Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I'm there people, times???

James et al

get in....!

Oh yeh i'm already well into beer Friday.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    itboffin wrote:
    I'm there people, times???

James et al

get in....!

Oh yeh i'm already well into beer Friday.

No can do fella; I'm driving down to Sussex tonight, taking the bike and the missus. Gonna get in a flat SPEED blast around some Kent marshland on sat morning then laze around the pool (weather permitting), then get happily drunk in the Best Pub in the South East. IME!

Enjoy. :D
  • itboffin
    Oh just me then :cry:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I think Roastie's up for a "quickie", must admit, I was tempted....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Too late for a quickie now :(.
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    How the hell are you currently pootling along the Thames Path and posting on a forum at the same time...

I know you're female and therefore can multi-task but sheesh!

plenty of cafe/bars on way....

Actually just have a smartphone. Thought I'd stop and see if anyone was doing beers in order to plan my route...
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    How the hell are you currently pootling along the Thames Path and posting on a forum at the same time...

I know you're female and therefore can multi-task but sheesh!

plenty of cafe/bars on way....

Actually just have a smartphone. Thought I'd stop and see if anyone was doing beers in order to plan my route...

Smart Phones are great aren't they, some lovely pubs etc on the river has to be said.
  • il_principe
    Anyone fancy a beer tonight. I'll be at the Morpeth from 6:30 as I'm meeting a mate anyway!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    'Fraid not. Need to get home.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Roastie
    What about tonight? Rumour has it that it will clear up and be sunny (ha ha ha).
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Another quickie :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My mother warned my about Cat 3 types like you :wink:

Can't make it this week, are you at CP on Tuesday?
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Roastie
    Rich158 wrote:
    Can't make it this week, are you at CP on Tuesday?
    Yebo! :D

You all healed up and ready to go?.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I'm not sure, I'll find out on Tuesday :wink:

Don't gloat too much as you lap me :oops: :oops:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • itboffin
    Aye will be there from 18:30 subject to the weather
  • Roastie
    I have had plans made for me, so I'm limited to a quick.. one at 18:00ish...
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Weather looks like it's permitting pub attendance. Is anyone gonna be there around 7?
  • itboffin
    Yup just as soon as I fix the worlds slowest puncture :cry:
  • _Brun_
    Another one? :shock:

I'll be having one very soon, having skidded my back tyre almost to oblivion. Haven't had chance to change it all week, but I've gone to the trouble of carrying round a spare just in case. :roll:

If it survives another couple of miles I'll be there very shortly after 7.
  • il_principe
    I did an LFGSS style ride by at 18:40 but no one was there so I toodled off, could only have managed the swiftest of swift ones anyway.
  • Anyone around for a Morpeth pint this Friday (14th)? Mrs OSK will be in attendance, on the way back from her first commute to work :-)
  • _Brun_
    That's a baptism of fire if ever there was one. Will you be making her complete the first day's commute after several alcoholic drinks?

I might be able to make this week, not sure yet.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Could well work for me!
  • il_principe
    I can make it for a couple. Need a clear head on sat as I'm off to view some flats!
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    Sorry OSK,

It would be good to catch up with you and everyone else again, but I'm off to see U2 at Wembley

I did drive past teh Morpeth a few weeks ago enroute to the southcaost and saw everyone outside, I was seriously temped to stop, but it had taken us an age to get that far in the car, and we wanted to get to the boat at a respectable hour

So you've got Mrs OSK commuting in? She'll be on the forum before you know it ;)

Did you get a route sorted out alright?

G
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • I'm off to hamstead heath looking for s bench, that day so i'll see if i can call past.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I have the day off. Probably will sink myself in Fallout 3 on the X-box.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • I might try to pop along for one, seems ages since I have been to t'Morpeth...

Edit: I've just remembered I have a board meeting that day so will be sans bike and in Normal Clothes if I do come. And possibly drinking since lunchtime, since it ends in a lunch with wine...
  • itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:

:shock:

Surely you meant to say ...

I have the day off, I'm going to ride my lovely carbon bike until my legs feel like they're going to drop off :wink:

Carbon's for life not just for Christmas - FACT
  • itboffin
    I have been know to partake in the odd libation
  • il_principe
    itboffin wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

:shock:

Surely you meant to say ...

I have the day off, I'm going to ride my lovely carbon bike until my legs feel like they're going to drop off :wink:

Carbon's for life not just for Christmas - FACT

+1 It's summertime dude, get out on the bike!