Who are you?Where you from?Whats your ride?

Comments

• genspain
    genspain Posts: 43
    cgarossi wrote:
    Here are my babies :)

scott_small.jpg
    trek_small.jpg

Bigger versions in my sig

:love:

I like the Scott but loving the Trek 8)
    Cheeky, Cheeky
  • 2tired2ride
    2tired2ride Posts: 285
    Me: (on the right) :D

antigua2008017.th.jpg

My ride(s):

image020w.th.jpg

image037b.th.jpg

image032jwc.th.jpg
    "If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
    Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
    Boardman Road Team 09
    Boardman Urban Team 08
    Falcon 3 Speed
  • I'm Paul from Bedford, 32 now - starting to ride down chicksands quite a bit lately, and although not really done proper dh stuff, but I'm getting a good buzz from it :) I don't drive so I consider myself a strong rider who just needs to up his confidence with jumps, drops and dual slalom / 4x.
    Have gone through several GT RTS frames now (on my 3rd) since they've been out as they suffer a weak point around the bb, so will eventually scrape some cash together for something a tad newer and better suited.

Here's a pic of my ride:
    DSCF6465.jpg

And of me : )
    4185_209446670088_885145088_6920129.jpg
  • Hi all.

I'm Tom, 21 from Carlisle. Only been riding for a few months, but already totally obsessed! Bought my pitch comp a bit over a month ago and really couldn't have asked for a better bike!

so here's my bike:

DSC00203.jpg

and this is me drinking a beer or 6 by the river a few weeks back.

river.jpg

I currently don't drive so if anyone around my way is heading off somewhere and has room for one more then I'll happily buy a few rounds in the pub afterwards.
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    What is going on with the Maxle 20mm QR lever at a mad angle!!? Should ideally be pointing backwards! C'mon! :wink:
    DSC00203.jpg
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • mtb_novice
    mtb_novice Posts: 24
    My name is Sam and I am from Essex, thought it would be good to show some pictures!

Me in Venice on my honeymoon.
    SA550156.jpg

Me in the peaks.
    P8301834.jpg

My Boulder Disc.
    SA550330.jpg

Another picture of my Boulder.
    SA550331.jpg

My new car!
    SA550328.jpg

The pictures of my bike and car were taken on Sunday morning at 7:30am just before I went out for a ride in epping forest. It was very wet and very muddy!
    If you see it, ride it, if you don't, you have already fallen off!

Marin Bobcat '10
    Marzocchi Bomber Forks
  • cleggy efc
    cleggy efc Posts: 33
    me :D

006-1.jpg :oops: :oops:

the bike'S

IMG_0036.jpg

i'm from runcorn area, just love that penmachno top, and the marin trail bottom,
    hopefully going cli machx trail in 2 weeks, LETS AVE IT
    jamie
  • Rau
    Rau Posts: 22
    Here's me at the summt of Mount Kinabalu (14,000 ft) in Sabah, Borneo.
    3494654619_1fd263b89f.jpg

Here's me with my guide, David, in the Kelabit Highlands, Sarawak, Borneo.
    3495556988_e484a9d47e.jpg

And here's my new Trek 6300 MTB :D
    dscn3872q.jpg
    sig3.png
  • Fully
    Fully Posts: 257
    Wow!! I bet Borneo was interesting. How long were you out there for?
    Forget your heart, it's your bank i wanna break, it's just yer money i'm after baby...

A Few Pics
  • Rau
    Fully wrote:

I went for just over 4 weeks.. it was the best experience of my life by far. I have loads of pics on my Flickr account here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/32369860@N ... 913017037/

:)
    sig3.png
  • Fully
    Fully Posts: 257
    Some nice pics there Rau 8) . I love how utterly mental the vegetation is in the tropics, enormous leaves, vivid greens and mad colours everywhere. Those ants look a bit 'bitey' though...

I remember seeing a program a few years back about the kinabalu marathon, the runners must be nails :shock: .
    Forget your heart, it's your bank i wanna break, it's just yer money i'm after baby...

A Few Pics
  • This is my old baby, Martha.....
    15052009037small.jpg
    Bloody hell! Is that an 8inch rotor on a XC bike!! :shock:

:lol:
    thtas crazy! :lol: :shock:

easy chaps.....

indeed it is an 8".....my lil lady says, size isn't everything, but i believe bigger is better

now back to the bike, I needed a rotor and it's all i had lying around, it works fine, doesn't weigh too much, and i've never been thrown over the bars yet so what's the biggie? ;)

well i know if you get to big of a rotor and at speed some rotors have been known to vibrate and some people have had to go to a smaller size.
    6' 3" and size 17 shoes(us) only 16 and i ride a trek 4300 07 (got it on 2-7-07) and i have 470 mile on it. with countless scars.
  • Biggus86
    Biggus86 Posts: 385
    Rau wrote:
    Fully wrote:

I went for just over 4 weeks.. it was the best experience of my life by far. I have loads of pics on my Flickr account here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/32369860@N ... 913017037/

Looks lush... I've wanted to go to Brazil and spend a couple of weeks treking the rainforest for a while now, and i will do it one day:)
  • Thermo1
    Thermo1 Posts: 75
    This is my old baby, Martha.....
    15052009037small.jpg
    Bloody hell! Is that an 8inch rotor on a XC bike!! :shock:

thtas crazy! :lol: :shock:

easy chaps.....

indeed it is an 8".....my lil lady says, size isn't everything, but i believe bigger is better

now back to the bike, I needed a rotor and it's all i had lying around, it works fine, doesn't weigh too much, and i've never been thrown over the bars yet so what's the biggie? ;)

well i know if you get to big of a rotor and at speed some rotors have been known to vibrate and some people have had to go to a smaller size.

Just make sure your forks are rated to take an 8" rotor otherwise the torque can rip the rotor out of the dropouts.
  • Hello - I'm Rob, and I live in Helensburgh (near Glasgow) in Scotland. I figured I should post an intro, although I've lurked on the site for most of the past decade, it's only recently I've started posting. That's due to getting back to riding regularly this year after about ten years of patchy time in the saddle.

I got into mountainbiking back in late '96 with a rigid '97 model Giant Granite, although I was into road biking lots in the early '90's and BMX bikes when I was a kid. That was in the '80's when BMX's were "in" the first time around. ;)

The Granite is still in good working order, but with a modest pair of sus' forks and my girlfriend uses it now (occasionally). I currently ride a ten year old Giant ATX 1100. That was an insurance job replacement for a lovely custom bike I had built around a wicked Coyote frame with carbon swing-arm, but was then stolen from the back yard of the bike shop when it was in getting the last bit put on it - a pair of XT V-Brake levers.

The ATX 1100 isn't stock, as I couldn't live with gripshift or the ball crusher saddle that it came with, and since it was an insurance job I got a say in what bits it came with. Hence XT rapid fire and a slightly comfier saddle! I decided against getting XT brake levers due to the bad luck they'd brought the first time round, though. ;)

Unfortunately, I moved to London about six months after I got it in '99 and the big foot & mouth outbreak followed in 2000. So I kind of got out of the habit of riding because there was nowhere to go. Still, on the up-side the bike is in great nick due to lack of use!

Last year I moved back to my home town in Scotland and with the hills right on my doorstep again I'm back out on the bike and loving it.

Anyway, pleased to meet all of you - sorry for rambling on. :oops:

Here's a pic of me playing on a ramp outside my house a few weeks back, performing a death defying leap over my daughter's teddy bear;

me_on_bike_june_09_400x318.jpg
  • Rau
    Here's a pic of me playing on a ramp outside my house a few weeks back, performing a death defying leap over my daughter's teddy bear;

me_on_bike_june_09_400x318.jpg

That's extreme :shock:
    sig3.png
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    You shouldn't jump with the seat that high.

"...performing a death defying leap over my daughter's teddy bear"
  • Hey, you should have seen the look on that bear's face... he seemed to think it was death defying, with his frozen stare. ;)

The seat was at a middling height - not really low enough for proper jumping, but high enough so I could have a wee sit down while I cycled back to the top of the grassy bit for another go. 8)

Besides, I wasn't really going for it - it was the first time I'd dragged the ramp out in years so I was taking it easy. :)
  • Well sod the summer, no point moaning, just get out and do it! Looks quite warm & bright in the pic this evening. Mind you the rain has made the track we rode so thick and over grown, hence the blood stains on my right arm from thorns & my legs feel somewhat cheesegratered.
    30709eveningride.jpg
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    here's me at hamsterley on my trusty hardtail.

1.jpg

no action shot's of me on the spark yet, but here's a pic anyway.
    005.jpg
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    fatblokefromwarwick - you dissappoint! You may well be from Warwick, but you don't look very fat!! :?

Lol :lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • joolsburger
    joolsburger Posts: 43
    edited August 2009
    piccy106.jpg

I'm from Surrey and ride mostly around the Surrey hills and Bracknell with the odd trip much further. My favorite place to ride is Les Arcs. I've been doing this since about 88 so I suppose I'm retro now!

2002 Ellsworth Isis / 2009 Fox Float R
    Fox Float 100 RLC No idea what year work well though!
    Mavic 521's on Hope Bulbs (built by Roger Musson, my best ever buy for sure)
    Middleburn RS7 with Middleburn rings
    XT/XTR shifters and mechs
    Juicy Sevens
    Easton Bars and Stem
    Thompson Post
    WTB Speed V Pure

Weighs around 28 bombproof pounds ( I'm a big guy) and I still haven't found a bike I'd rather have so I just change bits when they get knackered..
    2002 Ellsworth Isis
    1997 Santa Cruz Heckler
    1994 Cannondale M900
    1992 Specialized Stumpjumper
    1988 Marin Pallisades trail
  • Im marc live in Leeds (NR Garforth) ride local loops commute 20 mile a day, do whatever trailcentres when i can but do prefer to just ride and explore with an o.s map, :D me ride is a Rockhopper expert only owned for 2 weeks ,but loving it before that i had a kona firemountain for 3 years so needed a change !!! No shots of me riding yet !
    july09002.jpg
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    hi, i'm Jacob(JAY)i'm 13 and i live in Hartford which is in cheshire. i was born in Poland and lived here nearly 5 years. this is my ride 3599789691_645bc25a85.jpg
    this is my pond 3600596184_cd91140f87.jpg
    and this is a sturgeon from my pond. i have about 15 fish in there 3600593564_85e9fc3fb3.jpg
  • joed05
    joed05 Posts: 794
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3738250/
    thats my Glory, been riding DH for 4 years, probably posted up on here ages ago but havent been on here in ages either, used to have a big hit
    Best quote ever (pinkbike): "i've heard that Hill pees, deffecates, vomits and masturbates before each race to keep the weight down"
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    My 3 bikes

2009 Scott Spark 60

Bike1.jpg

2009 Orange G2

Bike2.jpg

1997(?) Gary Fisher "Big Sur"

(Road tyres as my commuter hack)

Bike3.jpg

Then there is me playing in the forest last year on the Gary..

James3s.jpg

• blodders
    blodders Posts: 25
    Gareth, 30, Northampton. Just got into MTB'ing 3 months ago. Have a carrera Vulcan 07 which i am going to turn into an all rounder as i now have a new toy which turned up last week. Can't wait to get down and dirty

3830492083_617121810b_b.jpg

:D
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Hi - been on here for a while and been meaning to chuck up a pic or two of my bikes.

My Cove - my true love:

IMG_0221.jpg

My Heckler - my bit on the side:

IMG_0218.jpg

Cove is due a respray soon (the little bits of blue tape are covering up bare steel wear points. The Heckler is an 01/02 frame I bought on ebay after a respray and its pretty sweet. White grips - mistake.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • fedrat
    fedrat Posts: 22
    edited August 2009
    Dunno if I've posted on here yet, but here goes.
    I'm James. From West Yorkshire originally, but now living in Derby.
    I ride a Giant ATX 830 that I got off a mate! My Mrs rides my old Trek which has turned into a bit of a bodge bike ATM, but will actually sort properly some time soon.
    I will get some photo's of me and my ride, soon. I promise. Really, I do.

Oh, and if anyone lives in Derby and wants to:
    a) ride
    or
    b) shower me with free bits :wink:
    PM me!
    3853069101_9f797f6051_b.jpg
    My Bikes
    ?rotated=1&cb=1251149117608
    Me (honest!!)
    Giant ATX 830