Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    +1 on next Friday

I love beer me the clue is in the avatar :shock:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    ARGH! I'm working down in Woking for the next week and a bit so I'm not sure I'll be able to make it up there (realistically) - might be able to get out next week but it would mean driving home and then changing to ride up to town!

I did answer the top one btw as the previous meetups have all be great fun beer (well cider in my case :-)) and bikes are a good combination! That and riding home after 3 or 4 pints (not something I condone!) was a rather interesting experience!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Fwiw, I definitely can't make next Friday. I might be able to come along tonight after my screening depending on what post-film treats my client has in store, so if it happens let me know!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I can't make next Friday either: I have a race on Sunday so beer is out of the question. Because I am an athlete.

I'll probably use my pass for when Attica is up in The Big Smoke.

<sneezes, coughs guts up>
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    cjcp wrote:
    I can't make next Friday either: I have a race on Sunday so beer is out of the question. Because I am an athlete.

Have you got frickin man flu AGAIN! You are SUCH a girl!

Anyways, can't make beers this or next week unfortunately.

And I've got bike tinkering to do ALL weekend. Bought the missus an old BSA road bike off t'Ebay for a tenner, needs a bit of tlc.

Anyone recommend some good allrounder winter tyres?
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • cjcp
    Littigator wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Have you got frickin man flu AGAIN! You are SUCH a girl!

Anyways, can't make beers this or next week unfortunately.

And I've got bike tinkering to do ALL weekend. Bought the missus an old BSA road bike off t'Ebay for a tenner, needs a bit of tlc.

Anyone recommend some good allrounder winter tyres?

I know. Wife's on anti-biotics.

Conti Gator Skins.

Get back to work. :wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • So 2 for this evening? Hmmmmmm... I've just found out I'm meant to be in Essex...

Maybe a raincheck for this eveing.

What's a vampire weekend?

• What's a vampire weekend?

It's a band.

The stuff about sandal wearers must be true...
    Cannondale F500
    Peugeot Fixed Gear
    Specialized Hardrock
    Baordman Team Carbon
    Haro Freestyler Sport 1984
    Coming Soon...Canyon Nerve AM 7.0
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    OK, I'll head home to Chateau Rob instead of the Morpeth and catch you all next week.

Keep it rubber side down
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • cjcp
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    OK, I'll head home to Chateau Rob instead of the Morpeth and catch you all next week.

Keep it rubber side down

Splendid. :twisted:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054

What's a vampire weekend?

It's a band.

The stuff about sandal wearers must be true...

I love Vampire Weekend. I'm very jealous.

Probably can't make it next week, as I've a race starting on Saturday, but there's a little voice in my head suggesting it would be a great idea... :?
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    Well I've been locked out of my flat all day, but managed to get in with the aid of some plastic!!! :shock:

So I doubt I'll make it along after all

Shame as I need a beer now! :D
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    snooks wrote:
    I can make it this Friday....Not going to miss you fighting off Don Don for the world :D

I'll have to be away by 8 though

:lol::lol:

I know when to retire gracefully, with dignity still intact :shock:

Can I come along some day when I'm visiting mates in London, perhaps after a few months, when you've all realised I'm not a yeast-based sex pest after all :?:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    don_don wrote:
    snooks wrote:
    I can make it this Friday....Not going to miss you fighting off Don Don for the world :D

I'll have to be away by 8 though

:lol::lol:

I know when to retire gracefully, with dignity still intact :shock:

Can I come along some day when I'm visiting mates in London, perhaps after a few months, when you've all realised I'm not a yeast-based sex pest after all :?:

Never mind don_don perhaps I can consul you with stories of LiT's great feats of strength, beauty and intelligence at are more local location, I'm trying to round up enough yokel's for a West Country chapter of the Morpeth Arm's Friday night SCR drinks/non-race.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    Sounds good mate, count me in. Looks like I might have to figure out how this FCN business works..
    :)
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Right ladeeez and gentlemen.

I'll be in the Morpeth Arms from about 5pm this Friday, I'd be delighted if you'd join me there.

Attica
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • I'll be there - not sure if I'll be with bike as am heading to a fancy dress party and need to carry a large papier-mache ball...
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    I'll be there - not sure if I'll be with bike as am heading to a fancy dress party and need to carry a large papier-mache ball...

Fabulous! :D

I may be able to come along, as after today I'm on study leave all week, so I'll have all day Friday to get my hair and make up done... :wink:
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Where is this magical place?! Morpeth in Newcastle, I am not frigging cycling there - too many Geordies!
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I've got no prior appointments this week so could put in an overdue appearance. Only slight issue is that we've got a deadline Friday. This could well mean I've had to do an all-nighter, In which case I'll be the none too healthy looking person slumped in the corner and drooling into his pint.
  • gtvlusso wrote:
    Where is this magical place?! Morpeth in Newcastle, I am not frigging cycling there - too many Geordies!

Erm, nope, it's actually on teh embankment in London...
  • I think that could be attainable...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    gtvlusso wrote:

Erm, nope, it's actually on teh embankment in London...

Doh....maybe not then.
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Friad not, am away for the weekend but then I smell, am very dull and tell stories about mismatched vintage Raleigh parts all the time so I'm unlikely to be missed.

Anyway did I mention that the BB thread on a pre '57 Raleigh frame is almost certainly going to be 26TPI rather than......zzzzzz...hey where did everyone go? :?
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • cjcp
    Sorry, Attica. Am away. Would have been good to meet you (and see the rest of you lot, of course :wink: )

Today is basically Thursday because I have Thursday and Friday off.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Might be up for this...
  • After a last minute change of plans I can now also attend for a few bevvies! The change of plans also means I'm workng on a site right near Aldgate so intend to be following the river to get there meaning I get to take in all the sights (and scalps!) along the way! YAY!
    Also being as it's Friday and I haven't been up on this site for a while I'm getting a greasy kebab (£3.40 for a the kebab with freshly made naan bread, chips and drink is a bargain in central London!) for lunch so will be fuelled by mystery meat and chilli sauce :-)

Now if only the Morpeth except bloodied flaps of hairy skin in exchange of alcoholic beverages and McCoys.......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Also being as it's Friday and I haven't been up on this site for a while I'm getting a greasy kebab (£3.40 for a the kebab with freshly made naan bread, chips and drink is a bargain in central London!) for lunch so will be fuelled by mystery meat and chilli sauce :-)

You Croydon boy!
  • Also being as it's Friday and I haven't been up on this site for a while I'm getting a greasy kebab (£3.40 for a the kebab with freshly made naan bread, chips and drink is a bargain in central London!) for lunch so will be fuelled by mystery meat and chilli sauce :-)

You Croydon boy!

I make no bones about my love of kebab and this place is actually rather good! Found it once when out wondering around hungry with a work mate tucked up in those lovely backroads off Wentworth Street market near Liverpool Street station! It's very tasty and they actually will coat the meat with the chilli sauce and chopped coriander if you say you want spicy :-)
    Besides it sorta healthy as I do get salad with it :wink:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5