Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    My mate and I are going for a drink and a dance tonight, but as we will only be in Brixton, I am treating her to meeting all you lovely lot in the Morpeth before we head off to mine to get ready, esp as she is also a cyclist :D

(please god, let the smurf outfit be there or she will think I am a liar, I had to sell it to her somehow :lol: )

DDD'll defo put in an appearance now. :lol:
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    My mate and I are going for a drink and a dance tonight, but as we will only be in Brixton, I am treating her to meeting all you lovely lot in the Morpeth before we head off to mine to get ready, esp as she is also a cyclist :D

(please god, let the smurf outfit be there or she will think I am a liar, I had to sell it to her somehow :lol: )

Sorry to disappoint. I'm in Milk Tray delivery dress today. Mofo'ing ninja badass mofo'ing ninja dude. That's me. Oh yes sirree.

'cept I forgot the matching gloves. The shame...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • il_principe
    Tonight at the Morpeth, an evening with Greg66:

istockphoto_1618099-beer-and-nuts.jpg
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348

DDD'll defo put in an appearance now. :lol:

As will Sewinman :wink:

I can't make it now :cry: some dodgy prawns last night have put paid to any ideas of moving very far today. I just hope it the after efffects wear of for Sunday and the Tour of Pembrokeshire
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    :cry: at the lack of smurf outfits

Said friend is spoken for, don't get too excited... :roll:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    DDD'll defo put in an appearance now.

I shouldn't go on principle! Besides I'm spoken for. Sorry LiTs, Newbie, Linsen, Jen, Londonlivvy, NGale et al.... If I wasn't me I would cry too!

I'm going to look like a right pr@t in my black 3/4lengths, black jacket and black bike all ninja and what not (I wanted to look like Spider-man).

Who is actually is going?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    I'll be there 1730-1800ish - can probably get there earlier if others are - perfect completion to my 'taking the p!ss' week.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I'll be there 1730-1800ish - can probably get there earlier if others are - perfect completion to my 'taking the p!ss' week.

I'll be there a little later and already slightly worse for wear... They had Tribute on at the pub for lunch it'd be wrong not to have a couple... twice :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • il_principe
    Clever Pun wrote:

I'll be there a little later and already slightly worse for wear... They had Tribute on at the pub for lunch it'd be wrong not to have a couple... twice :lol:

Very wrong. Can't beat Tribute, lovely stuff.

I wanna come tonight, romantic weekend with the missus be dammed!
  • OldSkoolKona
    OldSkoolKona Posts: 655
    I'm coming along, was aiming for 6pm
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    No idea what time I'll be there, but I am only a couple of miles away so I won't be terribly late.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Lbaguley
    Lbaguley Posts: 161
    I'm going to try to be there about 5.45pm - shall I grab a table LiT? I gather you like to force everyone to sit outside until they start to turn blue...?
  • lost_in_thought
    Lbaguley wrote:
    I'm going to try to be there about 5.45pm - shall I grab a table LiT? I gather you like to force everyone to sit outside until they start to turn blue...?

:lol:

That is correct!

I don't like it inside, too busy.
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    Was aiming for 6pm.

Although it had better stop raining if outside tables are planned!
  • DonDaddyD
    I would really really not like to sit indoors...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    wet bums and waterproofs all round then
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Much as I'd like to join in, I have other obligations this evening. Should hopefully still involve cycling home a bit drunk.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    I will stand up from my desk at 1700hrs, out of the door at 1715 at the pub circa 1750 and battered 1815.

Also I have no lock.

Yes - again.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • DonDaddyD
    I'll be there between 17.30 and 18.00.

Probably won't be staying too long.
    Food Chain number = 4

• greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Ok. I have stretched out my early departure as long as I can. I'm getting ready to go now.

Morpeth ETA: pre-5.

Who's in?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • lost_in_thought
    Greg66 wrote:
    Ok. I have stretched out my early departure as long as I can. I'm getting ready to go now.

Who's in?

Hmmmm. Pre-5 is pushing my luck.

1715 is probably earliest achieveable ETA...
  • DonDaddyD
    Greg66 wrote:

Who's in?

Hmmmm. Pre-5 is pushing my luck.

1715 is probably earliest achieveable ETA...

Same here.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    A bit stuck at work - will anyone still be around 18:30ish?
  • lost_in_thought
    Roastiecp wrote:

Oooooh I'd say so.
  • I may be able to get down to 5.15pm for a very swift one and half....Greg, mine's a Peroni.
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Roastie, people will still be there are 22.30 ish, don't fret!

Although I've had a migraine today I am going to come out, prob get there for 5.30-6 ish. I will be wearing (at least after arrival) civvies :)
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    I'll bring a big lock then....

Aiming to get there for 17.30ish so I'll grab an outside table too if I can...
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    biondino wrote:
    Roastie, people will still be there are 22.30 ish, don't fret!
    Ta. Just with all this talk of "I'll be there for just a drink..."

Looking forward.
  • DonDaddyD
    Are there any bike shops in the area that may sell Knog Lights?
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Roastiecp wrote:

now that made me laugh :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.