Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    itboffin wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    Has the social club closed down?

I think it's become private members only :wink:

Do you think they have reciprocals with the Savile on Brook Street?
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    it's still thee most fridays.. I wont be there this week as I'm down in Brizzle or Bristol(s) for GregT
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Clever Pun wrote:
    it's still thee most fridays.. I wont be there this week as I'm down in Brizzle or Bristol(s) for GregT

I can't do this Friday either, leaving do tonight and at least 70 mile ride planned for tomorrow am. :shock:
  • Sewinman
    Clever Pun wrote:

Do you know I thought that a lot of people lived in a place called 'Brizzle' until your post...an actual place. I am sticking my tongue in my lower gum and slapping it repeatedly.
  • Clever Pun
    Sewinman wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

Do you know I thought that a lot of people lived in a place called 'Brizzle' until your post...an actual place. I am sticking my tongue in my lower gum and slapping it repeatedly.

you're a yank though right? understanding different dialects is hard enough if you're from the next county
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Sewinman
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

you're a yank though right? understanding different dialects is hard enough if you're from the next county

Ouch - yank!?

I am from SW London.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Clever Pun wrote:

I can't do this Friday either, leaving do tonight and at least 70 mile ride planned for tomorrow am. :shock:

Neither me. Going to Oz this weekend, need to pack from clothes which are in Essex, have spent all week abroad, much work to do today!

Argh.
  • Clever Pun
    Sewinman wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

Ouch - yank!?

I am from SW London.

my apologies :lol:

must have got my wires crossed somewhere
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • il_principe
    It's the baseball cap isn't it? :D
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Sewinman wrote:
    Ouch - yank!?

I am from SW London.
    Is that this one?
  • Sewinman
    Ha Ha - I am from Strawberry Hill.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    This Strawberry Hill?
  • Furbes
    Furbes Posts: 289
    i'd love a beer , but i'm not in london - i'm not even in the same country :!: :!: :!:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Did someone say beer? what a good idea :wink:

Help me biondio..... :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Furbes wrote:
    i'd love a beer , but i'm not in london - i'm not even in the same country :!: :!: :!:

Dublin you say, mmmm interesting...! hows the SCR over there?

I'm 2nd interviewing for a job in Dublin next week, fingers crossed I might need to apply for an SCR transfer :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • il_principe
    I'm going to the Bavarian Beerhouse tonight. Got to take it easy if I'm going to ride tomorrow though!
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    Typical, the one day I could make it no one else can...

Mind you I’m not SCRing today cos there was a meeting I needed to look vaguely presentable in.
  • Furbes
    Furbes Posts: 289
    SCR is pretty cool over here boffin ! whereabouts is your interview over here ?
  • Sewinman
    Typical, the one day I could make it no one else can...

Mind you I’m not SCRing today cos there was a meeting I needed to look vaguely presentable in.

I could make it......

edit - joking, joking.
  • _Brun_
    I was intending to this evening but will do well to get out of here before 8 and the pub immediately over the road is gonna be difficult to resist by virtue of its proximity.

I know work's getting silly when it feels like mid afternoon and I suddenly realise it's gone 5. You lot will all have buggered off soon and I'll be left with no choice but to do something productive for the rest of the day :(
  • itboffin
    I'm going to the Bavarian Beerhouse tonight. Got to take it easy if I'm going to ride tomorrow though!

Who are you kidding....!
  • itboffin
    Furbes wrote:
    SCR is pretty cool over here boffin ! whereabouts is your interview over here ?

Yep in Dublin 18 on the 20th March, fingers legs arms everything crossed :D
  • itboffin
    _Brun_ wrote:
    I was intending to this evening but will do well to get out of here before 8 and the pub immediately over the road is gonna be difficult to resist by virtue of its proximity.

I know work's getting silly when it feels like mid afternoon and I suddenly realise it's gone 5. You lot will all have buggered off soon and I'll be left with no choice but to do something productive for the rest of the day :(

As every i'm still here :D
  • itboffin
    _Brun_ wrote:

As every i'm still here :D
  • _Brun_
    I bet you've got a beer though haven't you?
  • itboffin
    _Brun_ wrote:
    I bet you've got a beer though haven't you?

is the Pope German??? :roll:
  • With all this spring sunshine, I'm looking forward to a summer evening outside the Morpeth with pint hand and sun on back.

Care for a Pimms anyone?
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • Righty, planning ahead, who's up for a Morpeth pint or three next Friday, 27th March. Hugo might even pop along :shock:

Seeing as it will be my first Morpeth foray (assuming some others are up for it, not up for a solo drinking sesh) can someone tell me where it is :oops:
  • "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • Righty, on for Friday. Anyone else?