Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    You bunch of cynical gits, British Gas man has been and gone. I'm sitting here all toasty warm now.

Even though I'm supposedly 'at work', I'm tempted to have a cheeky Friday afternoon beer.
  • _Brun_ wrote:
    You bunch of cynical gits, British Gas man has been and gone. I'm sitting here all toasty warm now.

Even though I'm supposedly 'at work', I'm tempted to have a cheeky Friday afternoon beer.

DDDDOOO EEEETTTTT!!!!!!!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Greg66 wrote:
    You want crap service?

Cervelo.

Fixed that for you.

:lol:
  • Greg66 wrote:
    You want crap service?

Cervelo.

Fixed that for you.

Nice try, but they've been a beacon of helpfulness and efficiency in this. In fact, having found out that photos were sent to them today, I rang them 10 mins ago; they were happy to look at them immediately and send a message back to the distributor straight after that.

Of course, chances are that the distributor will shut down its computers and phones at 5 on the nail on a Friday (Thurs: open til 7; phones shut down at 5.15) so it may all be in vain.

How long have you had the Prince?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • il_principe
    Greg66 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    You want crap service?

Cervelo.

Fixed that for you.

Nice try, but they've been a beacon of helpfulness and efficiency in this. In fact, having found out that photos were sent to them today, I rang them 10 mins ago; they were happy to look at them immediately and send a message back to the distributor straight after that.

Of course, chances are that the distributor will shut down its computers and phones at 5 on the nail on a Friday (Thurs: open til 7; phones shut down at 5.15) so it may all be in vain.

How long have you had the Prince?

I know I know, hubris and all that.

I'm going to keep quiet!
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    tonight I'll be needing a lock as usual...thanks :D
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • il_principe
    Clever Pun wrote:

I have one.

Cost you another pint though! :D
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Clever Pun wrote:

I have one.

Cost you another pint though! :D

git... oh well. All hail to the ale
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • I have one too... it will cost you a pint and with my fosters habit you'd be better off with Jash's.

Right I'm off for a brief sprint on the cross-trainer. See you there, kids!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Have a drink for me!!!

:cry::cry::cry:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • il_principe
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Have a drink for me!!!

:cry::cry::cry:

Hope you find a nice dress!
  • Couldn't make last week - I usually just round the corner but had to be in Reading.....any gossip? Was it a heavy session?
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • il_principe
    SiHughes wrote:
    Couldn't make last week - I usually just round the corner but had to be in Reading.....any gossip? Was it a heavy session?

Well I got pretty battered. Does that count as gossip? Put pay to my Saturday ride, not good form. Wish I'd taken Greg's lead on the lime/soda!
  • I pootled cheerfully home with a few navigational difficulties on the way, and then proceeded to eat the entire contents of my fridge. Stupid curry house not letting us in...

Next beers I'm going to have an afternoon tea of carbs and fat.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    We'll have to ensure there's a good attendance for LiTTssss send off after all we don't him coming back too soon.

I'll even make the journey from the wilds, shame he will have sold all his bikes be then, I seem to recall him struggling to keep up with my old hybrid :twisted:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • il_principe
    I pootled cheerfully home with a few navigational difficulties on the way, and then proceeded to eat the entire contents of my fridge. Stupid curry house not letting us in...

Next beers I'm going to have an afternoon tea of carbs and fat.

Yeah stupid curry people. I got home and remembered I had a pack of Bratwurst from Borough mkt in my bag. Duly cooked them up (very noisily apparently) and ate them with rather unbecoming gusto.

Fell off the health wagon big style this weekend. Had my first chocolate bar since xmas, and cookies and pizza and beer and wine. Mmmmmm bad food is so good.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Yeah stupid curry people. I got home and remembered I had a pack of Bratwurst from Borough mkt in my bag. Duly cooked them up (very noisily apparently) and ate them with rather unbecoming gusto.

Fell off the health wagon big style this weekend. Had my first chocolate bar since xmas, and cookies and pizza and beer and wine. Mmmmmm bad food is so good.

How on God's Earth do you weigh less than 12 stone?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • il_principe
    Good genes?

I'm basically the same weight now as I was when I was 19, same waist size as well. Fluctuate a bit but I seem to have a high metabolism. (I'm sure this will all change when I hit 30).

:shock:
  • itboffin
    edited February 2009
    Good genes?

I'm basically the same weight now as I was when I was 19, same waist size as well. Fluctuate a bit but I seem to have a high metabolism. (I'm sure this will all change when I hit 30).

Oh shut up - I hate you :evil: :P

Edit: I puffed, grunted and wheezed my way around on the bike this morning like an asthmatic 90 yr old coal miner smoking a pipe. My back and knees ached the whole time but it was worth it for the MASSHOOF avg speed of 14.1mph

don't forget the .1 :evil:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Would have been worse if they'd let us in for curry. I was so hungry.

I had sausages too, and some olives and anchovies. Damn it.
  • DonDaddyD
    Good genes?

Oi Posh Spice!

MTFU and put so weight on them bones.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    Good genes?

I have issues with this not what you've said, issues in life. My Dad was on his way to being an international high-jumper and my Aunt (Mum could do this as well) is an international dancer (with MBE). Based on my family I was always going to be on the wide side, not fat - that is my own doing - but well-framed, with big thighs, broad shoulders (42/44in chest - minus the moobs), 15.5inch neck and a (once) 36inch waist.

Now that I've started cycling I've found that none of my clothes fit, without a belt I could take my trousers/jeans off without un-buttoning or un-zipping them :shock:

The trouble is my thighs, I've always had big thighs so despite actually having a 33inch waist I have to buy 36 because 34inch trousers/jeans won't go over my thighs comfortable and everything too close. Because of this I have this trouble with cycle clothing.

Also I've clearly lost weight, yet I may very well be heavier (14/15stone depending on the time of day) than when I started cycling I'm also noticably stronger - all I seem to put on is muscle... :shock:

Its not fair that you all are working to standards of sub-12stone and if I did that I'd look uworringly unhealthy IMO.
    Food Chain number = 4

• il_principe
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Good genes?

The trouble is my thighs, I've always had big thighs so despite actually having a 33inch waist I have to buy 36 because 34inch trousers/jeans won't go over my thighs comfortable and everything too close. Because of this I have this trouble with cycle clothing.

I'm starting to worry about this spring challenge thing...
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Good genes?

I have issues with this not what you've said, issues in life. My Dad was on his way to being an international high-jumper and my Aunt (Mum could do this as well) is an international dancer (with MBE). Based on my family I was always going to be on the wide side, not fat - that is my own doing - but well-framed, with big thighs, broad shoulders (42/44in chest - minus the moobs), 15.5inch neck and a (once) 36inch waist.

Now that I've started cycling I've found that none of my clothes fit, without a belt I could take my trousers/jeans off without un-buttoning or un-zipping them :shock:

Also I've clearly lost weight, yet I may very well be heavier (14/15stone depending on the time of day) than when I started cycling I'm also noticably stronger - all I seem to put on is muscle... :shock:

Its not fair that you all are working to standards of sub-12stone and if I did that I'd look uworringly unhealthy IMO.

That's me too! I'm from a family of boxers (fighty people - not dogs) almost all of my male relatives on my dad's side are known as Big (insert name here).

I was 10lb 10oz when I was born and despite my new increase in cycling weights 3 times a week and eating fairly sensibly I'm still over 13 stone and a 34ish inch waist :evil:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Good genes?

I'm starting to worry about this spring challenge thing...

I wouldn't, I have to use energy to carry the extra mass and that reduces my already very pathetic stamina. I might be able to match you for a few seconds but I'll overheat and burn out quickly. Then there is my lack of technique (spinning is not natural to me). Then there is my bike and lets face it, my bike is a Giant SCR3 (what do people make of these Argon 18 bikes

In all honesty, if and when we race, for me its for educational reasons. I learn best by seeing and doing. I should sooner just ask you to a couple of laps of Richmond park but a race sounds so much more fun :twisted:

What I will say is that you faster guys should encourage Bassjunkie to a sprint and fast ride, I think he'll surpise most...
    Food Chain number = 4

• @DDD - All going well you'll have plenty of time to study JA's technique on the Marlborough Loop! I'm also happy to find out I'm carrying 2st less then JA, but I think that difference is cancelled out once you take into account for our rides :-)

Much like you tho JA my weight and waist haven't changed much since I left college about 10 years ago - 10st and 30" and I can pretty much eat what I want!

This mornings ride in to the training course was utter boredom. Not another bean (not that it matters as I still have 2 days to run on my LiT imposed ban..........) but I did have 2 myopic drivers on the way home - one turning into a side road and another pulling out from one - who both made me have to shave a few MPH's off to avoid some a close up inspection of the side of their cars :evil:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Good genes?

+1 Exactly the same. (i used to play rugby etc). However, since doing longer weekend rides I have noticed that my thighs are changing shape and I am now actually losing some weight - rather than just putting on muscle. I reckon I might even fit in to 34 waist soon. I think cycling will change your shape eventually...just after a lot of miles.
  • Sewinman
    prawny wrote:
    I was 10lb 10oz when I was born and despite my new increase in cycling weights 3 times a week and eating fairly sensibly I'm still over 13 stone and a 34ish inch waist :evil:

I was 11lb 13oz! :twisted:
  • Sewinman
    Has the social club closed down?
  • itboffin
    Sewinman wrote:
    Has the social club closed down?

I think it's become private members only :wink: