Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• While turning up for dinner absolutely plastered post SCR drinks last week may have been found mildly amusing, doing it two Fridays in a row might be considered indicative of a drink problem, or, indeed, taking the p*ss, so I will have to decline this time...

Plus I have a cold (or maybe swine flu) and you lot don't want my germs, do you?

Next time...
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    TN - lightweight* Besides two Fridays in a row in August is called 'summer drinks' and not hardcore drinking sessoins :D:D.

I hope to be there next week to celebrate being paid before it disappears the following Tuesday :roll: :(

*I can manage 2 drinks at most :roll:
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Good to meet you Rolf, twas fun. Just odd that we probably talked more about cars than bikes, but anyhow.

Still think titanium rocks. :)
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Roastie wrote:
    Good to meet you Rolf, twas fun. Just odd that we probably talked more about cars than bikes, but anyhow.

Haha - we did that the first night in Wales. Turns out none of us really enjoys cycling, we just do it to look cool.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Roastie wrote:

Still think titanium rocks. :)
    I'll be arriving on a Green Roberts and wearing a horrible yellow cycling top

It was nice to meet you both! Nice evening decent beer, OK company - what more could you want on a Friday evening :lol:

I'll make a point of popping over when I'm in London if I can. Usually a few times a year.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Swift pint anyone?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Swift pint anyone?

No point - I was in London last week :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Not me. I feel weak. I need to go home to sleep. :oops:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Nope not me. I'm changing Karen's shows and performing surgery on Donovan.

Wish me luck.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    It's free drinks Friday up this way so I think I'm staying put. Particularly since we're thin on the ground this afternoon and there's a good chance the tab will last all night.

Cheers :)
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Argh feck it, I'm gonna go home and play Arkham Asylum instead of drinking beer. New chain and jockey wheels didn't turn up so my evening of fettling has been put on hold.
  • Roastie
    As posted by Killboy on his Introductions thread, a few cold ones at the Morpeth Thursday?
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Thursday sounds perfect :D
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Go on then, twist my arm!
  • Damn it! I can do friday but not thursday... Soon, soon...
  • Roastie
    Damn it! I can do friday but not thursday... Soon, soon...
    Are you back already?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Possibly.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • _Brun_
    I was fully prepared to do both if necessary. Dedication and all that.
  • jonginge
    I'm sure there'll be people there on friday, too.

How was the trip?
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Okay, so Roast and I will be there Thursday. Depending on how my day goes, I may pop in on Friday for a quicky too....but will have to be short.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Me alone in the bar after hours....

but of course I was very very drunk :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • with your reputation!...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • _Brun_
    I'm amazed ITB can actually drink a whole pint without the glass developing a leak and dribbling beer all over the floor.
  • itboffin
    _Brun_ wrote:
    I'm amazed ITB can actually drink a whole pint without the glass developing a leak and dribbling beer all over the floor.

Instinct :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • _Brun_ wrote:
    I'm amazed ITB can actually drink a whole pint without developing a leak and dribbling beer all over the floor.

Fixed that for you.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    _Brun_ wrote:
    I'm amazed ITB can actually drink a whole pint without developing a leak and dribbling beer all over the floor then crashing on the way home with two flat tires.

Fixed that for you.

fixed some more
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    I'm off the sauce this week well until Friday/Sat/Sun that is... I'm only human (superhuman) :twisted:
  • JonGinge wrote:

How was the trip?

Good thanks! Much cycling was done and I now have very silly tan lines. Well, not as silly as you lot after the last day in wales, but that washed off...
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Good thanks! Much cycling was done and I now have very silly tan lines. Well, not as silly as you lot after the last day in wales, but that washed off...

Have you managed the classic SPD sandals tanline? :)
  • jonginge
    JonGinge wrote:

How was the trip?

Where are those photos? On second thoughts, they should be vetoed* ;)

* I realised afterwards that my silly red tan lines didn't make the photo. Oh well
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides