Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I can do this friday I think. Weather looks awful for this weekend so no Saturday morning ride planned.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I may be able to put in an appearance.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Can someone tell me why this is called the Morpeth Social Club? As a former Morpethian, it's not the first thing I expected to see when I signed up for a forum to read about commuting in London....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    :lol:

The Morpeth Arms on Embankment, just by Vauxhall Bridge lights.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    I think Morpeth Social Club sounds a lot nicer then "SCR Weekly Pi$$ Up" tbh - just annoyed that as I'm in Woking this Friday and next I won't be able to make it in for some :-(
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Will there be geeky cycling people wearing smelly lycra which is too small?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    I might pop along if I manage to kick this horrible cold, but not if I’m still sniffly – I’m sure you lot don’t want it!
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    itboffin wrote:

Y don't want to feel like the odd one out if you come ;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:

Y don't want to feel like the odd one out if you come ;-)

Just checking that i'd fit in no pun intended :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • What time are people thinking for Friday?
  • Totalnewbie
    Ok, I’m in.

Still recovering from being ill earlier in the week, so am sadly without the bike, but my bus home practically goes past the Morpeth so it would be rude not to...even if I will be the only one not in lycra!

Prob get there around 6-6.30 myself.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    I'm in - my Dad's down so I'll only be able to stop for a couple - be there 1800 / 1830.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • DonDaddyD
    Nope, girlfriend's friend’s birthday... (Pedant check on that please)

I’ve got go to Shoreditch urgh.... and pretend to drink merry urgh...

I hate the detached pretentiousness and rose smelling pooh. I have to deal with it far too much of it at work. Its all fake. Sometimes I just wanna go to a pub and drink beer with the genuine folk...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • il_principe
    I'm in. 18:00 or a bit later, will probably be sans bike. Slepped all the way over to Barons Court this AM only to find that my client had called in sick! 2 totally pointless tube trips, not happy!
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I won't be attending thanks - my mate has just bought a new car (Audi A6?) and he's put me on the insurance for a week :) Have fun all y'all!
  • biondino
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I hate the detached pretentiousness and rose smelling pooh. I have to deal with it far too much of it at work. Its all fake.

On a related note, I discovered that my trendy meeja club uses scented toilet paper!
  • Cool, I'll aim for 6pm.

Where's available for bike locky-uping? Ok on the railings outside of the pub? I didn't realise it was right on the river, looking forward to watching the cycling commuter peleton on Millbank.
  • il_principe
    biondino wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I hate the detached pretentiousness and rose smelling pooh. I have to deal with it far too much of it at work. Its all fake.

On a related note, I discovered that my trendy meeja club uses scented toilet paper!

The Hospital?
  • biondino
    No, the Century, favoured by posh birds dating dodgy film producers :)
  • I shall be there.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    I'd love to but somehow I don't think the 17p I have in my bank account is going to get me very far :cry:

Have fun.... without me! :cry::lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    I'd love to but somehow I don't think the 17p I have in my bank account is going to get me very far

Have fun.... without me!

Epic journey from Wiltshire isn't it?

Gonna try and nip by for a swift one, but don't hold me to it.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    I've forgot my lock (again) will anyone be there circa 1815?

edited to add -

With a lock you jokers
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • il_principe
    Greg T wrote:
    I've forgot my lock (again) will anyone be there circa 1815?

edited to add -

With a lock you jokers

I should be.

With a lock.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Would love to chaps, but got to get home tonight. Good weekend, kids.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Apologies for not dropping by - I had intended to have a cheeky one on the way home but alas I had to get back for a hastily arranged call with our 'special friends' across the pond.

I did do a ride by down Ponsonby Place approx 6.15pm but though there were bikes outside, you guys must have been inside getting them in!

Until next time....
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • DonDaddyD
    Well what can I say, Jash, Totalnewbie, Oldskoolkona, the Greg's and I were all present for merry drinks.

Oldskoolkona and Greg66 dropped off, we headed for curry. I had a yoghurt in the form of butter chicken crurry (need to MTFU) GregT and Jash pounded their chests at one another as they debated who had the hottest curry. I think TN won that won.... Great time enjoyed by all.

Journey home was confusing, I headed down the road thinking I'll come to Chelsea Bridge, looked at a bus stop said I was heading to Marble Arch.... I love London you can't get lost. I found myself at Victoria and then attacked Chelsea bridge. Most fun.

Got home and was immediately placed in the dog house...
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    Well what can I say, Jash, Totalnewbie, Oldskoolkona, the Greg's and I were all present for merry drinks.

Oldskoolkona and Greg66 dropped off, we headed for curry. I had a yoghurt in the form of butter chicken crurry (need to MTFU) GregT and Jash pounded their chests at one another as they debated who had the hottest curry. I think TN won that won.... Great time enjoyed by all.

Journey home was confusing, I headed down the road thinking I'll come to Chelsea Bridge, looked at a bus stop said I was heading to Marble Arch.... I love London you can't get lost. I found myself at Victoria and then attacked Chelsea bridge. Most fun.

Got home and was immediately placed in the dog house...
    Food Chain number = 4

• Totalnewbie
    That was good fun and I am sure the slight headache I have is nothing to do with that last bacardi and coke :roll:

No surprises that you are in the doghouse DDD. Luckily my dog was overjoyed to see me when I walked in, as always :lol:
  • itboffin
    Shocking behaviour the lot of you, I had my last glass of water then in bed by 9pm - some of us are in training you know :?

I'm not in anyway jealous :cry: