruthless.

To be fair you had gaffer tape on the bars...
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    cjcp wrote:

Oh feck. I'm on the red/white hack today...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • cjcp wrote:

That implies that the tape in question covered the bars... it didn't... and it was electrician's or 'magic' tape!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    cjcp wrote:

That implies that the tape in question covered the bars... it didn't... and it was electrician's or 'magic' tape!

Harsh but fair I think you'll find.

I'm on the SS which is a beauty to behold erm and slightly tatty cough! cough!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I think I might have to start some sort of avatar fixing service. The two examples at the very top of this page are all sorts of horrible.

If JonG was really that shape it would be remarkable that he could get up hills at all.
  • I'm with you Brun - nasty, just nasty :roll:
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • jonginge
    _Brun_ wrote:
    I think I might have to start some sort of avatar fixing service. The two examples at the very top of this page are all sorts of horrible.

If JonG was really that shape it would be remarkable that he could get up hills at all.
    I'm a bit bigger than that in RL, it's true.

The original is up on flickr, go mad: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34408680@N ... otostream/
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Jon, Boffin - you fellas coming along tonight then?

@ Brun - Avatarist.
  • The thing I was doing tonight has just been cancelled... but I'm in Essex. I need to come to London anyway... so shall I leave now and MAYBE get to beers in time? Hmmmmmm.
  • Doooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt
  • jonginge
    Jon, Boffin - you fellas coming along tonight then?

@ Brun - Avatarist.
    Should be, barring some IT or boiler related disasters.
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides